New Product Info In Club Newsletter!

toy-nutz

Maybe the Moray could pass for a new Night Force vehicle. It would fit in the concept of captured enemy vehicles established by the original NF line.

The past two Duke re-issues were plagued with QC problems. I havent seen a 3-pack Duke yet that didnt have skin painted on his hair and dont even get me started on the Anti-Venom one. So if this other Duke looks nice enough, like the "cancelled Wal-Mart" one we keep seeing on E-Bay, Im fine with that. And since I only display one Snake-Eyes at a time, I dont harbor this bias against the character. At least you arent getting him in the Arctic pack too, so count your blessings.

Unless they pull a Lifeline and make Hardball a different character entirely, then the obvious choices are the figures that dont show his skin. Isnt that Sub-Zeros body with Snake-Eyes head? Most likely thats SZ then.

Hopefully the Shadowguard will follow the infantry and Greeshirt examples of 4 basic soldiers and two alternate/officers to optimize army building potential. Hopefully nothing individualizing like scars or facial hair. Maybe exposed skin could show ethnicity, but totally covered up would be optimal.

As long as the figures are RAH and look good, thats all that really matters to me. I really dont care if Ace belongs or not. Arctic outfits remind me of gear you see at ski resorts. Odd but I can live with it.

Cause MC will huff and puff and blow the pictures down if you do....

They can blow all right...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very unfortunate news concerning the hydrofoil. looks like forty bucks i'll be saving. really lame and bad decision to give it to the joes...i mean they already have two...night force and tiger force. cobra needs a new one, but it looks like they took the cheap route...especially knowing that beachhead and flint are included...HELLO HASBRO! WE'VE SEEN THESE MOLDS ALREADY...GIVE US SOMETHING NEW FOR A CHANGE!...i almost wished they had decided to not release the thing...this proves that the goobers at hasbro still haven't a clue when it comes to the adult collectors. we like cobra...and i'm spent...end of rant.

zito

Wow pretty cool, I am looking forward to see what else is up their sleeve at the con.

"Trix" are for kids! @smilepunch@

Man...I just wanted a COBRA vehicle to go against my Joes, in their new Chap Mei vessle (when I get one or two!)...

f71e86a7.jpg

..and the Hydrofoil would have been the ticket! Granted I already have the original and the Night Force version, but a new one with some awesome Cobra crew members would have just been too perfect!

<_< hence the lack of getting it from hasbro as such...I guess?

CLAM was right though, the marblized Green is like the pants on the ARAHC figures (like Duke and Big Brawler) and looks funky! :(

Some Cobra Blue paint for the top of it, to cover up the Green, and some COBRA appropriate stickers on it, should touch it up nicely though.....at least THAT'S my plan now.

For all the armies I have, I'm sure I can subsitute the crew out for some Cobra members, but having one provided would still have been nice of Hasbro.

Why is it so hard for Cobra to get a vehicle? Heck, they haven't gotten a boat since the start of JVC (2 submarines and that's it). Why do the Joes need so many?

And Flint and Beach Head again? Why? Heck, and I haven't even seen pictures yet.

I have to agree about the poor choices for the Heavy Assault Squad. I would have used Roadblock, Rock N Roll, Zap, Short Fuze, Bazooka and Grand Slam. Those guys put out a lot of firepower.

i'm really starting to think that hasbro produces duds on the rah vehicle front on purpose. they don't want to do them, and we keep demanding that they do. i bet they're thinking that if they put out enough crappy ones, we'll stop demanding them. this sloppy moray release is just the latest example in a line of many. this just really feels like a screw job. if it weren't for the awesome comic pack we have coming our way, i'd say hasbro was totally clueless as to what collectors want when it comes to joe. and i have a feeling that the outcries would be a bit more harsh if we didn't know about the upcoming hasbrotoyshop...yep, hasbro knew they screwed the pooch on the moray, so they announced the hasbrotoyshop early to calm the masses.

zito

Here's my doctored up version of what I'll eventually do to MY TRU Hydrofoil...

conmorayblue0pt.png

I just used the image of the con exclusive Moray, and photoshopped the colors in, but it's going to look much better for real, after I get rid of that Green marble crap. ^_^

Joe Heavy Assult Squad

Duke, Snake Eyes, Mutt, Ace, and 2 Green Shirts

Cobra Shadow Guard

6 Shadow Guard figures.

Well, I've calmed down a bit over the Hydrofoil (And I'll admit, a proper NF boat sounds neat, but I'll wait and see)

I'm going to give my view on what we are getting with these packs:

What I want with Heavy Assault:

Duke- v3 or version 1 (superior arms), either with comic pack head; green fatigues, pistol, backpack, m-16 and SJ rifle

Snake Eyes- v4 in green/grey fatigues; sword, v3 backpack, v3 machine gun, maybe an m-16

Mutt- v1 or v2 with proper dog and gear (like leash and helmet if applicable), m-16, another rifle, backpack

Ace- version 2/3 with helmet and jetpack (like the TARGAT's) and a couple rifles

Greenshirt A- rocket launcher gear and the m-16 and SJ rifles

Greenshirt B- Heavy machine gun (like the comic pack 8 R&R's) and related gear.

What I EXPECT with Heavy Assault:

Duke-v1, same mold we've bitched about since 1997.

SE- v1 or v3

Mutt- v1 with none of the gear

Ace- V1

Greenshirts- same as the 6 pack

All will feature many of the same accessories we're seeing in Winter Ops, color will be haphazard between them all.

