Got A Question?

Bekker

I'm actually curious about that myself, though I think I recall the thread.

Maybe about a week or two ago, someone posted something concerning Joes vs. the Iraqis or somesuch (it was a long, long post, and I didn't feel like reading it).  Apparently, it had a few racist comments contained within, and as such, Three Storms edited the post.

Oh that's right! I remember that post now!

Cobra After Action Report, from somethingawful.com

Oh right. I remember that now.

The only problem was that the original poster should have just provided a link to the site instead of pasting the whole thing here (which made for a LONG post in the first place).

I never saw the need for people to get bent out of shape about something like that. A simple PM to the poster to edit his post or a message to a mod to do the same would have sufficed over jumping on the anger bandwagon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saboteur -- Those are some good points, actually. You and VH are right; the hiatus isn't technically over. Even so, I'm still happy that the Zartan comic pack is on the way, regardless of whether or not it is a one-time deal.

I was thinking the same thing. We simply need to wait until the Hasbro site opens in June. THEN we can start complaining about there not being enough product or the colors or accessories or about whatever else we normally complain.

true but racism can bring that kind of anger out.

Oh sure. I understand that.

But in THIS particular instance, it wasn't something the poster said. The mistake was in not watching what he was copying more closely. With such a long copy, he might not have even realized the bad words were even there.

In other words, I don't think he intended to post something bad. Problem was, so many people jumped on the anger bandwagon ABOUT racism which had no real connection to the original post in the first place. Thus, it became a thread of people complaining about racism.

true but racism can bring that kind of anger out.

Oh sure. I understand that.

But in THIS particular instance, it wasn't something the poster said. The mistake was in not watching what he was copying more closely. With such a long copy, he might not have even realized the bad words were even there.

In other words, I don't think he intended to post something bad. Problem was, so many people jumped on the anger bandwagon ABOUT racism which had no real connection to the original post in the first place. Thus, it became a thread of people complaining about racism.

never checked out the post so I didnt know about it until this one,and agree i dont think the poster ment to include everything that was in the post and if he did(and he is the only one to know)then that would be bad.

Just wanted to clarify what I think negative posting is:

Name calling

Flame wars

taking over a thread and posting in it that has nothing to do with the thread.

Ok….I got a question…what’s the deal with all this thread??? The bickering the fighting… do these toys (and yes they are toys) Run our life?…have they replaced the significant other in our life….? Why do people hate on other people’s opinion??? And they do hate….they don’t disagree they do not even bother to see anybody else’s POV…… These are all questions that I sat here and wondered….I know what it is to have a strong opinion about things worth having a strong opinion about but lets place it in a point of view maybe a lot of us could relate….is this something that in anyway, shape or form benefiting us in any way besides knowing the fact that we got a brand new shiny toy??? I mean does it some how fulfill this desire in you to know that you got a brand new shiny toy or to be the first one in the block with it…I mean c’mon…we are not children here….*well some of us are* but most of us are grown ups….BUT anyways…if this shiny toy gets taken away from you by the big bad company you get mad @ people….Now from reading this long as thread…it seems to me that people at first where mad again b/c of all this lil joe vs big joe crap…and just to let you know…the big joes are crap….That’s my opinion….but I won’t go waving it around as a flag to start an argument and start name calling…I’m too grown for that… someone doesn’t like it…OH WELL OH WELL….my feelings aren’t hurt….i guess I’m just venting b/c I’M tired of seeing this stuff come up….people’s ego has got to come down…especially over insignificant stuff as plastic toys!!!….Lev out!!! B) #joecool#