Will Hasbro Ship Any More Items To Stores At All?

firestongue

Even though Hasbro is switching to all online sales for 3 3/4" figures, do you think they have any in inventory now that is slated to go to Brick and Mortar stores?

I know when Mattel dropped the ball on MOTU, they still had lots and gobs of stock in inventory, so we kept seeing stuff get released to the stores for a while (hell I still see Grayskulls pop up at Dollar Generals)

Is hasbro going to do this? It kills me that there was such a shortage of wave 7, single packs wave 3, and Quick Strikes...not to mention Ice Sabres and wave 6.

What do you guys think?

If they wont send to B and M stores, do you think they will be sold on the \website?

Lately Targets in my area have been restocking with the QS/IS and the comic packs. A couple had the adventure packs, but they never made it to my local one.

Wal-Mart has recieved, afaik, 2 cases of Wave 7 and at one store in KC the Coyote/Venom wave.

I would say that the warehouses are slimming down with Joe product.

What I don't get is the fact that as I saw wave 7 on at least 4 occasions, I only saw wave 6 ONCE, and it was only 1 shipwreck pack.

I'm starting to realize the foolishness of releasing so many waves in such a short time with little to no promotion at all. Things like the Wild Bill/Crusher repaint totally confuse me.

So what happened to the re paint of the Sting Radier?

It was planned (Luke Ellison, in a chat, said he saw a mock up of the Road Rebel retool), but I highly doubt it will see retail release at this point, especially if we haven't already seen a packaged version from asia.

While I think it is possible that the Road Rebel might see release at the online store (with the retooled weapons), I don't expect to see the Sting Raider, which is a straight up repaint.

I really do think it would be a good idea to re-release some stuff like the Snow Wolf, EEL, Wave 7 Viper, and the likes again on single cards. First of all a lot of people missed those figures and 2nd of all it'll help keep the cost of waves down by putting them in with the newer figures.

My walmart hasnt restocked ANYTHING gijoe in months. I had thought about writing to Walmart for the longest but I guess there's no point now.

Has Hasbro mentioned if they will be selling this older stuff online?

Not yet, I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the store did stock some remnants of Valor vs. Venom (there seems to be a LOT of wave 4,5 and 7 in circulation, at least around here).

And TroyXavier, have you seen the Kamakura bike set? Remember that the Sand Viper/Glider and Depth charge/wave crusher sets are each shipping 1 per case, compared to a total of 4 Kamakuras per case

Not yet, I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the store did stock some remnants of Valor vs. Venom (there seems to be a LOT of wave 4,5 and 7 in circulation, at least around here).

And TroyXavier, have you seen the Kamakura bike set? Remember that the Sand Viper/Glider and Depth charge/wave crusher sets are each shipping 1 per case, compared to a total of 4 Kamakuras per case

That would explain a lot!

-Kevin

the closest Walmart by my house still has Waves 2/3/4 for like months, the stuff aint flying off the shelves, and they dont have the newests comic packs for months

this other Walmart 5 miles away had the newest comic packs.

One Target 5 miles away had the newest comic packs. the other2 Targets nearby didnt, but they had Wave7, and one of them had Wave5/5 few months back.

the TRUs just mostly have Wave4 packs.

and the Walmart by my house, i havent seen Comic pack3,4,5,6,7,8 AT ALL. unless theyre saving it for summer or fall/xmas season or waiting til wave2/3/4 is off the shelves. theyre the only place where they didnt have sold wave6/7 yet.

My Wal Mart skipped a wave of Comic Packs: the Okober Guard. I have just now seen the pack with Diana at Target. I need to get it so I can give my CGs some decent weapons.

Guest A-MAN

Crap...I passed up Venom Chamber yesterday because I thought Ven. Max had paint errors, missing silver paint on his armor, turns out they are all like that.

Venom Chamber Ven. Max.

I'd suspect 3 3/4" Joe product will linger for some time, popping up at KB's and Tuesday Mornings.