The Takara Kup Reissue

Starscream49

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if it will be the original or Targetmaster version?

from the picture i posted that day, (assuming it will be the box art) Perceptor was holding two guns. And one gun was different from the other, possibly a transformable gun, so could that be the targetmaster version?

I wouldn't know actually, what's the difference between the targetmaster one and the normal one?

Does anyone know if it will be the original or Targetmaster version?

from the picture i posted that day, (assuming it will be the box art) Perceptor was holding two guns. And one gun was different from the other, possibly a transformable gun, so could that be the targetmaster version?

I wouldn't know actually, what's the difference between the targetmaster one and the normal one?

The different versions have a size difference in their hand holes for their weapons. I think TM HotRods holes are bigger since the handle of the nebulon is bigger than that of the original guns.

Im even considering not even preordering this one and take my chances getting it cheaper from some place that will probably overstock on them sooner or later. Ive done it before. ;)

WORD!! I was thinking the same thing :D

:) :) I'm not too fond of the Movie Targetmasters bots, so I'll pass on all of them except the season 4 targetmasters.

I like the regular Kup version better as oppose to the target Kup just because of my reason above. Secondly, in alt. mode, he has hole which look strange as oppose to the original.

Kup??

Ae they actively avoiding the reissues a lot of people want (Dinobots, the rest of the '84 - '85 Autobot cars, tapes to Soundwave and Blaster, etc.) ?

I feel the same way....The TF's that generally are the most revered are the season 1 and 2 Transformers....Not saying that the season 3 TF's weren't liked, but the truth is - Optimus and the rest of the crew rocked :)

Where's Mirage, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack??? I've been waiting on them for what seems like eons....

one thing i noticed, it seems, according to BBTS, the Kup and Wheelie reissue is due to be released in August. The Perceptor reissue is due June/July. If I recall corectly wernt the previous reissues 3-4 months or more appart??? Maybe since Hasbro has dropped their reissue line, Takaras trying to pick up a little of the slack. Maybe instead of only releasing 4 TF's a year they might release 5 or 6 now??? If that is so than that would be cool.

Does anyone see this as a possibility or is my imagination just running wild???

one thing i noticed, it seems, according to BBTS, the Kup and Wheelie reissue is due to be released in August.  The Perceptor reissue is due June/July.  If I recall corectly wernt the previous reissues 3-4 months or more appart???  Maybe since Hasbro has dropped their reissue line, Takaras trying to pick up a little of the slack.  Maybe instead of only releasing 4 TF's a year they might release 5 or 6 now???  If that is so than that would be cool.

Does anyone see this as a possibility or is my imagination just running wild???

Im with ya on that FU. I just really hope Takara takes their time in releasing these just for the sake of quality. That way things like an anime colored Galvatron and a Ratchet & Ironhide set with actual heads could be more of a possibility. :)

a Ratchet & Ironhide set with actual heads could be more of a possibility. :)

that would be so awesome if they had new sculpted heads that could attach to the bot!!! and the fact that they would be attachable is the best option for both worlds (those who want the new heads and those who dont)

that would be so awesome if they had new sculpted heads that could attach to the bot!!! and the fact that they would be attachable is the best option for both worlds (those who want the new heads and those who dont)

I completely agree. Ironhide and Ratchet DESERVE cartoon accurate heads. That's why if I buy them at a convention, I'll be getting the upgrade set that Reprolabels put out.

I really want a cartoon accurate Galvatron. He just seems oddly colored in gray.

The TM Kup would be preferred, AND in cartoon accurate colors would be even cooler. If its just the TM Kup, then I'll buy that so I can repaint my original Kup to be cartoon accurate.

I completely agree. Ironhide and Ratchet DESERVE cartoon accurate heads. That's why if I buy them at a convention, I'll be getting the upgrade set that Reprolabels put out.

I really want a cartoon accurate Galvatron. He just seems oddly colored in gray.

The TM Kup would be preferred, AND in cartoon accurate colors would be even cooler. If its just the TM Kup, then I'll buy that so I can repaint my original Kup to be cartoon accurate.

They've stooped to reissuing Wheelie. They've lost it. Don't count on them doing anything good like that any time soon.

Who will be next after Galvatron?.... CONE HEADS...

Throttlebots, followed by action masters

you forgot the Jumpsters @loll@

They've stooped to reissuing Wheelie. They've lost it. Don't count on them doing anything good like that any time soon.

Seems ethnocentric to me that Takara lost it for reissuing Wheelie since I heard that Wheelie is a key character in the japanese Headmasters series. Maybe he is a popular character there as opposed to the western part of the globe; He was written better in Japan. I guess that it why he is released. Besides, having him with another reissue doesn't hurt.

yeah, I heard the same thing about wheelie being a hugly popular charicter in Japan. Thats another reason why Tak might not reissue the Dino's. The Dino's arent anywhere near as popular in Japan as they are in the US.........sucks for us.