3.75" Joe Returns At Hasbrotoyshop.com!

Leonardo T Dragon

There was no condescension in my post.  I was pointing out that there's no need to jump all over Hasbro already when there's no details available whatsoever.

He has valid questions which concern a lot of people, he didn't "jump on Hasbro".

He's right. Even in this digital age, not every collector has access to the Internet. Not to mention online retailing still involves sending personal information over the net, which is still not without its perils.

While this is inarguably better than nothing, its still not retail, and a lot of people who would normally be more than eager to give Hasbro their money will not be able to.

But lets see these pics of toys Ill never be able to purchase.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no condescension in my post.  I was pointing out that there's no need to jump all over Hasbro already when there's no details available whatsoever.

He has valid questions which concern a lot of people, he didn't "jump on Hasbro".

He's right. Even in this digital age, not every ollector has access to the Internet. Not to mention online retailing still involves sending personal information over the net, which is still not without its perils.

While this is inarguably better than nothing, its still not retail, and a lot of people who would normally be more than eager to give Hasbro their money will not be able to.

But lets see these pics of toys Ill never be able to purchase. the_doc@cox.net

Plus how long can an Online only line last.....

Doesn't anyone remeber "Hasbrocollectors.com" or The Internet BAT pack. I can't see the line lasting 2-3 waves unless we can get it back into at least TRU as well. Ideally I'd like to see it sold to TRU, Target, online retailers, and thru this wedsite. It'd really spread out the love a little, and increase sales....

Well, they seem to have them up for everyone(but only 1 will load). There is a link on GIJoeClub.com to this page...

http://www.gijoeclub.com/HasbroDTCpics.html

EDIT:

They have the URLs for the other pics wrong. Just copy the location and fix

the spelling in "MasterCollector"

I think they fixed it since the pics on that site works fine w/o any cut and paste. Thanks for the link.

Scrap Iron looks odd imo

Doesn't anyone remeber "Hasbrocollectors.com" or The Internet BAT pack. I can't see the line lasting 2-3 waves unless we can get it back into at least TRU as well. Ideally I'd like to see it sold to TRU, Target, online retailers, and thru this wedsite. It'd really spread out the love a little, and increase sales....

Thats another valid point. If I wasnt lucky enough to have someone snag RAHC wave five and the BATs for me I would never have owned them.

And Hasbros LAST online endeavor was, how you say, less than successful, wasnt it?

I dont feel its quite equitable for only certain fans to have access to new toys. Youre just gonna have another case of the HAVES and HAVE NOTS here.

They should at least sell the re-issues at TRU, with a sticker advertising the online store. That way rank and file collectors can still walk into their local TRU and grab them, and if the online stuff interests them they can pursue THAT route. But at least general retail would have a chance too.

Thats another valid point. If I wasnt lucky enough to have someone snag RAHC wave five and the BATs for me I would never have owned them.

And Hasbros LAST online endeavor was, how you say, less than successful, wasnt it?

I dont feel its quite equitable for only certain fans to have access to new toys. Youre just gonna have another case of the HAVES and HAVE NOTS here.

They should at least sell the re-issues at TRU, with a sticker advertising the online store. That way rank and file collectors can still walk into their local TRU and grab them, and if the online stuff interests them they can pursue THAT route. But at least general retail would have a chance too.

Maybe we should email places like Target and TRU (no point emailing Wal-Mart, they don't give a #$##) and tell them we want this line and they can then in turn tell Hasbro they want this line and maybe we can get it to last longer then 6 months.

I think this is Hasbro's way to make money off of the unproduced figures they already made. Sort of like how they sold their Beast Wars imports through the Hasbrocollector site years ago. Sad to say, that line bombed because of lack of sales, hence the surplus were on ebay for a fraction of the original cost.

Then again, if this does well, we may see more, but judging from past internet ex, it may be unlikely

I think this is Hasbro's way to make money off of the unproduced figures they already made. Sort of like how they sold their Beast Wars imports through the Hasbrocollector site years ago. Sad to say, that line bombed because of lack of sales, hence the surplus were on ebay for a fraction of the original cost.

Then again, if this does well, we may see more, but judging from past internet ex, it may be unlikely

Very safe bet that this is exactly what this "revival" is.

The heard the clamor and figured there's some money still in the scale, so they decide to use a direct market route and.........

