Soundwave=helicopter , "rc" A Main Bot, 5 Per Side

Cobalt Agent

So no lil budies for soundwave them blast it ... RC an motorcycle eh?.. Looks like they took the energon route on that one... I suppose that makes sense though since that way kids will reconize the charecter more...

Soo...

Optimus, arcee, my guesses, bumblebee, hound,prowl ,sideswipe, sunstreaker

Megatron, & soundwave, starscream... how can they not... I don't really know for the deceps...

Are all confirmed eh?..

& only FIVE more guys per side??!?!?! How can they have an movie with only 5 guys!! Even beastwars had more guys than that LOL!

So no lil budies for soundwave them blast it ... RC an motorcycle eh?.. Looks like they took the energon route on that one... I suppose that makes sense though since that way kids will reconize the charecter more...

Soo...

Optimus, arcee, my guesses, bumblebee, hound,prowl ,sideswipe, sunstreaker

Megatron, & soundwave, starscream... how can they not... I don't really know for the deceps...

Are all confirmed eh?..

& only FIVE more guys per side??!?!?! How can they have an movie with only 5 guys!! Even beastwars had more guys than that LOL!

well keep in mind the Movie characters are going to be a lot more complex 3D models then the beast wars models :P

& only FIVE more guys per side??!?!?! How can they have an movie with only 5 guys!!

Simple. Its whats known in the industry as a "Budget".

TEN robots. Plus whatever human characters. Then in addition to the CGI you have to PAY the voice actors as well. Not to mention all the other factors whichAll this costs MONEY, which is not exactly a commodity one can grow on a tree

Often there are realities behind decisions and sometimes there have to be compromises to get what one wants. Idealism is great but if you cant afford it all then thats simply all there is to it.

The 2nd Mortal Kombat movie tried to cram in too many characters and the film suffered greatly for it. Id rather have five on each side if theyre handled nicely and get some screen time, and not have a series of overglorified fanwank cameos like MKA became.

Even beastwars had more guys than that LOL!

They also didnt use EVERY model in EVERY episode either. BW also had the luxury of being a series where each character got more time to do his thing. TEN robots are going to be a little more hard pressed to get substantial time and character development in only 9-0 minutes.

But if youd like to give them the additional funding that more CGI models and their voice actors would require, by all means, feel free to step up to the plate.

Nothing is confimed yet,until the first day of shooting(according to Don)

Exactly. Remember, Chewbacca used to be Han Solo's girlfriend when they were making Star Wars, so relax.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Soundwave being a helicopter - hopefully someone will nix that idea.

Well having watched the first X-Men movie last night you can make a decent movie using only a handful of characters... and I'm sure we'll see plenty of other bots we recognise in the background or cameo roles!

Reserve your judgement until it's released I reckon. Sure, it may suck. But then again.. it might not!

Well having watched the first X-Men movie last night you can make a decent movie using only a handful of characters... and I'm sure we'll see plenty of other bots we recognise in the background or cameo roles!

Really, Hasbro at least (who, if you'll note, are the ones pushing for a size changing Soundwave!) will want several background characters for the Toyline.

And realistically, I expect a large battle where side characters like Skywarp, Silverstreak and company will make appearances.

Aaaaand, my faith in this movie not sucking horribly swings back to the negative. *sigh*

Seriously. Talk about dropping the bomb with that bit of info.

Why not just leave Soundwave out then? If he is not going to be a walkman, he is not going to be Soundwave. Therefore - leave him out.

I don't know, maybe Soundwave being a helicopter is because they are sticking with the theme of the Autobots being ground vehicles and Decepticons all being aircrafts. If that's the case, expect some kind of aircraft alt. mode for Megatron as well.

I think they put Arcee in so any girls who see the movie have a character to warm up to.

My fear is that since they are trying so hard to get this movie to appeal to more of a broad range of people that it's going to end up appealing to nobody. And if it bombs, and the die hard fans hate it, then it's going to be a huge disaster.

I already believe that as it is, a huge part of the fandom is going to hate it no matter what. I'm not holding it up to g1 in any way. I'm treating it as a whole new beginning and I won't judge it by what I thought it should of been but by what it is. I just hope more fans do the same and they succeed in making a great movie that everyone DOES enjoy!

Aaaaand, my faith in this movie not sucking horribly swings back to the negative.  *sigh*

Seriously. Talk about dropping the bomb with that bit of info.

Why not just leave Soundwave out then? If he is not going to be a walkman, he is not going to be Soundwave. Therefore - leave him out.

Ummm.....Soundwave wasn't a walkman....

Ummm.....Soundwave wasn't a walkman....

Ummm..... yes he was.

#WTF#

Nope, he wasn't.

Soundwave was a microcassette recorder/memorecorder. The tapes are actually life-size and thus of the kind you'd find in 80s answering machines.

Soundwave is misrepresented in the Hasbro version as to having stereospeakers to the sides of the cassettedoor, but those labels are actually meant to go on the batteries/rocketlauncher and gun.

In fact, all of the TF's that were originally Microman-molds are life-sized in altmode. Think Megatron/Reflector/Perceptor and they all change into life-sized objects (altough Perceptor is a little small for a microscope).

Even the minobots (like Gears, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper) are life-sized as they're meant to represent toy-cars, not real cars. Hence the super-deformed quality to their altmodes.

EDIT: just looked at my Soundwave and it actually SAYS on him what he changes into ;) "Stereo Microcassette Recorder"

Well the fans might get what they want yet. According to Don it might end up where at one point Soundwave is a helicopter that gets reformatted into a stereo (from what he implied a boom box) that ejects cd's that transform into his minions.

Basically everything is still fluid. Things are going to change a lot between what they have now and what the finished product will be. So it's still too early to be pissing and moaning about every little bit of news that comes out.

Ha! Well...I will always call him a walkman as I believe that fit better with the cartoon & he does fit the definition of a walkman. (A micro cassette player can always be a walkman but a walkman can't always be a micro cassette player...yadda..yadda. You know what I mean?)

Anyway - Who knows what crazy things we will see with the film. I'm going to see it, regardless. I just hope that it remains a true salute to the original cartoon.