Favorite Dead/ended/cancelled Toyline?

Mr Nobody

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well even though they are still being made, just for the reason they are not available in America other than importing them for a small fortune, I'd have to say Robotech. Harmony Gold does put out some non-transforming figures but I have no interest in those. I'd love to see an American full scale toyline again someday.

Exo-Squad is pretty cool too. I have several of them but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell those off soon.

Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad had some cool figure sets I picked up in the mid 90's...they were neat.

Thing that bugged me about the Matchbox Robotech line was the Veritech fighter theycame out with that held a figure did not transform.In 1995 they rereased the Veritech fighter for Exo-squad.That didn't trasform either.

Hmm dragonriders name reminded me of Dino Riders. Almost like MASK in the sense that they took something and put weapons on it which little people would ride around on.

Which reminds me of dinosaucers. A cartoon that had figures in the making that just never got the greenlight.

Which also reminds me of Dragonflyz, new motu-ish kind of cartoon feel with some decent toys that just died.

Which also reminds me of... j/k

Here's a site with pretty much dead toy lines.

www.toyarchive.com

What? Nobody mentionned Xevoz? Outrageous! ;) Seriously, Xevoz is by far my favorite cancelled line. It's such an awesome toy line.

I would've mentioned xevoz, but I didn't know that it's cancellation was official. That was a great line; too bad hasbro didn't get it into more stores like wm, and I couldn't find any new stuff in the stores that carried it. A toon couldn't have hurt either.

What? Nobody mentionned Xevoz? Outrageous! ;) Seriously, Xevoz is by far my favorite cancelled line. It's such an awesome toy line.

I would've mentioned xevoz, but I didn't know that it's cancellation was official. That was a great line; too bad hasbro didn't get it into more stores like wm, and I couldn't find any new stuff in the stores that carried it. A toon couldn't have hurt either.

Actually, some Wal Mart store did carry Xevoz. But not all of them. Very odd if you ask me. I agree that the poor distribution was the line's death. that and the serious lack of advertisement.

I miss modern MOTU as well.....but I can't believe only one other person mentioned Super Powers, that was a great line of figures. I also enjoyed the Total Justice/JLA line from the '90's.

John

Hulk Classics and SW Action Fleet Line. I want a Maestro, Leader and more artist specific Hulks. The SW Action Fleet line was a killer line: perfect scale (not too big, not too small) had lil pilot figs (even had a pilot fig with removable helmet that revealed what was suppose to be a likeness of George Lucas). Plus the each came with vehicle stands. Too bad they nixed the line, I'd love to see the different versions of the jedi starfighters in the same scale.

...and I'd like another shot of getting an E-Wing fighter and Tie Interceptor without having to resort to some crazy prices on ebay.

there are two that I'd like to have back.

first are these Transformers super deformed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/FUG...IE/TFroboq2.bmp

That is the second line of a series of super deformed PVCs that were exclusive to japanese 7-11s. There's a pic of a series 1 Starscream at remy's site under the Robot Masters Starscream gallery (http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=view&album=Col...ze=1000&start=0). I believe Op Prime (which is in GaZ's signature), Jazz, Bumblebee, as well as some others were also in series 1. I'd kill to have them but they seem extremely hard to find.

Fergot about Bandai's re-release of the Macross valkyries: Still need the Strike, Elintseeker and SuperOstrich valks and GBP-1 armored valk. I was just a kid with no money when they were originally release back in the 80's.

Master of the Universe (2002-2004)

This was an amazing line with huge potential that got screwed but by bad marketing, lousy case ratios and too many repaints. Not only an great toyline, but it had a hugely popular cartoon show and comic book that both got the shaft too.

The hardcore fans of this line (like your's truly) are still trying frantically to track down the last remaining figures that were never released in North America.

What? Nobody mentionned Xevoz? Outrageous! ;) Seriously, Xevoz is by far my favorite cancelled line. It's such an awesome toy line. Other than that, I'll go with Exosquad. That wa sone of my favorite cartoon back then and the toys were so sool too. Playmates sould Definitly make an updated version of that show. Or just re-issue the old toys. I know I'd buy them :D

xevoz was a great toy line. i've got them all, well except the singapore "exclusives". i really want that franken punker. it would be cool if hasbro would make them a part of their online toyshop.

zito

gundam in the united states. (that and xevoz to a desperate toy fix extent.)

I wish we would have seen more MG Gundam model kits here. TRU did get a few of them in but that was it. I would also love to get my hands on some PG model kits but they are just too damn expensive!

Another line of figures that I got a couple of that I would have liked to have seen more of was Ronin Warriors. They weren't too bad. I've seen some on clearance at KB, but I don't know if those were fairly recent or just really, really old stock that's been bouncing around their store for years.

And MASK was a pretty neat toyline. I still have the motorcycle that becomes a helicopter, but that was the only one I ever had.