Power Rangers

I hated it when it first came out. I felt like it was too "kiddy". I have seen a few shows here and there throughout the years but I still dont like it. I always got the feeling it was a bad ripoff of Voltron (one of the shows close to my heart as a kid)

I used to watch it all the time. heck when it first started my 5th grade teacher even let us watch the eps in the morning before we started class. I'd like to know what happened to all the old cast memebers fromt he early years. I know The actors for Tommy and Amy jo johnson still work but i havent seen any of the other cast memebrs do anything else that i can recall.

On a side note thinking about watching tv at school reminds me of something i found funny back in my school days. I was in 7th grade and we had a free peroid for some reason so the teacher hooked up the tv and started channel surfing for us Came across Giligans island and said something like

"Oh i'm sure none of you want to watch this."

( the class was full of lil goths grunge heads and gang members)

Everyone jumped up and yelled at her to turn it back. It was priceless seeing people i never knew watch those old shows jump out of their seats and demand to watch that show lol

I LOVED power rangers when I was a kid. I'd run into the house after Pre-K every afternoon to watch it (The original season). I stopped watching after Lightspeed Rescue or Time Force (which one came first?) Then I watched a few of the Dino Thunder episodes but I thought they wasted a chance to make two of the supporting characters rangers (The stuck-up reporter girl who always dressed in pink, and her cameraboy who always wore green.) They should've had them snooping around someplace, discover whatever relic made the rangers rangers, and become the pink and green ranger. That would've been awesome. But I stopped watching that after 4 episodes.

I LOVED power rangers when I was a kid. I'd run into the house after Pre-K every afternoon to watch it (The original season). I stopped watching after Lightspeed Rescue or Time Force (which one came first?) Then I watched a few of the Dino Thunder episodes but I thought they wasted a chance to make two of the supporting characters rangers (The stuck-up reporter girl who always dressed in pink, and her cameraboy who always wore green.) They should've had them snooping around someplace, discover whatever relic made the rangers rangers, and become the pink and green ranger. That would've been awesome. But I stopped watching that after 4 episodes.

I was the first few seasons, those were legendary in my eyes with the green ranger and what not, even the movie was great. great movie even today.

I still have all 5 original Power Rangers (in those triangle boxes) unopened...those really nice superposeable ones (these came out like 10 years before Toybiz started doing it).

I also have a Dragonzord unopened

I had a lot of the toys and zords opened though and wish i had kept better care of them

Im sick of PR,too. What I thought of them THEN; I still think of them NOW;- A BLATENT RIP-OFF of the original VOLTRON FORCE.

Actually, Voltron was a rip from the Sentai formula from the 70s, the formula which created Power Rangers.

So Voltron is really a rip from Power Rangers.

Im sick of PR,too. What I thought of them THEN; I still think of them NOW;- A BLATENT RIP-OFF of the original VOLTRON FORCE.

Actually, Voltron was a rip from the Sentai formula from the 70s, the formula which created Power Rangers.

So Voltron is really a rip from Power Rangers.

I didn't notice your post until I posted mine.

Voltron can't rip off something that came out 10 or more years after it was already out, reguardless of what PR was based on.

Even if you base 2 ideas off of 1 idea which ever came out first is the original they other is a mere copy.

• 4 weeks later...

here's some history for ya... the origins of super sentai.

notice how voltron lies around the middle of the timeline. and just for a record, voltron copied off of gatchaman and combattler v. plus, power rangers (and it's original japanese roots and counterparts) are live action, you can't compare that to a cartoon. even if you use a concept like combining vehicles that was already done in cartoons, you really can't compare 'cause to do that in live action is totally different.

plus, power rangers isn't just about fighting giant monsters in their robots. that's just a small aspect of it, unlike giant robot anime where it revolves mostly around the use of the robots. power rangers do like 85% of their fighting outside of their robots or vehicles.

• 6 years later...

Who hello, didn't notice this was here. I was more into Beetleborgs when I was a kid, but I did keep my eye on PR. I've gotten back into it lately thanks to RPM, which was an amazing season. This has actually led me to watching the Super Sentais as well. Currently watching Gokaiger (where the heroes are pirates) now. Man, did I pick a good time to get into SS, that show is awesome. Might go back and watch some others too. Shinkenger looks pretty neat, and I should probably get familiar with Goseiger as well.

EDIT: as for the toys, I'm looking to get all of the Mega Mode figures from Samurai (the girls are a BEAR to find), and then I'll probably import the Gokaigers done by SH Figuarts.

I just got most of the 4" Samurai wave in the mail yesterday, everyone but the normal Gold Ranger. Very cool little figures. Dekker is fantastic!

But I think the coolest figure of the set is Rita!! She is far from a great figure....but it is Rita freakin Repulsa! :D

So anyway now I'm going to have to get 4" Zedd, Goldar etc & some Putties, along with the 2010 Classic style 4" figures they did of the Rangers. Though they seem to be nearly impossible to find. I saw a Red Ranger & some Pink Rangers on eBayUS...that was about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3, two are on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and the other is on the original Playstation.The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs game that was clearly taken straight from Japan and given english text and our morph sequence. Yet it was still cool since you could play as the original 6 (yes green) and a selection of monsters. Namely Minotaur, Madem Woe, Goldar and Cyclopsis as well as the Dragonzord and Megazord. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie Game, not amazing but it ws fun to play in two player with my Dad when I was younger and my cousin when he was young.The third was the Lightspeed Rescue game, I liked that game because it was two player had some different specs for the rangers and still found a way to incorporate zord battles along with unlocking the Titanium Ranger as a secret character. Which was amusing at the time since Lightspeed Rescue had only just started in the UK and I knew about Ryan as a result beforehand. XD