Do You Think It's Too Soon For Borg Based Movie?

Do you think it's too soon for Borg Based Movie?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's too soon for Borg Based Movie?

• Yes
    • No

I was thinking of possible new Borg scenarios that could possibly work for a new movie. Tell me what you think?

First some back ground story: During the passing years the Borg have assimilated a species possibly plant based humanoid that use pollination as a way to procreate. The Borg go for direct attack on earth again even though that has failed before. The cube is easily defeated and nano-probe based spores are dispersed in the earths atmosphere assimilating mass regions of North America or a random country/region. This would make earth the battle field and more of a war then a simple battle. This story could use any of the crew from any of the modern treks.

That sounds like a neat idea but not for a motion picture... I think it could work for a novel though...

And to answer the poll... Yes i think it is too soon for a Borg based movie... I think it is too soon for any Star Trek Movie. Give ST a rest or at the very least clean out the creative staff and hire new people to make new star trek.

did they ever explain the origin of the borg because i dont remember ....but if they didn't i would like it if the borg were a result of what happened at the end of star trek the motion picture ...

Is it too early for ANOTHER Borg story??

Yes, yes, YES..........a thousand times yes.

Sorry, but your idea sounds kind of like the Day of the Triffids meets the Borg.

The Borg already operate/assimilate in the way you suggest because they don't just assimilate intelligent species--they also assimiltae technolgies. In FIRST CONTACT there's a brief shot of a transformed/assimilated Earth from orbit and its pretty clear the landscape itself has been altered.

IMO, Trek is dead. Its tired, old and worn out. Its got nothing left to offer right now and a hiatus is due. Its needs period of time for people to become unfamilliar with it and the premise so that it can return to a new audience.

wow could you be more negative... take some xanax and it will be ok.... I promise.

Excuse me?

I was just voicing my opinion--which happens that I don't like your IDEA.

I'm not knocking you, just your idea--please tell me if the two are either one and the same or two completely different things?

For your sake, I hope its the latter.

Seriously, you posted an idea, and I ( and another person) disagree--do you think its realistic that EVERYONE is going to agree with you.

Get real.

I could be a LOT more negative and a whole lot more nasty, but there's no point, right?--you've over-reacted here , mate, not me.

I don't really care if you like my idea, it was just a thought, and I didn't think you were knockin me. However I did think you were a bit harsh on Trek. Don't get all worked up about it, if necessary take a deep breath and count to 10, I hear that helps.

I don't really care if you like my idea, it was just a thought, and I didn't think you were knockin me. However I did think you were a bit harsh on Trek. Don't get all worked up about it, if necessary take a deep breath and count to 10, I hear that helps.

You can do without the personal comments on my "exuberance" or the strength of my voice.

Make your own point, if you will--I made mine without a personal slight towards you.

I'm not voicing anything that any other long time fan of the show hasn't voiced as well.

Heck, I've been watching the various Trek shows steadily since from about 1973--seen it rise and fall and rise again. Its fallen now and really......its tired. Think that's too harsh?

It's definetely too soon for a Borg movie.

It would be endlessly and unfairly compared to First Contact, and it would suffer for it.

Maybe it would work for a graphic novel or something. I think a monthly comic book series would be an excellent way to give Trek fans something new without a show or movie on the horizon.

But that's just me.

do you feel better now that you've gotten that out? Anyway it so doesn't matter about anything.

Still don't like having your idea shot down, eh?

You'll recover.

wow for a trekkie you're pretty dense, I don't care if you like my idea, That's sooooo not the point. Well anyway I'm just writing once more to say I got the last word....

....word to your mother....peace out...

It's definetely too soon for a Borg movie.

It would be endlessly and unfairly compared to First Contact, and it would suffer for it.

Maybe it would work for a graphic novel or something. I think a monthly comic book series would be an excellent way to give Trek fans something new without a show or movie on the horizon.

But that's just me.

I'll write it for a a dollar an issue script lol!

i don't know i'm torn , sounds like a neat idea, and i love the borg but i would rather see a Q movie or something before i saw more tng villians revisited..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Q = too annoying for a movie quite simply but I think they could pull it off if done right... Heck just base if off that one book where q gives trois mom the power of a q & trys to wed her hahah! What a riot that would be :D :D :D

The borg... Were done decently enough in the last but need to go away ... Quite frankly voyager F***ed the borg right up & made them freakn sissys! I use to shiver at the borg even as an adult when they would be on untill voyager wrecked em...

Unless they made the borg scary again then no quite franly :P

& the only reason why the borg worked for the last movie, was they were not the entire point of the story! Sure they were a part of it , but the big/part/most part of it , was the phoenix & getting it to fly for first contact :) & that is what kept the movie going!

I'd like to see a dark epic Trek movie or series of movies. Something that would combine the epic scale of LOTR with the dark seriousness of a large impending threat. A movie that would show the galaxy as a whole being threatened. I'd like to see planets being destroyed/invaded on a galactic scale. The trek movies always seem to focus on individual planetary threats. Threats that have the potential to be large and encompassing but never really make it there. Dark and epic, thats what I'd like to see. Also it would be a chance to have the crews of all the shows together.

I'd like to see a dark epic Trek movie or series of movies. Something that would combine the epic scale of LOTR with the dark seriousness of a large impending threat. A movie that would show the galaxy as a whole being threatened. I'd like to see planets being destroyed/invaded on a galactic scale. The trek movies always seem to focus on individual planetary threats. Threats that have the potential to be large and encompassing but never really make it there. Dark and epic, thats what I'd like to see. Also it would be a chance to have the crews of all the shows together.

Deep Space Nine did this storyline with the Dominion Wars--so its kind of been touched upon, but not necessarily shown.

I always thought that DS9 movies would've been cool, like you say, if they expanded on the Dominion War. I was kind of disappointed with the way the war ended. I'd love it if they went back and maybe filled some things in or even if a second Dominion War started somehow.

Yea ds9 was great :) It is a shame you never get much interaction between the casts at all if not just one or two people , & come on lets admit it , were all sick of trio by now DAMN! Why was she like, the only one out of them all that would come on ?:S

We saw a few others in ds9, & a couple of guys in voyager but not a lot ... barcly was nice but he allways camewith troi attachedto his damn leg ... :S