The Clones Are Coming!

Draven79

call a target near me today, gave them the dcpi and they told me they had them. I got went there with a friend and asked to guy in toys and he told me about the 5/8 date, went up to customer service and the girl there checked with him again, same answer.

so me and my friend went to another nearby target, where i worked for a few months and got 3 there without any issues.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam its a repaint of the SA Clone Wars fig with a new head. At least that is what it looks like to me. And as far as the dates...........the box at my store had no dates on it. I looked it over. So Chad go to your store buddy and try it that way.

Draven

Drav, the date is on the shipping label not on the actual box ;)

Really? is the label on the box and I just missed it? I thought I read it all. lol

Draven

i know what you mean. but if some starts to b***h about it thats there. problem besides im one of the nice guys that actually helps others out.

Yes you are man! So if anyone attacks JJ you will deal with me!

*thanks for that free clone under the table JJ* @smilepunch@

Just kidding guys. JJ is a great guy though. :)

Draven

i know what you mean. but if some starts to b***h about it thats there. problem besides im one of the nice guys that actually helps others out.

Yes you are man! So if anyone attacks JJ you will deal with me!

*thanks for that free clone under the table JJ* @smilepunch@

Just kidding guys. JJ is a great guy though. :)

Draven

No bro he wis one of the best and has hooked me up alot as of late,so no body better trash JJ or me and Drav will have his back.

WORD!!!! lol thanks guys

really?

can i buy one from you jjlecaros?

if so that would be great

id prefer to trade for something I need so if you could check out my list and LMK. thanks

I picked up some today too.. they were not on the shelf and there was no tag on the racks for them..

I gave them the DCPI and they brought me out some.. it was hard to do because this one guy didn't want to help me at all.. but I found a cute chick who was more than happy to @lol@

same here I asked one girl for help and she said she couldnt bring them out cuz they were collectors items, so i went to customer service and asked another girl there and she went got the whole case and rung me up

so let me get this straight... you hang out here among "pissy fans" who are trying to help each other out and then turn around and call Targets around your area and tell them not to put out the clones because they are not due out until 5-8? is that what I'm supposed to gather from your sloppy post? On the prick scale of 1-5 you get a 10

It's called doing my job and giving EVERYONE even none hardcore fans a fair chance at getting them.

It's called creating a leveled playing field. I could easily tell the guys on the overnight flow to hold the case, buy it myself and throw it on eBay too. So if you think someone doing his or her job is being a 'prick', you should think of how much worse it could be.

'and you ASSumed I was referring to fans here. The guys I talked on the phone were the prissy ones and claiming I was holding them for someone else.

As for my "sloppy post", I won't even get into your grammatical structure, tis beneath me.

How many are there to a case and how many cases are going to each store.Also,are all targets suppose to get these or just "select ones".One question and one question only then I will shut up.Will there be enough of these to go around.As I said in my posts and I am tired of saying it,the 2 Target stores in my area have not gotten these in yet.One guy was completely clueless about the Clone Trooper.I don't trust employees they will tell you anything some even told me in the past that Target stopped carrying Star Wars.I know that was a lie.

what the hell job title is that? Grand Potemtate & Protector of Target's exclusives?!?

NO ONE at Target has the responsibility of keeping stuff off shelves at area Targets. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a position where someone gets paid to call other stores and say "Hey don't put those out yet, some collector might want it b/c the average kid isn't going to drop $13 bucks for a figure in a plastic outer case that might not open & play w/ anyway."

That is being a huge prick to take it upon yourself to want to call those stores and tell them how to run their store.

what the hell job title is that? Grand Potemtate & Protector of Target's exclusives?!?

NO ONE at Target has the responsibility of keeping stuff off shelves at area Targets. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a position where someone gets paid to call other stores and say "Hey don't put those out yet, some collector might want it b/c the average kid isn't going to drop $13 bucks for a figure in a plastic outer case that might not open & play w/ anyway."

That is being a huge prick to take it upon yourself to want to call those stores and tell them how to run their store.

Keep it cival please.

Stores are rated on EVERYTHING we do. From sales, to stolen merchandise, to even selling BEFORE release dates. It's all points against the store which hurt the amount of money we're allowed to spend on the store and thus hurts ME by working their.

Also just because an item is in stock a store DOESN'T have to sell it to you, I can’t believe how many times that’s been stated here. A store can refuse to sell you ANY item it wants with plausible cause. Releases dates fall under that.

Informing the area stores is a plus in my pocket for my job, and as much as I love toys, my job comes first. It's not keeping the toys form anyone. It's making them wait the amount of time THEY ORIGINALLY WERE SUPPOSE TO.

I'm done with this, since apparently, "edit." is the highlight of the argument.

The figure's cool, the figure won't be as hard as Vader to get except for the army builders buying the whole cases, which isn’t Target or my fault. Everyone on here is eventually going to get at least one, just like with Vader. Life goes on, they're only freakin' toys.

NO ONE at Target has the responsibility of keeping stuff off shelves at area Targets.  I'm pretty sure that there isn't a position where someone gets paid to call other stores and say "Hey don't put those out yet, some collector might want it b/c the average kid isn't going to drop $13 bucks for a figure in a plastic outer case that might not open & play w/ anyway."

Keep it cival please.

Sorry JayC, but for this guy to read the thread title and then come here and brag about what he did is stirring the pot and he's asking for it. With that in mind this will be the last time I post on his subject because he's getting the attention I'm sure he wanted by posting.

Well both of ya need to chill.

Jaster you need to keep in mind that Punichu is doing a job and sometimes that doesnt always mean making everyone happy. So there is no need to jump down his throat.

However Punichu, though I don't doubt you are doing what you feel is best for your job and don't fault you for that, do you really need to come on here and tell people you are calling all the stores in your area telling them to not release them? Regardless of your intentions, I dont know how you could not see posting something like that would not piss people off regardless of your intentions, nor does it really contribute.

Just like its not your fault that an embargo date was placed on them, its not their fault that many Targets choose not to follow that and go on sell the items therefore setting a trend where people call and ask to see if they can get them now. Even if there will be more of these figures than the Vaders these are gonna be in more demand cause not only will it attract collectors, scalpers but as you pointed out army builders, and though its not your fault if someone buys a whole case its not their fault that they are taking steps to try and secure one of these before they are gone.