#1 Reason I Dont Go To Sw Conventions.............

KENNY GUIDO

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and loosers

dont ya mean "losers"?

wow... I misspelled a word.. I'm glad you caught that.. now my life is complete... thank you, you know it really is sad that you're coming off with this, "I'm better than this SW fan attitude"... like there's levels of SW fans that are cooler or better than the rest, and you sit on top??? I'm sorry, but after your comments in this thread, if there was one, you'd be on the very bottom.. get over yourself... big deal, you didn't go, I'm glad you didn't, cause while everyone was applauding those two guys who DID dress up as The Rankor Keeper... you would have been back in the corner by yourself snickering at them.

What I find funny is that one guy in front dressed as Captain Typho. I mean, who would want to be him?

Anyway, more power to these guys if thats waht they want to do. They take it a bit more seriously than some of us, but there's nothing wrong with that. They aren't hurting anybody or anything.

and loosers

dont ya mean "losers"?

wow... I misspelled a word.. I'm glad you caught that.. now my life is complete... thank you, you know it really is sad that you're coming off with this, "I'm better than this SW fan attitude"... like there's levels of SW fans that are cooler or better than the rest, and you sit on top??? I'm sorry, but after your comments in this thread, if there was one, you'd be on the very bottom.. get over yourself... big deal, you didn't go, I'm glad you didn't, cause while everyone was applauding those two guys who DID dress up as The Rankor Keeper... you would have been back in the corner by yourself snickering at them.

yes, I would have been laughing at them, as I am now!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

What I find funny is that one guy in front dressed as Captain Typho. I mean, who would want to be him?

Anyway, more power to these guys if thats waht they want to do. They take it a bit more seriously than some of us, but there's nothing wrong with that. They aren't hurting anybody or anything.

That IS Captain Typho.. the Actor that played him ;)

Bah I have no intrest in hearing any negativity towards the 501st. If you had ever put on some armor and walked around in public you would know that the first smile a kid gives you is worth all the suffering you've gone through to wear the armor.

It's fun, it's rewarding, it promotes star wars, and can be used for great charity events. IMO it's one of the best things a SW fan could ever do.

Yea, that guy was a dead ringer. He has every right to dress up like him, but not the overweight commanders in the 2nd and 3rd row. You would think that the EMPIRE overfed thier higher ups!

Kenny you are coming through a bit harsh, so back down. Why the bashing? (other that because you can) I'll tell you one thing, these losers and geeks have one thing that you apearantly don't have, BALLS. I think it's cool that they aren't concerned with what people will call them or think about them but rather do it for fun and community.

I think people who have problems with other people doing things that they would never do usually have a self confidence/self esteem problems, they would never do anything like that for fear of what people who they don't even know will think about them. They are so consumed with what society (who dictates what is cool and what isn't) as a whole will think about them that they don't have the freedom to do things that others do with ease.

I'm not saying that's the case here but where there is smoke ther is fire @firedevil@

What I find funny is that one guy in front dressed as Captain Typho.  I mean, who would want to be him?

Anyway, more power to these guys if thats waht they want to do.  They take it a bit more seriously than some of us, but there's nothing wrong with that.  They aren't hurting anybody or anything.

That IS Captain Typho.. the Actor that played him ;)

o shiet, i thought that was a guy that really looked like the actor, how neat

Kenny you are coming through a bit harsh, so back down. Why the bashing? (other that because you can) I'll tell you one thing, these losers and geeks have one thing that you apearantly don't have, BALLS. I think it's cool that they aren't concerned with what people will call them or think about them but rather do it for fun and community.

I think people who have problems with other people doing things that they would never do usually have a self confidence/self esteem problems, they would never do anything like that for fear of what people who they don't even know will think about them. They are so consumed with what society (who dictates what is cool and what isn't) as a whole will think about them that they don't have the freedom to do things that others do with ease.

I'm not saying that's the case here but where there is smoke ther is fire @firedevil@

No, you have it all wrong.

read all my facts. Ive said why I am bashing them. I can go on by saying that they have belittled our world by doing this. As you can see, I am not the only one who is laughing at this picture.

It has nothing to do with confidence or self esteem. I just wouldnt do it. Plain and simple. They look nice, but at the same time, they look like dorks.

its more like they are "obsessed" more than anything else.

do you remember back in the 80's when girls walked around dressing like MADONNA and how stupid they looked?

just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a bad thing

i talked to a couple guys in trooper outfits and they seemed like pretty cool people, and they were actually VERY normal

(other than the fact that they had Strom Trooper outfits on)

They were very nice, and i really dont see anything wrong with it, its not like they walk around every day like that

just because you dont like it doesnt mean its a bad thing

i talked to a couple guys in trooper outfits and they seemed like pretty cool people, and they were actually VERY normal

(other than the fact that they had Strom Trooper outfits on)

They were very nice, and i really dont see anything wrong with it, its not like they walk around every day like that

I think its bad for "us", as a new type of fan. For decades, there have been "trekkies" and what seperated us from the "trekkies" was that we werent that obsessed into our love of star wars as the trekkies are with star trek.

has anyone seen that special on IFC with the trekkies?

I thought that was pretty disturbing. cool yet disturbing.