When Did This Come Out????

the necromancer

That was one of the first batch of reissues. Before the Dreamwave box style, and before the Hasbro reissues.

They came in G1 style E-Hobby boxes, I think they were solds as sets of 2, and they're now very rare and expensive.

People often think that Takara have only reissued those figures included in the TFC series, but this first line of reissues also included Hoist, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet, Grapple, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, and probably more that I can't remember (and thats not counting the ones that got re-reissued in TFC).

I wish I'd been fortunate enough to be into TFs at the time. I woulda bought a ton and sold them to you lot in the year 2009 @firedevil@

Ive never seen that one before, In my opinion its a fake, Someone pulled a regular reissue prowl and stuck it in a ehobby box, which are generally generic no names or anything like that- They did initial waves that came out did come in pairs but I didnt see a prowl until they started making them in the dreamwave boxes, and for bluesteak ehobby released a chrome version but never a regular version of bluestreak- Habro did release a regular bluestreak though

So anyone else have a opinion on this? I say its a fake :unsure:

Did my own little check and it seems your right it's a fake, here's a list of all of the released re issues including the 2 pks you were talking about and there was no prowl before the Bookcase Box releases according to this list.

http://tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/hasbr...ra_reissues.php

this would've been listed under the 2001 reissues i think. :)

I recall Jazz was never reissued prior to the DW boxes. I remember the uproar of the fan's surprise when the DW version had a new head sculpt. I could have sworn Prowl came out with Bluestreak as well. I mean, wasn't this the only way to get the toy color version of Bluestreak before to the American reissue?

Bluestreak with the black hood came out yeah along with the chrome version.

I guess they just never did prowl, even though I could have sworn they did before the bookstyle.

*Feels ashamed*

You're all absolutely right... Prowl has never been released by eHobby (although a few minutes ago i could've sworn remembering him being released back then).

Good ol' Remy's list brings salvation in this time of crisis :D

http://tfkenkon.com/tf/reissue.php

First Prowl re-issue is TF Collection #2...

ok its a fake I know but even if it wasnt I dont get why on earth someone would still pay $125 for that Prowl when they could get the Tak reissue Prowl for $35 (which IMO is packaged better) heck they could even save more money and just get the TRU reissue Prowl.....is its packaging really that appealing???

Ahh..ok now I see why the Thrust reissue I've been looking to get have been selling for $200-300. Well I'm not about to pay that much for one, maybe with any luck Tak might give him a book reissue