Mace's Light Saber Color?

dakullprt

the only reason its purple is cus S.jackson persuaded lucas to have a purple one. Dont theink its explained any where in the extended universe

They'd better be lucky I wan't in the movies I'd have a Light saber that changed every other second.

lightsabers can be any color, there is no SET color for them... Personaly I'm disapointed we havn't seen more colored light sabers...

actually in the films lucas had a strict guideline blue, yellow, green and red for sith, i cant remember where i saw that but i deffinatly did.

maybe lucas let him have a purple one cus, 1- i kinda looks like a blue one and 2- maybe cus mace is such a cool character

Um..a purple ligthsaber is um...nevermind. The maker of the lightsaber chooses the colour. Read the Jedi Academy Trilogy for a good bit of info regarding lightsaber construction.

Yes I agree, nuts to what GL says :) @loll@

The reason is because Lucas really wanted Jackson but Jackson only would agree if he could use yellow.

I for one hated it at first but now like it. Gives off a sense of power for him being the only one.

The reason is because Lucas really wanted Jackson but Jackson only would agree if he could use yellow.

I for one hated it at first but now like it. Gives off a sense of power for him being the only one.

I for one have a lot more repsect for this guy if its true! Whats his best action figure out there right now?..

PS don't you mean purple?! :S

hahah, I can picture him going, I'll only play if I can have an purple light saber @loll@ I wonder why he wanted an purple one, There an story behind this or something?.. Or he just have an purple fetish?...

MRD, mace army building... be glad you're an chick! "shuders" @loll@ @smilepunch@ @loll@ Won't be too hard either though if you wait, hello clearrranceee!

Actually Jackson pleaded with Lucas to give him a part in Star Wars even if it was just a stormtrooper, and on the case of the lightsaber color he just asked for purple and Lucas said "you might get purple"

as for an in universe explenation, the color of the lightsaber is determined by the color of the crystal inside. In the Jedi: Mace Windu comic, Mase was given a ultra rare purple crystal by a village in distant planet as a gift for saving them. Even his episode I blue lightsaber was explained. In a Jedi tradition a Jedi Master would sometime exchange lightsabers with other Jedi in a show of respect, I think he had traded with Master Koth (if I remember correctly)

SLJ: George, what color is my lightsaber gonna be?

GL: Well, the uh, rules are uh, blue and green are good, and uh, red is bad.

slj: I think I should have a purple lightsaber...

gl: Well now, uh, I don't know about that...

slj: I'm getting a purple lightsaber.

gl: Yes, sir Mr. Jackson.

Seriously, even though he killed my favorite Ep. II character, I like the Idea of Mace having a purple saber... It also justifies Mara Jade's lightsaber color...

SLJ: George, what color is my lightsaber gonna be?

GL: Well, the uh, rules are uh, blue and green are good, and uh, red is bad.

slj: I think I should have a purple lightsaber...

gl: Well now, uh, I don't know about that...

slj: I'm getting a purple lightsaber.

gl: Yes, sir Mr. Jackson.

Seriously, even though he killed my favorite Ep. II character, I like the Idea of Mace having a purple saber... It also justifies Mara Jade's lightsaber color...

Yeah maybe Darth Vader or Darth Sidious gave it to Mara Jade.

Lightsabres can only be certain colors. There were these cyrstals on a distant planet like a really long time before Episode one. An Anceit Jedi foudn the crystals and had a jedi scientist find a way to make them into a wepon that couldbe used by all who have the force. There were blue green purple. Those were the colors. Although one Jedi did find a way to creat a yellow bladed lightsaber so powerful it could slice through other sabers! So the jedi had this yellow bladed saber destroyed along with its blue prints. The red saber emerged as a Sith rule. Created by one of the earlier Darths (can't remember which one) He hid it inside the Sith Holocron (a Holocron to contain secrets jsut like the JEdi Holocron). The secret to the red saber is unknown. Although the blue purple and green sabers are all ade from cyrtals on that distant planet discoverd by th first known Jedi.