First Look At Brandon Routh In Superman Costume!

Cloud

Um, yeah...

It's really, really hard to do supes on screen but this overall looks pretty lame. My main gripe is they've made the 'underwear' look like a completely different piece, literally like he just stepped into his boxer shorts. I like the superman symbol, it looks good, cape looks good, belt looks good.

I feel the boots should have a sole, they look too... flat as they are.

Routh should be alot bigger though. Supes might not be a bodybuilder, but he is an alien with superstrength. His body should reflect this.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my personal fav, but at least Singer was smart not to re-invent the costume because that woulod be more infuriating for me. It's alright, but nothing special

supermandchangecomp.jpg

I love your changes here,that is a PERFECT red to go with him.I agree with the concensus that the red is too dark and the shield SHOULD be bigger.That shade of blue is perfect to me.I wonder why they chose this darker red.

I don't care much for the underwear,the original size to me is fine.I don't mind Routh's size either,he is tall from what I've heard and even Reeve wasn't the biggest guy muscular-wise.I'm sure if they do a sequel,Routh might be even more buff in that.

If I had to change anything,it'd just be the red and the size of the shield.

Other than that,he looks awesome!

I like the photoshopped changes but the guy looks just too young to be Supes. Looks more like Superboy than Superman.

Here's the changes I would make:

Logo bigger, Actor BIGGER, "red undies come higher & belt come higher, colors brightersupermandchangecomp.jpg

OK I don't have a problem with what they did but that change looks awesome. I would prefer.

supermanr.jpg

i can´t see pics of the modifications done, and i made my own. That´s how i´d like the suit to look like.

Maybe it will be bright red in the film, u never know how a some fabrics work with extra light.

that's a great revised pic, seems to make all the difference.

i think the colours and proportions can use a touch up. guess i'll have to get used to it.

looking at a picture of him as clark kent though, he looks just like christopher reeve.

supermanr.jpg

i can´t see pics of the modifications done, and i made my own. That´s how i´d like the suit to look like.

Maybe it will be bright red in the film, u never know how a some fabrics work with extra light.

I agree with you, lighting looks a little dull in the original pic (with him having the blue-ish tint to his skin). Your modifications look much more like what he will look like on film.

I can't say I have any significant problems. I do think the shield should be bigger, and maybe larger undies, but I think they have a solid suit for the film.

If anything (comparing his Kent costume with his Superman costume), I think the guy, at least visually, pulls off the different personas better than Christopher Reeve.

I don't think he looks too young at all. I know of many actors who, even into their upper twenties/early 30s played characters half their age.

I don't understand where the dislike is coming from on some of these issues.

Here's one more change, making the collar a little more open and taking the cape over the shoulders a little more. I also took the texture off the undies. The pic has the original, my first change and the last change. I also slimmed his legs down a little.

supermanchangecomp2.jpg

and here it is larger

supermanchangebigger.jpg

Logo bigger, Actor BIGGER, "red undies come higher & belt come higher, colors brightersupermandchangecomp.jpg

now that looks good. the way thet did the costume doesnt look at all.

well, the fact that he can't act worth a damn doesn't help either. i used to watch one life to live....yes i'm a guy watching soaps. i was laid off..nothing much else to do during the day....but he sucked..he can't act, which is why he got replaced.movie is gonna be horrible..but i'm still going to go see it.

1) That skin tight rubber suit does look like some kind of kinky S&M gay thing.

2) The colors just look dirty, kind of like the 'evil' red-K Supes of Superman 2.

I like the photoshop costume a lot better.

Whaoh! They should do it like that more! :)

Brandon Routh is too small to fill up Superman, but then this is just an initial photo released. Maybe he'll get better. ;)

I hope! :(

THE MOVIE HASNT COME OUT YET GIVE IT A SHOT!

Sorry did i yell...i think the symbol should be bigger but other than that lets see it first....

oh and Dolphin Snagger...Catowan did suck yes....but Batman Begins none of us has seen yet and Superman Returns same gotta see them to judge them!

THE MOVIE HASNT COME OUT YET GIVE IT A SHOT!

Sorry did i yell...i think the symbol should be bigger but other than that lets see it first....

oh and Dolphin Snagger...Catowan did suck yes....but Batman Begins none of us has seen yet and Superman Returns same gotta see them to judge them!

I've seen Batman Begins, it was called Batman and it came out in 1989, the only difference was, the villian didn't look like crap and the acting was a hell of a lot better, oh yeah, and the origin story made sense.

And, I don't need or want to see Superman after this picture to know it is bad, since the revival of Superhero Movies, you have been able to tell how good the movie was going to be, by the costume, X-Men aside because it didn't have costumes, Spider-Man, they had an awsome costume, and the movie was great, Daredevil, they had an okay costume, and the movie was okay, not great or bad, but okay, Catwoman, the costume sucked more ass then the lead actress, and imagine that, the movie was the worst thing since Batman got nipples, now, this movie, the costume is worst then Catwoman's, yes worst then Catwoman's and I have no doubt, between the crappy lead and the shots of the Kryptonian ship, that this movie will make Catwoman look like Spider-man.

everyone has tyhe right to thier opinions...

i personally think this Batman is gonna be great,,,not as great as the `89 film but great!

AS for Supes...im gonna give it a shot

supermanr.jpg

I agree with you, lighting looks a little dull in the original pic (with him having the blue-ish tint to his skin). Your modifications look much more like what he will look like on film.

I can't say I have any significant problems. I do think the shield should be bigger, and maybe larger undies, but I think they have a solid suit for the film.

If anything (comparing his Kent costume with his Superman costume), I think the guy, at least visually, pulls off the different personas better than Christopher Reeve.

I don't think he looks too young at all. I know of many actors who, even into their upper twenties/early 30s played characters half their age.

I don't understand where the dislike is coming from on some of these issues.

i don´t have issues with the collar or the underwear or the cape has to be on the shoulders, etc, just the colors and the symbol.

I just gave him brighter colors, keeping them subtle.The symbol is a medium size, not really big. It´s a mix of Ross´s huge chest symbol and Lee´s small symbol.

Some guys should understand that is an adaptation, a live action flick and comic costumes can´t be done exactly as their comic counterparts. And yes, it´s a solid costume that will work in the film.

Anybody looking at Ms.halle berry in her catwoman outfit

took one look and knew and batman it's the same old

rubber suit but yet I'm a little hopful now superman

it's looks they could have spent a little more on detail

but maybe this not a final cut