New Gijoe Product Pics

AirborneRigger

now what i'm wondering is whether or not these three products will be the only ones available to begin with?

i'm fairly sure hasbro had more than just scrap iron produced for the next wave of figures, so will we be seeing more than this or is this all that's planned for the initial "wave?"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess all our bitching is starting to pay off!  =^)

If so...we need to KEEP doing it, and kill the Sigma Sux line, after only it's first wave!!!

DIE....YOU FREAKING ANIME PUPPETS FROM HELL!!!!

Heh, lay off the Anime, those figures are about as Anime inspired as a DaVinci painting is inspired by the Simpsons.

I hope the series (if it is indeed a proper Anime series) is a hit but yes I do agree I think the toyline will fail. Although if it does and Hasbro has a lot of success with the online store I do not want them to start selling TWO PACKS AGAIN AT WALMART!

OK everybody say it with me . . . SINGLE PACKS!!!!!!!!!

SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!SINGLE PACKS!

YES! Finally we'll be getting our old fashioned G.I. Joe and COBRA back. Man, the website orders for this new site are going to be seriously taxing on its bandwidth. Hasbro better prepare carefully because the first good COBRA trooper I see, it's open season fellas.

Hopefully though there will be some other new stuff besides the first of the Robot Rebellion releases list. Can you guys imagine how cool this would be if Hasbro made some of the older stuff available on this site, like the Stinger, HISS II, or Condor Z-25.

This is making me seriously happy and despite the flak we've given Hasbro I think they had a really good idea with this one.

Although I don't agree with the prices. Hasbro will probably keep things realistic price wise, no different then selling in mass consumers. If they did overprice the stuff this thing would sink faster then the Titanic.

Hasbro may very well be saving the best stuff for the convention so we'll just have to wait and see.

Guest DavAnthony

I more times than not got all of my stuff from online stores anyway so for me I really don't mind. If the prices are around what Aloysha, Stevey Maximus and Draven are thinking then that will be fine with me.

If this means the line can be better fouces towards collectors then I like that as well and I really love the card art for the single figure, looks really good and by selling the figures in single packs we don't have to deal with the unwanted second figures as we did in the past.

just to go against the grain a wee bit, i wish they would have left "the enemy" part off.

what the hell for?? that is one of my favorite parts of the package.. just like the old RAH stuff.

Also makes me wonder if repaints will be cut some what since its a collector's line.

Draven

I hope there will be MORE repaints, of RAH stuff that is. Makes sense since now they know that they are selling to a majority of collectors and not kids.. So no more gimicks and crappy colors!

Also makes me wonder if repaints will be cut some what since its a collector's line.

Draven

I hope there will be MORE repaints, of RAH stuff that is. Makes sense since now they know that they are selling to a majority of collectors and not kids.. So no more gimicks and crappy colors!

Oh true. For RAH repaints are cool.

Draven

just to go against the grain a wee bit, i wish they would have left "the enemy" part off.

what the hell for?? that is one of my favorite parts of the package.. just like the old RAH stuff.

Yeah why the bloody hell? @smilepunch@ I like the enemy part. :)

Draven

Yeah why the bloody hell? @smilepunch@ I like the enemy part. :)

Draven

I like the joes haveing more than enemy, and Cobra Enemy just seems a little cheesy, but enough other folks like it i won't complain.

I dont understand why everyone is always blaming retailers or execs or 'supposed' poor sales for the Retail "hiatus" of Gi Joe. Do we have any concrete evidence that Wal mart or Target or anyone said "No more GI Joe??? Sure I know wal mart has not carried as much joe as they did in the past, but Ive also heard that was by HASBROS choice... I still see tons of joe product at target and toys r us and meijers, and family dollar, and everywhere else. And it sells... and it sells well...

