Favorite Dead/ended/cancelled Toyline?

Mr Nobody

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C3. Even though AA and Playalong won't make it official, it's done. Although there might be one more thing after the miniflyers from what I've heard.

There were so many prototypes shown with SO much potential. Poor marketing on AA and Playalong's part is what did this one in. Well, that and a Batcave that wouldn't stay together.....

1986 Spiral Zone by Tonka.

Wow! I didn't think anyone else remembered that one. I actually still have a near complete collection in my attic somewere. I never gor one bad guy, but I had all the other characters. They are probably in bad shape though. They were really cool. They were like 8" figures with cloth uniforms and interchangable weapons packs. There was a cool cartoon if I remember too. Each figure came with a really cheesy advernture story cassette tape and my friend and I would listen to them all the time and cracking up at how bad they were. Still some fun toys.

I also remember Air Raiders, electricbugaloo. That's pretty obscure. They were awesome looking vehicles though the figures were small and crappy. The air power was a neat gimick and the things looked amazing. I remember being introduced to them by my Dad's friend who worked at Hasbro. I thought they were neat, though they didn't last very long.

Mattel MOTU Line

Mattel Classic Batman Line (which will probably die out soon being an international release)

Toybiz X-Men Classics Line

Toybiz Hulk Classics Line

Infinite Concepts Mortal Kombat Line

Playmates Ronin Warriors Line (quite surprised that someone mentioned this one, my favorite of them all)

Magic: The Gathering Line (never released)

MOTU (the latest) and The Simpsons as for vintage figures I'd love to see some re-issued figures/toylines.

They did relaunch Mask (sort of) in the 90's (around 1997-1998).

It was called Vektor (I think) The figures were in the same scale, by Hasbro and had changing vehices.

The vehicle designs were as neat or detailed as the 80's so it died a quick death.

It was the 12" 40th Anniversary G.I.Joe. But on the first day of the G.I.Joe Convention it was announced it's coming back as a G.I.Joe CC Exclusive!!! Yaa hoooo!

I have elected myself as its unofficial welcome back greeter and PR person! #US1#

They did relaunch Mask (sort of) in the 90's (around 1997-1998).

It was called Vektor (I think) The figures were in the same scale, by Hasbro and had changing vehices. 

The vehicle designs were as neat or detailed as the 80's so it died a quick death.

Thanks for reminding me, the actual name was VOR-TECH, and Hasbro released it through their Kenner brand here's a link to the vehicles with pics:

http://www.albertpenello.com/mask/

Just click on the VOR-TECH link section.