#1 Reason I Dont Go To Sw Conventions.............

KENNY GUIDO

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and realize that when calling someone a nerd, their nerdom is being discussed in a Star Wars forum for a Toy Site.

I dont recall saying that they were nerds.

I'm not sure if anyone actually used the word "nerds." But it seems that some find them silly for dressing up.

Which is fine, but realize that it's all relative. Some go to greater lengths to show how much of a fan they are then others.

But for someone that isn't a fan at all it's just as silly whether we dress up or wander around stores looking for figures.

Do you have a problem with people dressing up as Santa and the Easter Bunny too? They're fictious. You're in a Star Wars toy forum and bashing other fans. Nice big man, hope it makes you feel better.

Arch

Do you have a problem with people dressing up as Santa and the Easter Bunny too? They're fictious. You're in a Star Wars toy forum and bashing other fans. Nice big man, hope it makes you feel better.

Arch

no, because its part of a "religous holiday" for "children".

I must say that I've gained some new opinions of certain people from this thread.  These people make conventions more fun.  They make the kids ecstatic.  They add so much to an otherwise over-packed, rip-offs on the dealer floor, no really good new product to speak of convention.

You call them nerds, you call me a nerd.  I don't dress up in customs but if I had one I would.  Anyone bashing here should be ashamed of themselves.  Look at me, I have a room in my house dedicated to GI Joe.  I write stories with little toys from the eighties, I go to TRU on my lunch break everyday, I spend so much money on my hobby that I could have bought a yacht by now, I spend hours and hours working on my website away from my wife, each week, so I can bring my hobby to people in the form of my website. To have some of those same people turn around and insult others for dressing up as their favorite character at a convention sickens me.

Im not calling anyone here a nerd. Im just like all of you here. Ive had fun with my toys as a child and Ive collected them all my life. Hell, I even have a tattoo of SNAKE EYES that I got when I joined the NYC GUARDIAN ANGELS. Im not ashamed of it at all.

I, along with many of my star wars friends/fans/collectors just think its very odd to dress up as a star wars charcter and take it too seriously.

Is making fun of people for dressing up a new trait of Guardian Angels?

Do you expand your insults to club kids, Goths and people that dress up in the URBAN persuasion? I'm sure you see plenty of them on the streets of NY.

GUARADIAN ANGELS arent the most friendliest people, despite all the work weve done. They live and work on the streets of NYC. you need balls of steel to do that. we do what the NYPD does for free, with no weapans.

Do I make fun of club and goth people?

Sure, who doesnt? But Its their thing and if they do it in public, they have to take the criticism that comes alont with it.

Wow, you know it's people like you that cause a lot of unnecessary greif in other peoples lives.

Is it a self esteem problem?

Are you mad at yourself for thinking things that make you feel uncomfortable about yourself?

Did you ever wonder if you dress up and you just don't realize it because you hang out with other people that dress the same way and there are probably a lot of other ignorant people in the world that think you look stupid?

It's your right to think what you do but to start a thread like this and keep it going is just ridiculas.

My wife's a Goth, would you make fun of her on the street?

debwoods2.jpg

How about me? I've been in Industrial bands since 16. Are you saying that I deserve to be ridiculed for doing something I like to do?

Here take a look at my website so you can laugh and think about how stupid you think I look.

VIOLENTFIX

Do you have a problem with people dressing up as Santa and the Easter Bunny too?  They're fictious.  You're in a Star Wars toy forum and bashing other fans.  Nice big man, hope it makes you feel better.

Arch

no, because its part of a "religous holiday" for "children".

my star wars figures say "3 and up"

I would love to see KENNY GUIDO to be in the same room as all those 501st and say out loud what he's said here.  They'd probably just ignore him but some might just take of some offense and do something. One thing about the 501st is that a vast majority of the troopers are fit enough to wear it, they aren't a load of your stereotyped fat butted geeks.

you probably couldnt put me in a room with them............I would be laughin to hard to even make it past the doorway!

That would only seal your fate. @firedevil@

its been dead for years, i get like one 5 yr old with a parent, thats it, i guees its just not that popular over here, i never really got into it either

I think the tradition may be dying down a bit over here too.

its been dead for years, i get like one 5 yr old with a parent, thats it, i guees its just not that popular over here, i never really got into it either

I think the tradition may be dying down a bit over here too.

That's because kids can't go Trick-or-Treating anymore on the streets like the use to. All the pervs and weirdos out there. I remember as a kid before that died down, my parents made me check my candy for razor blades and stuff like that. I figure the rising element of danger became just to great.

Now Halloween for kids has been more contained to Malls and schools.