Toys R Us's Suffering Starting To Show.........

KENNY GUIDO

Ive got some friends at TRU and they constantly tell me how uncertain they are of thier future with thier jobs.

well, today was the day.

One of my friends told me that the new TRU heads cut all full time staffers positions to part time status with no chance of working over 29 hours. Those that refused the offer were opted to take thier severance packages and leave.

way to go, Geoffrey! @rolleye@

really over hear they just hired two of my friends at one TRU

one part time cuz she goes to school and one full

Yikes... is it because of the 'transition' you think?

well, they suck because they overstock, they have high prices, they focus more on smaller children, and they never get new shipments, and their exchange policy sux. i mean, im thee like every week since i was like 3 years old. dam it, i had a b day party once, wanted to return a video game, and they wouldnt let me with out a reciept. i just wanted to exchange it for a differant game of the same price. @loll@

To be honest, I love Toys R Us. Their service is great and their selection is amazing. I'm still a kid, so I love what they have. If you go to Walmart, you don't get half of what Toys R Us has. Walmart always carries the popular sets so you can never get the old Star Wars sets anymore. Also, Toys R Us has everything. Sure, they might not have the latest stuff earliest, but you always feel good knowing that they'll be there on the official release date. My last purchase was Jedi-Kick Obi-Wan and I'm pretty darn happy about it. Unlike Walmart, the stuff is always clean and crisp. Sure, I'm an "opener", but I like the package to be nice and sharp, because that's what I pay for. A least that's what my parents taught me. :D

Yeah I like TRU too. Though I agree they don't restock enough. Also their buyers don't seem terribly bright. Those ROBOTS movie toys seem made for clearance, and at the one here at least they pushed them as hard as anything except Star Wars.

I love TRU as well. I worked there for a bit while I was in high school and there selection is much greater than walmart and target. I can remember some great times as a kid going there to buy star wars, gi joes and video games of all types. I dont wish it any bad luck. I hope they can get out of its slum.

as for thier return policies, they had to enforce them.

Well the p/t thing may be just releated to that particular store and that stores needs. However I agree, TRU continues to be the last place that usually gets things in stock. Its not Wal-Mart or Targets prices that keep me buying from those places, it's that I can almost always find the things I want there weeks before TRU gets em. To me thats always been TRU biggiest problem. I have to drive 30 min away to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. I have a TRU 5 min down the street, yet I know that if I want any chance of finding what I want, im gonna have to drive the 30 min to Wal-Mart cause TRU dont even have those items in stock. For instance, yesterday was the first time I had even seen TRU stocking the batch of SW figs that includes the Clone Commander and such, but they have been at both Wal-Mart and Targets for several weeks now.

well you see, every tru is differant. i mean the one in times squae kicks ass. there are lots of people there and they sell out fast and restock rast.(ive been there 3 times sinci im from illinois.) in my area, there are a TON of kids, and even MORE soccer moms that wont let their kids buy star wars because of violence. you see, i loved tru since i was a kid, but theyre really getting annoying now. i mean, i still have votc stuff like boba fett, storm trooper, ect.

well you see, every tru is differant. i mean the one in times squae kicks ass. there are lots of people there and they sell out fast and restock rast.(ive been there 3 times sinci im from illinois.) in my area, there are a TON of kids, and even MORE soccer moms that wont let their kids buy star wars because of violence. you see, i loved tru since i was a kid, but theyre really getting annoying now. i mean, i still have votc stuff like boba fett, storm trooper, ect.

since they have moved into the times square area, traffic has picked up in that store. unfortunetly, that didnt hold true for the store downtown, which was closed recently.

I was very excited to be a part of the planning of the times square layout. when ever you use the bathroom in there, think of me!

in fact, think of me whenever you use a bathroom in any walmart or target. I designed them all! :)

The only thing about TRU is that when every other store marks down on certain items (like millenium falcon), TRU keeps the same price....sucks....

TRU going away = bad

It's the last real toy store except for the few kbtoys around. I don't want to need to buy toys only from variety stores.

The only thing about TRU is that when every other store marks down on certain items (like millenium falcon), TRU keeps the same price....sucks....

It's because large toys are seasonal for most variety stores, TRU doesn't treat large items as seasonal for the most part, their toy inventory keeps large items year around.

TRU goig away = bad

It's the last real toy store except for the few kbtoys around. I don't want to need to buy toys onlt from variety stores.

I dont even consider KB a real toy store. they just as guilty as any other store when it comes to throat cutting. remember what happened to KB's brother stores?