Whos The Better Leader

Coil Crusher

Whos The Better Leader  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Whos The Better Leader

• Cobra Commander
    • Serpentor

Well from the comic Serpentor appeared to inspire the troops , do better in the intrige, fight well on the field... but he always lost in the end..

Throughout the Marvel run when under CC's leadership cobra would, despite utter defeats on the field nearly every time CC tried to act as a battlefiled commander, always come back slightly larger, with hooks into new territory (the most obvious example of this is the 1st Battle of Cobra Island), whereas under Serpentor (whether Fred Commander was arround or not) it did better on the field but overall would lose as much as it gained every time.

In the DD Sepentor arc Serpentor succesfully wooed significant numbers of troops away from cobra, (some of the art suggests nearly half of CC's troops, and the art in issue 40 and 41 suggests CC sacrificed more troops when he marooned the ex-coil members on the soon-to-be-nuked Cobra island than he actaully took to his new base) then threw it away by practically inviting all his enemies to attack him symultanously... yeah great strategy there....

Cobra Commander from the Comics; the one from the cartoon was histerical, coward and idiot.

Serpentor could have been a good idea (a clone made with the greatest military geniuses DNAs) but that Cobra-La stuff which came along just made it lame and ludicrous.

So i'd say CC.

Cobra Commanders earned his skills in evil from a life of experience. He's made mistakes, learned from them, and pressed on.

Serpentor just had all his skills and experience handed to him on a silver platter. He was "Born" with them in his head. Just like that. BO-RRING!

Let's not forget that it isnt even remotely feasible on a scientific level to acquire memories and skill from DNA. At all. That isnt how DNA works. So in reality Cobra Commander is much more likely to exist.

Cobra Commander's rationale? That big government was out to crush the little guy. Serpentor? He was born to rule. YAWN.

Without Cobra Commander there would BE no Cobra. Serpentor didnt put any of himself in the founding. He didnt make all the buisness deals or form the Crimson Guard. He didnt raise Cobra Island and make it a nation. He just took Cobra after others did all the REAL work. What did Sepentor add to the mix? Nothing more than pretty words, a bad temper and a silly gold snake costume.

I AGREE C.C. CAME FROM THE LOWEST POSITION AND MADE ALL THE ORGANIZATION FROM SCRATCH ; I REMEMBER A FLASHBACK SCENE FROM THE MARVEL COMIC WHERE HE HELD A REUNION WITH ONLY FOUR OR FIVE GUYS MAKING HIS EARLY PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION, I MEAN ,GOING FROM FIVE GUYS TO AN ARMY, ONLY A TRUE LEADER COULD DO THAT, TOO BAD HE WAS EVIL, SERPENTOR IS JUST ABIG EGOMANIACAL EXPERIMENT WHO HAD ALL HANDED TO HIM , THER'S NO MATCH HERE.

Cobra Commanders earned his skills in evil from a life of experience. He's made mistakes, learned from them, and pressed on.

Serpentor just had all his skills and experience handed to him on a silver platter. He was "Born" with them in his head. Just like that. BO-RRING!

Let's not forget that it isnt even remotely feasible on a scientific level to acquire memories and skill from DNA. At all. That isnt how DNA works. So in reality Cobra Commander is much more likely to exist.

Cobra Commander's rationale? That big government was out to crush the little guy. Serpentor? He was born to rule. YAWN.

Without Cobra Commander there would BE no Cobra. Serpentor didnt put any of himself in the founding. He didnt make all the buisness deals or form the Crimson Guard. He didnt raise Cobra Island and make it a nation. He just took Cobra after others did all the REAL work. What did Sepentor add to the mix? Nothing more than pretty words, a bad temper and a silly gold snake costume.

That's about as good a rationalizing for CC being top dog, as anyone could have possibly attempted to give. ALL great points!

I happen to still like the whole Serpentor thing, as an addition to the mythos, but overall, CC is just the MAN, when it comes to the whole concept of COBRA! :)

I want BOTH, but in a chose ONE questionaire, such as this.....CC gets my vote!

OK, I love Seprentor, and he is the leader in my Joeverse, but I think in comics CC just fits better as the leader. He cannot be replaced. I hate to say it, but my vote is with the Commander. His heart is in Cobra. Cobra is his, and he watches over it as if it were his child (better in fact, if you take into account his relationship with Billy).