The New Gi Joe Online Store

Forcehunter

Since the last one was locked, discuss the new online products here.

It feels like the late 80s early 90s here. I woner if we can use Battle Points to get a discount or if they will include BPs as part of the purchase.

Also it seems one of my concerns was laid aside by looking at the SW C3 poster. They are limiting the number of people who can go on early, so maybe they will do that at Joe con too to give us a shot at the new figs.

Is this the new peaceful thread that Chazz envisioned?

I doubt we'll be able to use Battle points, at least at first, I think they'll be struggling a little.

I really hope they handle troop building well, that is what will make or break them in my opinion. If I can simply buy 24 of a single troop builder figure right off the site and at the same price as every other figure, then I'd say this will be a grand slam for Hasbro.

I can't help but feel that they will find a way to screw it up though.

Bah. If this has already been posted, Disregard. HTS.com

This sounds very promising "In addition, the G.I. JOE 3 3/4-inch scale makes its return with a variety of new figures and vehicles and will be available on HasbroToyShop.com, along with select online retailers"

Well, all I can say is enjoy it while its here, all things come to an end or a very long haitus, so Im making the most of it.

Only time will tell if the hiatus is truly over. We will see what Hasbro has in stores for us in the summer before Sigma Six. I hope to see the new wave of GIJOE that was on the list before.

The online store is still a little iffy for me. I'm more used to buying it in the retails. I hope I can use my battle points to buy the GIJOE online.

Yeah, troop-building here will be key, and somehow I see them putting limits on certain figures.

If they're smart, what they'll do with these is have special package offers - say, like 6 or 10. I mean, if this is going to be geared towards collectors, and it sounds like it is, they really should drastically increase the ratio between troop-builder figures and characters to allow that.

Agreed. The ARmy-Builers will make or break the store. Also, they should learn the lesson of Amazon.com, don't keep taking orders if you don't think you can fill em.

Kevin, I would go along with that idea, I have thay many points.

Royal, if you want to complete your collection or get what you want, you will have to start ordering online. I am kicking myself for "waiting for the hunt" when I had a chance for these to be delivered. From now on, I order online.

I'm hoping that they will limit the sale of an item for a short time once a new item is available to 1 or 2 per individual item. Then after week, unlimited sales. That way, everyone would get a chance to buy at least one of an item, then the army builders(my self included) and scalpers can have at it.

A very good idea. ^^

I just hope with this store, we will see con exclusives availible to the public sooner. I can see it now, a HISS 2 in retro packaging. AHHHHH.

Why does this have to be Online...

man Hasbro always finds a way to screw us over!

Why does this have to be Online...

man Hasbro always finds a way to screw us over!

Speak for yourself.

I'm sick of wading elbow-to-elbow through seas of hick mouthbreathers just to look for toys I know Wal Mart doesn't have. Or, that TRU employees have picked through. Or stores that just never receive new product.

Online is very appealing to me at this point in the game.

A very good idea. ^^

I just hope with this store, we will see con exclusives availible to the public sooner. I can see it now, a HISS 2 in retro packaging. AHHHHH.

Doh!! You and this thread are making me too hopeful!

Anyway, I hope there's an increase in quality control. The RAH reissues (as far as figures) can have quite sloppy paint jobs. And things like a perfect Cobra insignia or Joe 6-pack unit patch (for example) painted on a figure can be quite a chore to find.

Doh!! You and this thread are making me too hopeful!

While Im at it, y'know how Hasbro said that COBRA vehicles didn't go over well with the retailers, imagine the possibilities of COBRA vehicles (Night Raven or black COBRA jet anyone)

They can keep making NEW vehicles as far as i'm concerned, if they're going to keep getting better and better and in the direction like what the Humvee, Quickstrike & Ice Sabre were! ^_^

Single carded figures are cool, and I hope to see MORE new figures and characters with the injection molding!

Comic packs with new molded head sculpts are also cool and I hope to see as many of those as they want to do as possible.

I would only hope that a lot of NEW things are in the plans, and not just a repaint of everything OLD! I have all that old stuff, and I'm very happy with it, but I want to see what can be done with the line in the year 2005 and on. I don't believe Hasbro has utilized the available processes to the best of their ability, but maybe soon? ^_^

They can keep making NEW vehicles as far as i'm concerned, if they're going to keep getting better and better and in the direction like what the Humvee, Quickstrike & Ice Sabre were! ^_^

Single carded figures are cool, and I hope to see MORE new figures and characters with the injection molding!

Comic packs with new molded head sculpts are also cool and I hope to see as many of those as they want to do as possible.

I would only hope that a lot of NEW things are in the plans, and not just a repaint of everything OLD! I have all that old stuff, and I'm very happy with it, but I want to see what can be done with the line in the year 2005 and on. I don't believe Hasbro has utilized the available processes to the best of their ability, but maybe soon? ^_^

Well, this online store will give them some flexibility and there won't be pressure from Wal Mart that knows jack $h&* about toys.

Would you consider the re-release of the BAT v1 new? Would you consider non-reissued classic figures new? That is what I hope for and I think that is what Hasbro plans to do.

Well, this online store will give them some flexibility and there won't be pressure from Wal Mart that knows jack $h&* about toys.

I don't know if I still buy that old excuse anymore. It went from the "Big Three" down to almost just Wal Mart, being the bain of our Joes existence, and I just don't think it's entirely true, but I don't know anything for certain these days.

Would you consider the re-release of the BAT v1 new?

No! It would still be cool enough, but not new, and to be honest, I'm about as BATTED out as I can be. ;)

Would you consider non-reissued classic figures new?

No!

That is what I hope for and I think that is what Hasbro plans to do.

From the looks of the three items shown to us already, I don't think that would be quite the case. The comic pack is like the others, with a combination of clasic RAH molds and some new head sculpts or bodies (on a few) being used for them.

The single carded Scrap Iron is new, and not exactly as NEW as what the last of wave 6 and 7 are, like a leftover form several waves before then, but still in the JvC VvV phase.

The Humvee is obviously from the new stuff, so it doesn't appear to me, that they're going back to the ARAHC phase of things, and just re-REpainting all the old molds.

Does any one think that New Scrap Iran Is cool?

Yeah...as a nameless trooper figure though! ^_^

@hmmm@ waitaminute! Scrap IRAN? @loll@

Cool! Right after we get done trashin' IRAQ, we'll go Scrap IRAN!!! @smilepunch@

On a side note, it's to early to tell if they are going to continue with injection molding. They may not, or Scrap Iron may use rivets simply to get the shoulder guards on him. I agree though, it looks like a cool figure, but not the definitive Scrap Iron.

Does any one think that New Scrap Iran Is cool?

Yeah...as a nameless trooper figure though! ^_^

@hmmm@ waitaminute! Scrap IRAN? @loll@

Cool! Right after we get done trashin' IRAQ, we'll go Scrap IRAN!!! @smilepunch@

Sorry About that Scrap Iron misspelling.

Just hope we have the fuel to Scrap Iran after Iraq.