Has *ANYONE* really thought about what Hasbro originally said in their official statement about the Hiatus? They made the point that they were making a serious effort to bring GI Joe back in to the mainstream as *THE* toy. The most popular of its time... They pointed out that it was in its 12 inch day, and it was again in the 80s in iits 3 3/4 inch prime... and so is it not understandable to think that all of this hiatus plan has NOTHING to do with low sales or retailer pressure and EVERYTHING to do with a cohesive plan to try to relaunch GI Joe and make it a number one mainstream product again? Think about it from the kids perspective. Your 7 years old. You dont know crap about 12 inch joes other than like your granddaddy or great granddaddy has one still in the box sitting on some shelf next to his army badges or something... You dont know crap abotu 3 3/4 joe, You dont know who stalker is, or who Alpine is, and you've never seen an episode of the original cartoon, or ran around the house with a cobra rattler going KAPOW.... You come home from school one day and there is a new cartoon, called sigma six. Its got an artistic style that is concurrent with most everything else that is ont he market today (in other words it looks like anime), you watch it, there are some cool guys named snake eyes and stormshadow, a lot of action, a small character base that is easily recognizable and memorable... You go to the toy store and you want a Sigma Six toy........

Now you get there and what the heck is this... Ok there is obviously sigma six toys because they say it on the package... oh and there is snake eyes that is what Iwant. But wait... There is also this big barbie doll sized snake eyes... Hey he looks different... Oh wait and then there are these little figures too and there is a snake eyes... How come his file card tells a different story than the cartoon snake eyes?? Are they the same snake eyes? is he a different snake eyes? And who the heck is this Link guy? and Rock N Roll? I dont remember him from the cartoon??? How does all this tie together? They all SAY Gi Joe? Which do I buy?

THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO AVOID. They want the new thing to be when someone says GI Joe, Kids picture Sigma Six. Sigma six WILL be Gi Joe. There will always be history, the gi joe of the past and so forth..

And Now because of that, Hasbro is offering figures OBVIOUSLY marketed SOLEY at adult collectors paying tribute to the history of GI Joe by retaining a 3 3/4 scale, going back to single carded figures with ORIGINAL CARD ART. YAY... Sure it might cost a little more... But your a collector, not a kid saving yoru allowance... If you want it, you'll pay for it.

They are basically giving us EVERYTHING we have been crying for. And I for one think it is great. I hope Sigma Six DOES succeed. I would love to see Gi Joe have yet another day in the spot light as the number one childrens toy of its time. I would love to see a fresh new take on the characters in a new modernized cartoon...

But being a 3 3/4 collector I am not at all interested in the 6 inch Sigma Six toy line. But cool! I can still buy these new figs off hasbro direct. They may cost a little more, but im willing to bet they make a few less figs a year anyways... So the ones i get will be special. They will come in some great packaging... And they will be marketed for me....

Im thrilled. Today is a great day to be a GI Joe collector.

Phanstar

SInce those items were listed among "Robot Rebellion" releases, potential future releases could include:

New Comic 3 Packs:

Hawk, Flint, Tunnel Rat

Dreadnoks Buzzer, Thrasher, Ripper

Zartan, Cobra Commander, Zarana (check!)

Breaker, Agent Scarlett, Cobra Commander

New Alpha Vehicles:

Road Rebel Tank w/ Tunnel Rat

Sting Raider w/ Electric EEL II

Chopper w/ Machette

ATC Mech w/ Cannonball

CLAW Mech w/ BAT

Defense Mech w/ Dusty

Bravo vehicles:

HISS w/ Pit Viper

DLX Vehicle: ROCC w/ Long Haul

New 2....er....1 packs:

Major Barrage

Barrel Roll

Sgt Mutt

Scrap Iron (check)

Strongarm

Overkill

Spirit Iron Knife

Firefly

Kamakura

Ninja BAT.

I guess the last post about all this info was right on the nose ex for the fact that no one knew they were goin to be single packs now hehehe I'm lovin it. The fact that u have to order anything u want on line blows I want to see this stuff in stores!! Do I hear army buildin!!!!!!