...well, now its up to the hued and cried to put their money where their mouths are.

Any genuinely new items beyond the stuff in the pipeline will depend on how much of the initial stuff is bought.

They ain't doing this because they took pity on the fans

way to be negative before it even starts guy..

I guess there's one in every crowd.

Aside from your condescending attitude, these are very valid concerns. Everyone is so caught up on the moment that they haven't had time to think about it. Aside from the issues I already brought up, what of foreign collectors? My guess is that they will be left in the cold with this deal.

Were these actual mail in items that were easy to ship, that's one thing. It's something else all together with the way they're approaching this. We'll have to wait and see, but I don't think this is the salvation that collectors were hoping for.

U know the more I think about the more I agree with you robot. Now i have to compete with everyone else worldwide to get the army builders I want instead of the people in my area. Only thing I can see offsetting this is that the majority of the kids wont be buying them buyt collectors will. Im also scared that S&H will be crazy as well as the prices for each figure. Of course collectors and online scalpers who sell this stuff will hike the prices up . Granted Im really glad they did go back to the single figures for joe, but Im also hoping that they will put the army builders like Vipers and Swamp Rat in a 6 pack or something of the sorts. Also have a limit on them like 3 army packs of the same kind per customer on each order. Either that or just put them back in the stores in this format. Heck open up Hasbro stores in each state..lol. Just have something to regulate it. Other that that I cant be happier.

Aside from your condescending attitude, these are very valid concerns. Everyone is so caught up on the moment that they haven't had time to think about it. Aside from the issues I already brought up, what of foreign collectors? My guess is that they will be left in the cold with this deal.

Were these actual mail in items that were easy to ship, that's one thing. It's something else all together with the way they're approaching this. We'll have to wait and see, but I don't think this is the salvation that collectors were hoping for.

U know the more I think about the more I agree with you robot. Now i have to compete with everyone else worldwide to get the army builders I want instead of the people in my area. Only thing I can see offsetting this is that the majority of the kids wont be buying them buyt collectors will. Im also scared that S&H will be crazy as well as the prices for each figure. Of course collectors and online scalpers who sell this stuff will hike the prices up . Granted Im really glad they did go back to the single figures for joe, but Im also hoping that they will put the army builders like Vipers and Swamp Rat in a 6 pack or something of the sorts. Also have a limit on them like 3 army packs of the same kind per customer on each order. Either that or just put them back in the stores in this format. Heck open up Hasbro stores in each state..lol. Just have something to regulate it. Other that that I cant be happier.

Somehow I don't think some people are thinking this through.....

Selling this stuff through direct market means they can do back to make additional batches of figures upon call, so there's little chance of them denying anyone who wants a particular figure or figures once they are offered.

Nothing has been said about limited quantites.

They can gauge pretty quickly how many of a given figure to produce simply by make note of the numbers of orders that come in over a reasonable period of time.

After that they use that figure are their yardstick.

The trick is that they'll need to get a certain number of orders of any given figure or vehicle to make it worthwhile--probably around 50,000 or so, maybe a bit less/more

This is just announcing the store (which will apparently also sell to other online retailers, something that will both help reduce inventory on Hasbro's side, and allow more venues)

Considering that they apparently went to the trouble of creating new packaging for these toys, I'm thinking they might yet be trying to find a brick and mortar venue (TRU would seem the most logical choice considering how much they've supported the line thus far).

I think we will find out more at the convention, but this is certainly better news than no more product for a year plus.

Somehow I don't think some people are thinking this through.....

Selling this stuff through direct market means they can do back to make additional batches of figures upon call, so there's little chance of them denying anyone who wants a particular figure or figures once they are offered.

Nothing has been said about limited quantites.

They can gauge pretty quickly how many of a given figure to produce simply by make note of the numbers of orders that come in over a reasonable period of time.

After that they use that figure are their yardstick.

The trick is that they'll need to get a certain number of orders of any given figure or vehicle to make it worthwhile--probably around 50,000 or so, maybe a bit less/more

Very good point Arrow I was looking at it from an amazon.com or smalljoes.com perspective. Not thinking this was a hasbro store. Very good point indeed

I actually like the idea of online since I have been pre ordering for quite a while and also saves on gas hunting for the new thing, I cannot wait for this to get started as well as order some of these at the con :) Good job HASBRO and MC.