Official 'i Got My Storm Shadow Mail-in' Thread

flint069

Well,

I got both of em today. Figure is kind of 'meh'. His dome makes it look like he's been using the same 'flax seed oil' that Barry Bonds uses! Pretty plain, BUT for $3 it's good to see the mailaway succeed!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine the other day as well. WIerd thing is the name I used for the SECOND order I did (dogs name :D) , but gave me the amount I ordered the first time. I bet they wont even send the second round, but I hope so.

It is good to get the mail ins. Even with the new site, I hope hasbro can work out a way to do more of them.

got him today. pretty happy with him. the lack of paint is the biggest disappointment, but the two toned sword/knives are nice.

Yeah the two toned sword were a pleasent surprise and so was the picture on the back of the filecard. :)

Draven

ordered two, only gone one today.

horribly disappointed with it...

maybe if we had never seen stormy's face before up until now, fine...

but this just doesn't cut it for me.

and as i had said from the get-go, the figure itself is far too plain.

ah well.

i can understand the appreciation as far as a throwback to the original goes,

but for the mold in particular, there's far too many details to leave unpainted. it just doesn't look right to me, i guess.

i think i'll be using the hood for a sei'tin custom.

Got my 3 yesterday. I like it alot. Why is everyone complaining about it being "plain"? I like it as an old-school nod to the original and still my favorite. The fact that the paint apps are minimal allows for customizing. How can that be a bad thing?