What Characters Do You Hate?

Bekker

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Raptor dumb bird man knock off!!! I also hate Brawler Zanibar Gnawhyde Ven Max the VvV tunnel Rat taht figure so sucks a great char turned to crap and taht makes me mad

Wow I love Venomous Maximus... I've not been real big on most of the new Joe stuff that has come out the past couple of years, but that figure is one solid mean looking mother trucker. I like him.

As for figures I hate.... thats hard for me to think because I always sell the figures I have that I hate.... but growing up as a kid I remember I could not stand Chuckles. I mean really hated Chuckles.

Phanstar

Big Brawler tried to replace Outback and didn't even get his own unique mold until Spytroops.

And a lot of people say that mold was Outback too, till they discovered they could not get the name afterall. The TF TRU set was where that came about.

Draven

im not much for lifeline anti violence (hippy) or snake eyes he would be cool but hes way to over exposed

as for cobra

i like metal head the fig but the way they made him a idot on the show i mean come on hes destros Lt.

Interesting thing though, in the toyline, DOC was a pacifist and Lifeline came with a gun.

Yep VH they are the bad ones. And that is part of the reason I hate the Big Brawler character and figure.

Screem the Brawler Hate!!!!!! Down with Brawler! @firedevil@

Draven

Reading Brawler's filecard, I got the impression the guy made it up himself. I mean, sure most of the Joes are really good at their individual specialties, but Brawler was really, really, really good at EVERYTHING he did.

Wow I love Venomous Maximus... I've not been real big on most of the new Joe stuff that has come out the past couple of years, but that figure is one solid mean looking mother trucker. I like him.

As for figures I hate.... thats hard for me to think because I always sell the figures I have that I hate.... but growing up as a kid I remember I could not stand Chuckles. I mean really hated Chuckles.

Phanstar

Chuckles WAS a bizarre figure. The character was okay, but the figure, #WTF#?

Most guys were outfits at least somehow related to their job (at the least cold weather guys are bundled up, for example) but why is an UNDERCOVER operative wearing a Hawaiian shirt? Giving him parts of a Viper's body (maybe the torso and arms) would have made more sense.

I thought it was kinda stupid they didn't use him and Mace during Spytroops.

I believe the "joke" regarding his Hawaiian shirt, was in regards to how all undercover agents, in those days, were always portrayed in the movies by guys who looked like tourists with Hawaiian shirts on.

There was a lot of fun concept thrown into those early days of ARAH, most notiably the filecard info.

Honestly? Salvo. Wasn't he the one that wore the 'Might makes right' t-shirt? And yet what was one of the morals they had at the end of one of the old Joe cartoons? Brilliant move there.

Actually his shirt said, "Right of Might". Not that it's really all that different.

I can't really think of any character I hate. I want to say Big Brawler and Sure Fire but I like their original figures too much.

I believe the "joke" regarding his Hawaiian shirt, was in regards to how all undercover agents, in those days, were always portrayed in the movies by guys who looked like tourists with Hawaiian shirts on.

There was a lot of fun concept thrown into those early days of ARAH, most notiably the filecard info.

That is exactly why I liked his fig as a young joe fan and still do as a older yet still young Joe fan. @lol@

Draven

Yeah Chuckles was wearing the Hawian shirt was just an 80s cliche... I mainly hated that figure because of his name.... Some little jerk off named Ryan Irving in the 5th grade used to make fun of me and call me Chuckles...... So I was tramatized by that figure. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some of the characters I don't like

From the Joes are:

Barbeque

Heavy Duty (Roadblock ripoff)

Sgt. Slaughter (I would have liked him if they didn't make so unbeatable and made the other Joes look so weak)

Falcon (not the toy but don't like his cartoon version)

Dr. Link Talbert and some of the new V v V Joe figs

Ninja Force

Captain Gridiron

Toll Booth

From Cobra

Serpentor (I don't hate him but is not one of favorite characters I do hate his cartoon version though)

Dr. Mindbender

Golobulus and Cobra-La

Gnawgahyde

Road Pig

Crystal Ball, Big Boa, and Raptor

Other Characters I don't like are:

Headman

Cesepool

Reading Brawler's filecard, I got the impression the guy made it up himself. I mean, sure most of the Joes are really good at their individual specialties, but Brawler was really, really, really good at EVERYTHING he did.

Actaully as I read it it came accross he'd be really good at everything in theory, but is so undisiplined that he's incompentent in practice. Thats certainly how I use his figure.

I've got nothing against him as a person, I've had no dealings with him, but the ARAH character based on him sucks

I hated Sneek Peak. And Crazy Legs. I really hated Joes that had molded on helmets. It drove me crazy. Especially big bulky ones that made em look like they had huge melons. Overall, though Sneek Peak was my most hated figure. He was useless in my opinion.

"Oh wow, my whole job is the same thing a pair of binoculars can do."

Cuz there's no way he's doing any kind of long range recon in those colors.

I hated Sneek Peak. And Crazy Legs. I really hated Joes that had molded on helmets. It drove me crazy. Especially big bulky ones that made em look like they had huge melons. Overall, though Sneek Peak was my most hated figure. He was useless in my opinion.

"Oh wow, my whole job is the same thing a pair of binoculars can do."

Cuz there's no way he's doing any kind of long range recon in those colors.

That about sums it up... Sneak-Peek couldn't buy it fast enough in the comic for me. Also no love for Fastdraw, Cross-Country (Ugly!) and Col. Courage (Going into battle with a tie on? Give me a break!) I am sure there are more, but like Crimson Twins said, I hated the molded on helmets, too!!!

Todd

Shakka85