Questions About The Marvel Comic

Crimson Twins

I happened across a comic book store that has some great deals. I was just wondering if the first 4 issue Joe vs. Transformers from the Marvel line would be a good deal at $8 for the set?

Also, what is "Tales of G.I. Joe"? I found the first 7 or so issues of that series, and they all have the same cover art as the series. Are these reprints that came out later?

I would say that $8 for the JvsTransformers original 4 issues is a pretty nice deal. $2 a comic isn't bad at all. They aren't spectacular reads, but they aren't too terrible, either.

Tales of GI Joe were glorified reprints of the original series. Just trying to catch new readers up on all that had happened while creating a new line for collectors to have to purchase. :P

Thanks. I also snagged a G.I. Joe Special Missions #1 for the same $2 price tag. Not sure if that's a great deal, but for $2 I figured it couldn't be too bad. I also grabbed the issue where Fred dons the battle armor and is revealed to Baroness. Again for the same $2 price. They have a bunch of other comics left there for $2. I might have to go scoop em up.

If you happen to see any Marvel Joe issues 93-96 110-148 and especially 149-155 for a couple of bucks each, I highly recommend picking them up. These issues go for high prices usually and so finding them at 2 or so bucks would be a steal. The reason is the issues 145-155 had low print runs. And now collectors go hog wild for these issues.

If you happen to see any Marvel Joe issues 93-96 110-148 and especially 149-155 for a couple of bucks each, I highly recommend picking them up. These issues go for high prices usually and so finding them at 2 or so bucks would be a steal. The reason is the issues 145-155 had low print runs. And now collectors go hog wild for these issues.

And if you happen to see GI Joe Special #1, with Snake-Eyes drawn on the cover as an homage to Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man #1, then you should definitely pick that issue up. It's gotta be the rarest issue of the Marvel GI Joe run as it came out shortly after 155.

8 bucks is a great price for that series. Most of your old Marvel Joe comics are usually in the dollar bin boxes in most comic stores.