Con Filecards

dirtyroastbeef

What's supposed to be the price on this set?

Uh, Mayhemovski? #WTF#??? How original!

Guest A-MAN

Larry Hama did joke names, but his usually more clever. Like "Seward S. Farley" for Frostbite, a play on "Seward's Folly", the mid 1800's nickname for Alaska. Or "Sherman Guderian" for Heavy Metal, Sherman for the tank, Guderian for a German panzer general.

Then again, he named Cutter "Skip A. Stone" and Alpine "Albert Pine". @loll@

Destro destroying rival corporations through military assualts isn't honorable, either. Then again, the IG's were formed to start wars to increase arms sales. So....

The filecards are decent reads, but I had it in my head that Gen Mayhem was a Scot. Or Miles Mayhem from MASK.

So the Iron Anvils just jump out of aircraft without parachutes? Why? Seems sort of suicidal to me. Maybe their tactics include landing on the enemy and killing them by squashing them to save on ammo. And if they don't use parachutes, why include Hasbro's newest idea of a parachute - the Jinx BP?

Not crazy about Metalhead implanting things in his eye either.

Im planning on ignoring the filecards. The figures themselves are all I care about. The Dreadnok set last year wasnt particularly impressive either. Dreadheads wanting Beach-Heads hide for embarrassing them at a dance hall? Crusher possibly killing Gnawgahyde? Eugh...

Instead of Miles Mayhem, how about Maximus Mayhem, his twin brother who showed up when MASK started hitting the Racing circuit?

After failing to dispose of his brother and seize VENOM for himself, Max went into hiding as a drifter for many years. Destro found the destitute Max and made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Now Max has the power and resources to outdo his brother, whos serving life without parole at Attica. VENOM now demolished, Max forges ahead with his new life.

The art really is top notch, especially General Mayhem. It reminds me of the original ARAH art....one of the things that attracted me to Joes back in 1982. The art was so life-like, and not so cartoony. Can somebody find out who the artist is for the set?

Jase

=w=

maybe that 3-pack will be oktober guard figs.

Well, a 3-pack with Gung-Ho, a Steel Brigade Commando and some Oktober Guard character (Dragonsky?) has been mentioned around here before. Whether or not its true, or if it will be changed before the Con.

If it is true, there WILL be at least somewhat of an OG conncetion. I imagine Dragonsky's WILL make a point of it. Something along the lines of "Dragonsky has vowed to bring this traitor to his beloved motherland down at any cost". Possibly citing a PERSONAL stake in it as well.

Or not. MCs other cards werent all clever either, so Im not expecting much out of future cards.

And theres always the possibility of OTHER OG related suprises elsewhere, like the Thrasher/Zanzibar 2-pack. Wouldnt be that hard to Frankenstein a Lt Gorky using either Red Star or Big Bears body and a v1 Flint, Falcon or Dial-Tones head (And before you say hes dead, DD deaths dont count.)

maybe that 3-pack will be oktober guard figs.

Well, a 3-pack with Gung-Ho, a Steel Brigade Commando and some Oktober Guard character (Dragonsky?) has been mentioned around here before. Whether or not its true, or if it will be changed before the Con.

If it is true, there WILL be at least somewhat of an OG conncetion. I imagine Dragonsky's WILL make a point of it. Something along the lines of "Dragonsky has vowed to bring this traitor to his beloved motherland down at any cost". Possibly citing a PERSONAL stake in it as well.

Or not. MCs other cards werent all clever either, so Im not expecting much out of future cards.

And theres always the possibility of OTHER OG related suprises elsewhere, like the Thrasher/Zanzibar 2-pack. Wouldnt be that hard to Frankenstein a Lt Gorky using either Red Star or Big Bears body and a v1 Flint, Falcon or Dial-Tones head (And before you say hes dead, DD deaths dont count.)

I thought that was interesting too about Beach Head's filecard. Wouldn't the bad guys knowing who he is make him a security risk to the team?

And Gorky already HAD a figure. @loll@