New Ml Joes From Edmond

Bekker

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the interest guys,well not everbody liked them but Hey thats your right.I am a toy fan and not just a Joe fan so I will keep sharing if there is interest.

when you have these in your hands you will look at them in a different light,the pics just dont do them justice.And I really like that fact that they are not available to everyone,I am also glad that hasbro has not done them because they would not have done them like this.

They're not G.I.Joe! They're painted up to LOOK like'em, and that's about it! <_<

This should probably go in the ML forums, so the Joe fans don't get the drool of cross collectors on them!

@lol@

get my drool on you punk @smilepunch@

thanks for all the interest guys,well not everbody liked them but Hey thats your right.I am a toy fan and not just a Joe fan so I will keep sharing if there is interest.

when you have these in your hands you will look at them in a different light,the pics just dont do them justice.And I really like that fact that they are not available to everyone,I am also glad that hasbro has not done them because they would not have done them like this.

I agree, Hasbro couldn't do them that well. Old Hasbro could, but not the post-RAH Hasbro.

And thanks for sharing, they are all AWESOME!

They're not G.I.Joe!  They're painted up to LOOK like'em, and that's about it!  <_<

This should probably go in the ML forums, so the Joe fans don't get the drool of cross collectors on them!

I hope that Sarcasm VH,

Oh YEAH? What if it ain't? 4-boxing.gif

a lot of hard work went into these

No argument in that! ^_^

and they look JUST like the comic book versions of these characters.

I'm thinking.. MORE like the cartoon versions actually!

I'm obviously just being a sh@# here, due to the whole ML infatuation going on amongst SOME Joe collectors, and their desire to want to see G.I.Joes in the same style and scale, and it's obvious affect on the current state of MY favorite style and size of the cool little American Heros! @smilepunch@

They're not G.I.Joe!  They're painted up to LOOK like'em, and that's about it!  <_<

@lol@

get my drool on you punk @smilepunch@

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! biggrin.gif

While VH is being a bit more vocal about it than me, I have to agree with him. The customizing work is top notch, and the quality of the customs is apparent, but I just don't like them.

The limitations that are apparent because of the construction of the base figure is a real turn off (look at Zandar's waist line), and the ultra Super Hero physique bothers me. Also the shoulder design for several of the pieces I have seen is not anywhere near asthetically pleasing (again, look at Zandar).

I dunno', I may just still be bitter about last year's franken-joe crapola, or maybe it's just residual hate for Sigma Six but I can't make them float my boat, as much as I admire the work. Joe (as I know it) isn't really meant to be in that scale. The whole concept was that you were making figures small enough for "little Johnny" to carry several with him, and still make large detailed vehicles plausible and believable. When you take that away, you lose something that is fundamental to Joe in my mind.

Like I said, I respect the work, but hate the scale.

Alyosha i agree with you on the shoulders and the zandar is my least favorite because of them.I on the other hand really like the scale,but I also really like the small scale as well.

Like I said before you really have to see these in person to really see all the detail that they add.

There work and your work have to be my 2 favorite,I really want them to do a custom ml scale of your Zandar custom,but in this scale.

Really your work and theres is my favorite and because you guys do it in different scales thats what makes it cool to me.

By the way I would really like to get you to make me a snake eyes with the head you redid to look like the package art and to do a Zandar for me.

I am a collector of all kinds of toys,maybe thats why I like them so much,I am not just hung up on one line and trust me theres nothing wrong with those who are,sometimes i wish i was,I would save a #$## load of money.

alyosha I would really like to see you do a custom in this scale i think you would just kick azz.I will pay you to and give you what ever bass figures you think you would need.

Any body else think Al would be as good or better then these? I do and really bro would love to see how you fair at it.

damn those are sweet

The limitations that are apparent because of the construction of the base figure is a real turn off (look at Zandar's waist line), and the ultra Super Hero physique bothers me. Also the shoulder design for several of the pieces I have seen is not anywhere near asthetically pleasing (again, look at Zandar).

@lol@

you are complaining about the base figures when you make customs out of the crappiest toys ever! @lol@ (I mean GvC and VvV suck!)

Any body else think Al would be as good or better then these? I do and really bro would love to see how you fair at it.

honestly? No.. not to knock him, but I have never seen anybody do customs as good as Edmund.

honestly? No.. not to knock him, but I have never seen anybody do customs as good as Edmund.

I agree with Clam. However, I don't think Al is trying to be like the next ED. I think he is doing it for fun, while Ed does it for money. So, I think that is why Ed's work is a lot better. Besides, who is to know if Ed took sculpting classes.

Nah, your all wrong. I won't do it because it doesn't work for me.

I am not knocking the work, or detail, I just plain don't like them. The workmanship is really sharp, so that its not the point of contention for me, and it isn't a pissing contest either about who does better work. We both have different styles. He does idealized "comic" versions, I do stuff that looks like real factory pieces (I hope) when Hasbro's designers have their heads pulled out (if you know what I mean).

I do the small guys because for me, that's Joe. RAH, JvC, RAHC, VvV, hell even Sgt. Savage to an extent. The larger scale stuff is fine for superheroes and what have you. I have a complete set of Marvel Legends (and a few variants), and most of the LOTR line along with MOTU and various other things in that size, but I don't want my Joe stuff in that scale. It's just preference and as a child of the 70's and 80's it probably always will be that way. In my mind, actiuon figures should always be 4 inches tall.

To touch on a side note, I do sell things occasionally and take on commissions as well, but I only do that so I'll be able to buy things for myself. You will hardly ever see me sell a custom that I make for myself first (like Hit & Run or Flint). I have once or twice and have regretted almost immediately those times. I don't know Edmond and Noli, but it seems to me like they do customize for the cash, mostly and noteriety (Toyfare sure seems to love them).

Everything I know how to do has been a 20 plus year process of trial and error. I haven't had any specific formal training, unless you count public school art classes, and sure there are people that are far more skilled than I am, so I try to never downplay someone elses ability (although I have made that mistake once or twice).

I do this for the fun, and nothing else. When it's not fun, I don't. That's why you might not see me finish anything for several months at a time, and then BAM!, I finish 3 or 4 together.

@lol@

you are complaining about the base figures when you make customs out of the crappiest toys ever! @lol@ (I mean GvC and VvV suck!)

*looks at RAH then looks at GvC and VvV* Hmm which one sucks again? GvC and VvV all seem to look better to me*when done right* while RAH is old and overrated*except when done right with new sculpt heads*

Now on topic, those things fugging ROCK, awesome work that guy does, this is what Hasbro should be doing instead of Sigma 6....

:D

The limitations that are apparent because of the construction of the base figure is a real turn off (look at Zandar's waist line), and the ultra Super Hero physique bothers me.  Also the shoulder design for several of the pieces I have seen is not anywhere near asthetically pleasing (again, look at Zandar). 

@lol@

What's odd about you saying that, is that all the things that SUCK about the appearance of these ML figures, painted up and customized to LOOK like classic RAH characters, are things that you would have indicated are the reason why you think JvC and VvV figures SUCK!

Whacky super hero proportions, skin tight outfits and big-ass ball joints for hips & shoulders and NO O-RING!

If these ML figures were scaled down to 3 3/4" size, looking like they do NOW....they'd be ugly as hell and we'd be rippin'em apart like crazy, for even WORSE reasons than what we express our gripes over the JvC and VvV "flaws" and things that bug us.