3.75" Joe Returns At Hasbrotoyshop.com!

Leonardo T Dragon

this might work out for us and it proves that we #$## and they listen. so the first wave will be out by july 1 great gives me time to save my cash.

Considering how long it takes to go from concept to final product on a toy, I'll bet Hasbro had this planned for some time.

Heh, the GI Joe product will be available by the Fourth of July! How Patriotic!

Like others, my big concern is how they intend to deal with troop builders. If they did one 6 pack, that would be enough for me, but with many who buy 10 plus, I can see problems.

I really do like the packaging. I'd even spend the money to get a wave 7 Snake Eyes in that package!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the new comic pack and Scrap Iron! Sweet relief indeed. And Stevie is right with this being planned for a while imo. Anyway can't wait to see more wave 8 figs carded up. And hopefully a new Flint!

Draven

this might work out for us and it proves that we #$## and they listen. so the first wave will be out by july 1 great gives me time to save my cash.

Considering how long it takes to go from concept to final product on a toy, I'll bet Hasbro had this planned for some time.

Heh, the GI Joe product will be available by the Fourth of July! How Patriotic!

Like others, my big concern is how they intend to deal with troop builders. If they did one 6 pack, that would be enough for me, but with many who buy 10 plus, I can see problems.

I really do like the packaging. I'd even spend the money to get a wave 7 Snake Eyes in that package!

Well it could be very good or very bad. If I want 24 of a trooper and Hasbro will sell it to me then they just made my wildest dreams come true, no more scalpers and no more searching stores for product and best of all, no more waiting for product to make it from the West coast to the Northeast, a process that usually takes a month and a half.

The other side of this though is if they don't let a troop builder do this then I think it might make things significantly worse.

I hope the prices are good. Watch them be more expensive than the retail stores, would that be a kick in the @ss.

I'd like to see Troop builders on Single Cards and in six packs. That'd help with Troop building.

@lol@ all that drama here for nothing...that's all i have to say for now @cool@

I think I mentioned this already, that if this "hiatus" talk was generated merely for a lapse in production of a few months or so, how much a bunch of bullsh@# I thought that would be! @grumpy@

While these items look damn cool, and I'm definitely glad to see a few things yet to get.....the issue of the fans being told they were going on hiatus, to get the "drama" stirred up, is pretty pathetic.

Not sure what was to be gained by such unnecessary info and the lack of anything substantial to clear it up.

Do you like being played Chazz? I know I don't! <_<

dig the packaging, I will definatly get the Scrap Iron and the Humvee ( I'm glad it's a rollbar and not a duke)

I'm really excited!

They could use this to their advtange, imagine them continingly making a single pack viper? you know it would keep selling!

I think this is a great way for both Hasbro and Joe fans to get what they want. Hasbro doesn't have to worry about putting Joes in every Walmart or Target while trying to appeal to a small fan group. Fans that want the newest releases can get them quickly instead of driving around from store to store trying to find Wave 7. You may have to pay for shipping, but it is better than hunting or not having a 3.75 line at all.

Also I think this will help curb scalping. Hasbro should be able to meet the demands for club members instead of basing production levels on wholesale expectations. Besides, the press release also mentions that select retailers will also carry 3.75 Joe products. I am assuming that they are referring to our smaller online retailers.

I don't collect Joes, but I am a child of the 80s. So when I heard that the 3.75 collection was on hiatus, I was worried that it may disappear forever. I dig old school packaging, so I like this new marketing strategy (which is aimed at us 30-somethings). I look forward to making a few Joe purchases direct from Hasbro.

Give me a VAMP in old school packaging! YO JOE!

I'm lonely in the 40-something category! ^_^

That scrap iron card art is absolutely amazing. Reminds me of the good ol' days. Is that the whole linup or will we see more?

I don't really like the scrap iron itself, though the comic 3 pack figures look amazing!!!

They should at least sell the re-issues at TRU, with a sticker advertising the online store. That way rank and file collectors can still walk into their local TRU and grab them, and if the online stuff interests them they can pursue THAT route. But at least general retail would have a chance too.

This is just announcing the store (which will apparently also sell to other online retailers, something that will both help reduce inventory on Hasbro's side, and allow more venues)

Considering that they apparently went to the trouble of creating new packaging for these toys, I'm thinking they might yet be trying to find a brick and mortar venue (TRU would seem the most logical choice considering how much they've supported the line thus far).

I think we will find out more at the convention, but this is certainly better news than no more product for a year plus.

I would not be surprised if TRU or Target get in on the act by the fall.

Draven

LOVE LOVE LOVE the packaging.. its not as good as RAH, but you can see that they are trying to go there with it.. its nice.

Even though I don't like new-sculpt figures, I will be buying those just to keep MOC. Like I am not thrilled with that Scrap-Iron, his figure is blah and he has no gear, but the package is great! I'll buy him just for that.

And I really like that comic pack also.

Now, the on-line only thing might turn out to be really crappy, but in terms of product.. BRAVO Hasbro, don't stop there.

oh.. and now I HAVE to go to the CON

the packaging is sweet i am very surpised. i was so pissed at hasbro but i will have to comend them for at least trying to sell their products to the fans. they have stepped up where other companies have promised a website/store with exclusives and such but eventually left there buyers in the cold.

The comic pack, scrap iron, and night ops humvee were orginally scheduled to be released in May with the new theme. It appears as if the humvee is a repaint. The news pics do not show signs of a theme. Does this mean they are going to release all they had orginally planned to, just without a theme. For example, ATC Mech, Defense MEch, Claw MEch, Chopper, Hiss V, etc. Maybe even ROCC, yet its kind of big for an online store.

"Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back IN!!" (lol) I just don't know what to say really. If they're gonna keep making 3-3/4" product, this is the way to do it. I'm just not sure about pricing/availability.

after the golden shower hasbro gave us...there gonna have to do better then this to get my money! that scarp iron is complete crap! the package is an improvement but as they say "you cant polish a turd" so i'll pass on that.. they need to destroy all VvV molds!! maybe at the convention with a 50 lb sledge, to show the fans there back on track! zaranna = crap! zartan and fred look pretty good thats a plus, the humvee with whats his face ehh i passed on this before....i guess i'll never be happy with there product so i'll just pass on all of it, but im happy for all you guys that wanted this.. looks like this may happen after all?

TM