Cobar Shadow Guard Hopes:

Shadow/AStro Vipers, or 88 Storm Shadows

Cobra Shadow Guard Expectations:

6 Fireflies or 6 92 Storm Shadows

Guest A-MAN

I really wanna know how Heavy Duty V1 has not been seen in a 6-pack? They had the mold in 1998-2000.

What I'd hope for given the Joe in Heavy Assualt

Duke- 1994, they have the arms, Double Clutch (3 pack) proves that.

Snake Eyes- Comic pack head with ball joint neck on V3 body. Or recast 1985 head on some body...(probably have to wait for a comic pack)

Mutt- 1992 with junkyard

Ace- 1992/93

Greenshirt A- Different kitbash that previous pack, no downtown head

Greenshirt B- Ditto

Theory's going around, that the reason we don't get more COBRA vehicles, is that "parents don't want to buy their kids, bad guy toys, so therefore the JOE vehicles will sell MORE than Cobra ones"

@hmmm@ ???????

Anybody have any light to shed on this nonsense, as to whether this is something we all can see firsthand as being fact, rather than speculation? I mean, has anyone spoke with a Hasbro rep that made this assertion, like at one of the conventions maybe?

With the way the Cobra troops (figure wise) fly off the shelves, especially the TRU 6-packs, I'm not following the theory on the Cobra vehicles being loathed by conscientious parents. <_<

well, if anything, the camo hydrofoil as-is can be manned by the 'jungle' vipers that came out a couple of years ago. i actually made a lot of 'jungle' custom cobras (w/ spy troops ghillie suits), so i'll probably have them man it. depending on if the hydrofoil is pre-built or not, i dont know if i'll be painting one. (another determining factor is the cost)

I really want the v1 HD mold used again too. We get all these crappy HD figs, when that mold is one of the best later year molds imo.

Draven

The only way I wouldn't object to it is if they included his original gear. Otherwise, what's the point?

Theory's going around, that the reason we don't get more COBRA vehicles, is that "parents don't want to buy their kids, bad guy toys, so therefore the JOE vehicles will sell MORE than Cobra ones"

@hmmm@ ???????

Anybody have any light to shed on this nonsense, as to whether this is something we all can see firsthand as being fact, rather than speculation? I mean, has anyone spoke with a Hasbro rep that made this assertion, like at one of the conventions maybe?

With the way the Cobra troops (figure wise) fly off the shelves, especially the TRU 6-packs, I'm not following the theory on the Cobra vehicles being loathed by conscientious parents. <_<

Yepper VH, I never understood that either. I can be led to understand that theory for *mass market*, but given how this is a collector's item in a specialty shop, I don't see how they can use that cop out.

I dunno though, maybe they really don't give a rat's @$$ about Joe anymore.

Hey did anyone else read the new club Newsletter?? They have pics of the Moray! Sweet!! And they list out all the figures in the new 6 packs. And Snake Eyes is not in the Artic set!! Plus there is another Joe pack and Cobra pack! All in all Joe is going out with a major bang!!

In the Artic pack are

Frostbite, Blizzard, Sub Zero, Rumbler, Stalker, and Hardball

Joe Heavy Assult Squad

Duke, Snake Eyes, Mutt, Ace, and 2 Green Shirts

Cobra Shadow Guard

6 Shadow Guard figures.

Hydrofoil

Flint and Beachead

Michael Richards

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Isn't this information supposed to be kept confidential to club members only?

I think a renegade member of the GI Joe collectors club used his little orphan Annie Decoder ring on the top secret GI Joe Collectors Club super secret documents and slipped out the information. This could be dangerous if it falls into the hands of non-members or "normies" as we call them..... this message will self destruct.

The reasoning is not invalid. Remember, waaay back in the day, Joes routinely had more and often larger vehicles than what Cobra had available.

A big reason the Cobra figures "sell better" is because there are more army builders and collectors in relation to the number of product available.

In the original line, you had figures produced in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Even if you army built, there was far more product than you could ever hope to buy.

Now, we have a smaller line, produced in smaller numbers, with a much larger percentage of those buyers often buying multiple Cobras.

I think a renegade member of the GI Joe collectors club used his little orphan Annie Decoder ring on the top secret GI Joe Collectors Club super secret documents and slipped out the information. This could be dangerous if it falls into the hands of non-members or "normies" as we call them..... this message will self destruct.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Here's my doctored up version of what I'll eventually do to MY TRU Hydrofoil...

conmorayblue0pt.png

I just used the image of the con exclusive Moray, and photoshopped the colors in, but it's going to look much better for real, after I get rid of that Green marble crap. ^_^

That would actually look cool as part of the DEF subset. I wonder why they haven't revisited that one, since they have most of the others (Tiger Force, Python Patrol, Night Force, etc)

As for the Shadow Guard set, I would like to see the BTR Shadow Viper mold used. Just as long as they modify the forearms and lower legs to get rid of the BTR pegs.

I would also like to see the BTR Firefly mold used as well. of all the Firefly figures that have been released, the BTR mold is by fr my favorite.

I also hope they use the head from the BTR Flint on the Flint figure that is coming with the Hydrofoil. It is the best likeness so far.

Now that I think about it, the BTR toys had alot of nice figure molds. Just give us non-BTR versions of the same molds, and we'll be all set.