Ninja Bat? WTF. Ugh, thank god I wont have to see that one in stores. :D

all of this hiatus plan has NOTHING to do with low sales or retailer pressure and EVERYTHING to do with a cohesive plan to try to relaunch GI Joe and make it a number one mainstream product again?

I think there is certainly an element of that "Low sales" was only cited offically by Brian Savage in the Collectors Club newsletter and NOWHERE else, not one hasbro rep quoted poor sales of exising scales as a reason for Sigma Six. Yet from that one secondary source somehow the general preception on the fan boards became "Hasbro is canceling 3.75 inch Joes because of poor sales"

My one concern right now is really who the "selected online reatilers" will be (I have very little hope that a hasbro run store will ship internationally, the legalities of their agreements with their local sub-companies will prevent it IMO), hopefully not Amazon or anyone else with a "continental US only" shipping policy. (OTOH Smalljoes was one of the reatilers that got ARAHC Wave 5......)

HEY! Anyone notice the bumper that is pictured on the Humvee? I know the pic doesn't always depict what the toy will look like, but you think they could get this right. Hopefully they did, and a bumper has been added. That would make this even more realistic, and a small incentive to keep it from being just another repaint of a vehicle that's already seen two color versions.

If so...we need to KEEP doing it, and kill the Sigma Sux line, after only it's first wave!!!

Heh, lay off the Anime, those figures are about as Anime inspired as a DaVinci painting is inspired by the Simpsons.

I hope the series (if it is indeed a proper Anime series) is a hit but yes I do agree I think the toyline will fail. Although if it does and Hasbro has a lot of success with the online store I do not want them to start selling TWO PACKS AGAIN AT WALMART!

I agree since lately, a lot of people blame new stuff on anime; stuff that doesn't look animish. Loonautics for example. The toys don't look remotely anime, but maybe the show is. It gets tiresome to remind ppl that not everything new and drastic is anime. I think ppl have hatred over anime because it is foreign, new, different, or whatever reason and blames it on any new shows they hate. At least I am happy that others like you and I can tell the differences between anime and new stlyes of american art.

Let's see if the cartoon is anime or not since Gonzo is doing a gi joe anime, but not sure if it is Stigma six.

I agree since lately, a lot of people blame new stuff on anime; stuff that doesn't look animish. Loonautics for example. The toys don't look remotely anime, but maybe the show is. It gets tiresome to remind ppl that not everything new and drastic is anime. I think ppl have hatred over anime because it is foreign, new, different, or whatever reason and blames it on any new shows they hate. At least I am happy that others like you and I can tell the differences between anime and new stlyes of american art.

Let's see if the cartoon is anime or not since Gonzo is doing a gi joe anime, but not sure if it is Stigma six.

I think the hatred for anime is that it's everywhere! and that while it has some great substyles (the art in cowboy bebop) a whole lot of it are cartoony.

The real fear is not the animation, but the toys! we want realistic toys!

You're forgetting WHO is making these things! Just because you guys like anime and have some kind of hardcore knowledge of waht you think it's SUPPOSE to be like, doesn't take away the fact that other toylines aren't inspired somehow and are trying to capitalize on the fascination with it.

Hasbro anime, probably isn't going to be quite exactly what YOU guys perceive as anime!

The elements are there, it's just not PURE! :rolleyes:

Disliking anime (which I do) has NOTHING to do with racism against foreigners, or whatever that nonsense was all about! That'd be like saying I disliked T-crotchs on G.I.Joes, because I hate handicapped people! <_<

I think the hatred for anime is that it's everywhere! and that while it has some great substyles (the art in cowboy bebop) a whole lot of it are cartoony.

A whole lot of ANY animation from ANY country looks cartoony. Justice League, Stripperella, Australia's Dot & the Kangaroo, Canada's Rock & Rule, Great Britain's The BFG. "Cartooniness" is hardly a Japanese only phenomonae.

Even a certain animated show in the mid-80s from a company named Sunbow about a military organization whos name escapes me at the moment has a fair amount of attributes one could describe as cartoony.

Of all the reasons I turn on a cartoon, realism ranks really, really low on the list.