Favorite Dead/ended/cancelled Toyline?

Mr Nobody

Anybody like a particular toyline that is no longer made but you still think is cool? I don’t necessarily mean a vintage line, but you can include those, too.

One I kinda like is the ID4 stuff. I still have an alien (the purple/’sparkly’ one) and the alien fighter, which is pretty kick-ass, IMO. Probably the better stuff to come from Trendmasters (most of their stuff tended to suck pretty hard)

Also like the big 'Lost In Space' movie version robot, too. :)

Anyone else have a semi-favorite 'dead' line of toys

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well normally I would say Resident Evil, but with NECA's recent announcement it appears I'll no longer need to choose that line.

So the next one in line woulddefinitely be Masters of the Universe. Despite the fact the line was handeled poorly, the figures were absoloutely amazing.

Hulk Classics. I've loved every single one I've gotten from that line, and the one that's made it into ML so far(grey/green FA hulk) is excellent as well. I hope the rumors of the Maestro figure making it into ML are true.

Cops N Crooks, a great toy line cancelled due to who knows why. It was basically a 6" GI Joe figure, with more detail and some really cool characters like Bullet Proof and Sundown.

I ended up paying high eBay prices for a complete set, but it was worth it.

Modern Masters of the Universe.

Mattel had a strong thing going (robots and swords in the same universe) with amazing and durable figures.

Unfortunately, they chose to paint them poorly, have too many chases, and cater only to children. Why have the chases if you only want to sell to kids?

Then they were too slow to refocus the line to the people who were buying it. Oh yeah, and they had way too many He-Man variants.

Modern MOTU. 2 years ago it was my fav line out there. The detail was amazing and the characters got updates that looked original but slightly tweaked. Which is something I have always wanted from modern GI JOE's. Damn Mattel and their He-Man orgy in every case. :(

Draven

Exosquad--great vehicle/figure line--and one that I wouldn't mind collecting again--and getting all of them this time around.

StarCom was another line I though was really fun and I'd like to go at that one again too.

Dude arrow you're like reading my mind. Just yesterday I was told to put out a loose toy collection we had bought for the store, and in it was an exosquad e-frame (or w/e it's called). I remembered how awesome these were back in the mid 90's, and just last night I was looking them up on eBay. I feel like an idiot now because I passed on getting like 10 of them mib some huge some regular sized for less than $50 at a convention not even 3 months ago.

This also reminded me of MASK, that was a pretty fun toyline as well.

What? Nobody mentionned Xevoz? Outrageous! ;) Seriously, Xevoz is by far my favorite cancelled line. It's such an awesome toy line. Other than that, I'll go with Exosquad. That wa sone of my favorite cartoon back then and the toys were so sool too. Playmates sould Definitly make an updated version of that show. Or just re-issue the old toys. I know I'd buy them :D

Cops N Crooks, a great toy line cancelled due to who knows why. It was basically a 6" GI Joe figure, with more detail and some really cool characters like Bullet Proof and Sundown.

I ended up paying high eBay prices for a complete set, but it was worth it.

I agree with that. I'd buy all the Cops N' Crooks figs if they re-released them. I also miss the new MOTU. There were still some cool figs left to do. I guess 3 3/4 GI Joe is now on my most missed list too.

Ok,

My favorate canned toyline was MASK(Moblie Amored Strike Kommand).This was an interesting toyline.Everyday vehicles:cars,trucks and so on transform into battle machines.You had MASK and Venom(I forgot what it stood for).A great toy line from,Kenner.

The COPS action figures were pretty cool too. Very, very articulated for their time. They had to be about 6inches tall too.

Ok,

My favorate canned toyline was MASK(Moblie Amored Strike Kommand).This was an interesting toyline.Everyday vehicles:cars,trucks and so on transform into battle machines.You had MASK and Venom(I forgot what it stood for).A great toy line from,Kenner.

yep I vote for M.A.S.K also , I had a few as a kid (my fave being Mayhem's jet/chopper) , always wanted that huge semi trailer thing and the gas station!

Well even though they are still being made, just for the reason they are not available in America other than importing them for a small fortune, I'd have to say Robotech. Harmony Gold does put out some non-transforming figures but I have no interest in those. I'd love to see an American full scale toyline again someday.

Exo-Squad is pretty cool too. I have several of them but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell those off soon.

Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad had some cool figure sets I picked up in the mid 90's...they were neat.

2002 MOTU.

RIP :(