Power Rangers

So I looked around a bit, but couldn't find a Power Rangers thread. I was just wondering, are there any Power Rangers fans in this place?

I'm not the biggest fan ever, but I did like Dino Thunder very much. The show that is. As up until now, SPD is decent IMO.

As for the toys, well, they're not bad. I bought the White Ranger form Dino Thunder and the Shadow Ranger from SPD and I like how they look. But what's the deal with articulated hips and non articulated shoulders? It makes giving these guys a dynamic pose impossible. That's what I don't like of the toys.

Thoughts, comments?

The Power Rangers.NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!Make it stop.This show killed one of my favorate saturday morning cartoons.The ABC version of Sonic the Hedgehog.I loved that series and the power ranger crushed it and now it will never end. @smilepunch@

I thought it was cute the first couple of years, but now i'm just REAL sick of it. I mean, every season is the same thing with the same episodes. Power Rangers fight monster, monster gets big, Power Rangers send in giant robgot, giant robot blows up monster and it's been doing this since 1992 or so. And now I see it on Toondisney. I mean, WTF? I want you run cartoons from the past like you're suppose to and instead you give me a show that's no even a cartoon? Needless to say, I think Power Rangers has worn out it's welcome. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get that out.

Used to like it when it first came out in 92. I was 7 at the time and it was sweet as hell. Now it's not good anymore it's just for kids. They used to continue the storylines from show to show, but that ended with the Space Series. But by then i wasn't even watching it anymore.

I used to love that show when I was really young when it first came out in 92 I was...0 at the time so I didnt have much to say by 95 I was hooked on the original series I have all the action figures and I compare them to the Marvel Legends out today and it makes me laugh. I was too young to remember stuff about it,so I dunno much about this...

-Nuff Said

Heheh I seem to be the only one still liking the series huh. But To anyone willing to give Power Rangers a chance, I highly suggest watching the Dino Thunder series. It has a lot of cool stuff, like an ongoing storylineand CG special effect and robots. Just thought I'd mention it :)

I was 13 when power rangers came out, never did "understand" why the kiddos like it, seems like an Anime-lite Captain Planet-type nonsense to me, my kid, now 5, LOVES the show, so I LOVE buying him power rangers.

My brother lives in the Yellow Ranger's house...well, the original one. I went to middle school with her back in 88/89,

& she was a @#$#@.. Thought she was all that cause she was

taking acting classes...

I liked the power rangers at first...but now. #yuk@#

My brother lives in the Yellow Ranger's house...well, the original one. I went to middle school with her back in 88/89,

& she was a @#$#@.. Thought she was all that cause she was

taking acting classes...

I liked the power rangers at first...but now. #yuk@#

Whoa your brother lives with trini? Married or just "together"? Tell us more... lol

Now if I lived with kimberly the pink ranger... *sigh*

I hated the show before it even started becuase my friend came over with all the figures and we used to be like TMNT buddies before. Eventually I got into it (I think my Mom backed up my friend by saying they were good, though she denies it) and liked it up until the movie came out. That was terrible, even back then I thought it was way too crazy.

Sure the show sucked, everyone knew that (even little kids) but the first episodes (and even the ones when the green ranger came) had a sort of goofy charm that just overstayed its welcome when it switched over to like zeo and all that junk.

I still have all the 5" monster figures and some power rangers figuers left (I sold a lot at a garage sale). Can't say I'm a fan of the show anymore though. It's one of those things that even though there was a point in time where I liked it a lot I just outgrew it to a point where I would never go back to it.

The black dude who played the black ranger doesn't have a middle finger on one of his hands according to imdb.com lol

Looks like pretty in pink ranger is moving on up to be a star unlike everyone else who ever worked on the show lol

The original Yellow Ranger (Trini) died in a car accident in 2001....

I meant Aisha, not Trini... my brother bought the house from her parents.

@hmmm@

I used to like Power Rangers

I like the way how they continue the stories from one and other.

I still remember there were times that I wanna be a powerranger.... but that should be a long time ago.

The Dinothunder series looks pretty good. I like the White Ranger design. It looks really evil

I watched Power Rangers from the original (American) incarnation up until PR In Space. Then I stopped but got started again with Wild Force and I've been watching it ever since. Ninja Storm and SPD have been the most entertaining since the first four incarnations.

I don't care what anyone says. It might not be Star Wars but it's still decent entertainment.

Then again, if you want to get techinical, it was another asian? girl, who was the original Yellow Ranger for the american series. She was only in the pilot episode(it was basically a first take of the first episode, which seem rushed and confusing compare to the actual first episode.)

I currently seen the first ep of the japanese version of Magi Rangers(which will be aired in America after SPB is over) and it is amusing if you ignore all the corny stuff occuring in the ep. Also, I think the american version of the show will have the kids being adopted or something since the japanese version, all the power rangers are siblings.

• 1 month later...

i happen to be a huge power rangers fan. and i'm 28 so i'm way beyond pr's target audience, even when it originally started i was already too old. actually, i wasn't really a fan of the original power rangers. i didn't hate it like most people my age at the time would, but i just didn't watch it. and the only toys i got of the original mmpr was the mcdonald's toys from the movie.

i got into it when power rangers in space came out. i still only saw a few episodes at that time, and got a few of the figures. i lost track and didn't keep up with power rangers after that until ninja storm. i caught wind of it just a while before it released 'cause for some reason i was bored one night and looked for power rangers sites. saw some info for the upcoming ninja storm and was interested, just for the fact that i love ninjas and i like power rangers. at the time i only watched it when i happened to catch, wasn't following it completely. but, i got some of the toys again.

lost track again through dino thunder and spd, but caught a few episodes here and there. but, then while i was in the philippines a few months ago i got the first 13 episodes of ninja storm on original vcd, and bootleg copies of a ninja storm and dino thunder dvd's. since then i've been hooked again, and have now been watching all the episodes of dino thunder, spd, and in space on abc family.

plus, i've been collecting the power rangers megabloks. i've got most of the ninja storm sets, except the megazord and hq. i have the dino thunder megazord and japanese versions of dino thunder sets. still need to get the rest of the domestic versions. i like having them in megabloks form 'cause i can mix them with other megabloks licensed stuff like ninja turtles, marvel, and masked rider (japanese versions).

so, long story short, even though i gave the long story... yeah, i love power rangers. ^_^ it's fun and entertaining, and the action is really cool too.

p.s. the girls in power rangers always damn cute!

My daughter is all about the Power Rangers these days and shes only 2. I don't know how she got into them but she watches them non stop and she gets a Power Ranger everytime we go to the store.

We recently took a family trip to Disney World and she almost fainted out of excitement when the Power Rangers made an appearance at MGM Studios. Crazy I tell ya.