"the End"

ssdsus

After a year in exile, the Internet Comic guys are back with an all-new story. A small team of Joes invade Cobra Mountain hunting for Cobra's top officers!

Find out what happens in "The End," a story sure to give the fans what they want =)

Check it out at:

http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com/theend01.html

Louis

GI Joe: The Internet Comics

http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com/

No, no. See, if I worked for Devil's Due, I'd reintroduce long forgotten characters just to kill them off 5 pages later. Which teaches us that in war, only unimportant and unpopular soldiers die. :rolleyes:

Devil's Due's problem isn't that they are killing so many Joes. It's war, people die. WHO they kill is the problem. Some characters seem completely bulletproof, while other guys come out of nowhere only to get blown away. I had the same problem with Hama's run. Either decide that there will be no death, or make death an integral part of the story. Marvel and Devil's Due killed off a bunch of vehicle drivers and other largely forgotten characters. What's the point? My story does what they wish they could do, kill people who have been a huge part of everything. Characters Hasbro would never let them off.

That's about as un-Devil's Due as someone could get. #US1#

You still killed off characters that people liked and werent yours to kill. That alone is Devils Due-like. The story could have gone without so much heroic blood spilled.

Dotnt give me that "Its war people die" cop-out. That only applies to reality. If reality was so wonderful we wouldnt HAVE fiction. I dont get my jollies watching characters Ive grown up with getting whacked mercilessly.

Snake-Eyes ansd Storm Shadow qould never, ever have allowed themselves to die like that. They have far too much skill to let themselves get killed. Your story overlooked that.

Then you make Scarlett throw in the towel and quit. Shes no quitter. No matter what the losses are.

By your argument, only the creator of a character has a right to tell a story in which someone dies. Preposterous. If I wanted to make a fanfic where Batman dies, I need to ask Bob Kane for permission?

Every fan writer has their own universe and continuity. In mine, no Joe or Cobra is a superhero. They can and will die. That's not a cop-out. Saying because it's fiction no one ever dies is also not a cop-out. It's an opinion. You want comic book GI Joes, where no hero dies and if they do, they are resurrected soon after. Some of us like a little more reality in our GI Joe. We want it to somewhat reflect the military it is based on. It makes no sense to me telling a story where only the bad guys or second tier characters can die. That's not even close to reality.

Even the best fighter makes mistakes. That is not a lack of skill. His concern for Scarlett made him momentarily distracted. And Storm Shadow simply gives up, that also wasn't from lack of skill.

Scarlett doen't "throw in the towel and quit" at the end of the story. She is in mourning. She has no needed revenge, so she has no outlet for her pain. Wouldn't it be a diservice to Snake Eyes if she was unaffected?

Regardless, it's just fanfic. It's my comic in my universe. Nothing to get so upset about.

Guest A-MAN

Heh. It's what I wanted. Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow have become tiresome. One or both need to go. Hasbro and Hama solved it simply enough by making Storm Shadow quit Cobra and become a Joe. Then Hama did that brainwashing storyline and did not get to finish it (he never meant for Storm Shadow to remain a cobra). Then current Hasbro and Devil's Due muck it all up in an attempt to reboot the mythos.

I didnt like it, not because Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow died, but because the story line itself was merely a device used to kill them. There was no real plot or story telling other than oooooh look snake eyes is dead...

Pretty impressive stuff! I was getting into it and thought it was pretty cool! ^_^

I view this as no different than somebody taking their action figures and making a dio for us. If they kill off a bunch of Joes in it, that's no hair off my scrotum. Hell, Chazz makes some of the bloddiest mini-dios out there, and it's all cool! ;)

For a real short story, you packed'er full of action.

#US1#

By your argument, only the creator of a character has a right to tell a story in which someone dies.  Preposterous.  If I wanted to make a fanfic where Batman dies, I need to ask Bob Kane for permission?

Why would you want to make one? With regular appearances in a dozen books, its not like more Batman stories need to be told anyway. In fact he gets far too much exposure if you ask me.

Some of us like a little more reality in our GI Joe.  We want it to somewhat reflect the military it is based on.  It makes no sense to me telling a story where only the bad guys or second tier characters can die.  That's not even close to reality.

SCREW REALITY. Tons and tons of stories where only villains and second tier characters die are not only made every year, but generate lots of success and a sizeable fan following. GI Joe is escapist fantasy. If I want REAL LIFE war grittiness I can go plenty of places for that. Ever hear of CNN. I dont have this sick twisted little fascination with death.

GI Joe is about heroes not only triumphing over incredible odds, but surviving them because they are the shining examples of the best of American ideals. The pinacle of our militarys know-how and skill. You kill Snake-Eyes, youre killing one of the most vital, integral flagship iconic characters of the line. You take away part of what makes GI Joe Gi Joe.

Screw death, we got WAY too much of that in real life, which I must remind you GI JOE isnt.

Even the best fighter makes mistakes.  That is not a lack of skill.  His concern for Scarlett made him momentarily distracted.  And Storm Shadow simply gives up, that also wasn't from lack of skill.

Ah, its great to rationalize, isnt it? Admit it, you just have it in for Snake-Eyes and Stormshadow. Geez. Even I wouldnt have killed off Kamakura, and I care very little for that character. I dont like Barrel-Roll much either, but I wouldnt wish that brutal death on anyone who might actually LIKE him.

You want blood, thats why Vipers are there. But you leave the ICONS alone.

Scarlett doen't "throw in the towel and quit" at the end of the story.  She is in mourning.  She has no needed revenge, so she has no outlet for her pain.  Wouldn't it be a diservice to Snake Eyes if she was unaffected?

Wouldnt it be an even BIGGER disservice to Snake-Eyes if she just caved in and started crying like a little girl the way you made her? Its a slap in the face to Scarlett and her fans to make her just cave in like some weakling and not continue fighting the good fight. Snake-Eyes wouldnt want that. Thats a disservice to a strong female character whose earned a loyal fan following. Cobra still exists, thats enough impetus to go out and make absolutely sure they wouldnt hurt anyone ever again.

Scarlett has more strength than that. You turned her into a quitter

Regardless, it's just fanfic.  It's my comic in my universe.  Nothing to get so upset about.

You killed off two of my favorite characters and degraded a third into a weepy little crybaby quitter. Im just standing up for a childhood memory I think youre doing a tremendous disservice to with your gratuitous little bloodbath.

The 1st panel of the comic was hard to read for me since there were some speeling errors and because the words seems jumbled up to one another "liket hi s." Anyways, I agree on Doc where the story was just a way to kill two characters. The plot was lame at best. I mean, what is Gi joes motive to blow up Cobra mountain now besides being in a way for a long, long time? Where is Cobra Commander and mostly, what was going on? It was mostly more me, "Snakes-eyes, follow me....Snake-eyes do this," type of dialoge.

However, I don't agree on Doc of where popular characters are invincible. Some popular characters like Quick Kick and others died, but I think they died with meaning. SS and SE seems to died in vain even though I am bored of these two character. However, I don't think either of the two will have the guts to kill each other no matter what. Even if they do, one of them will have grief and will cause them pain. I imagine SS and Se died together, stopping a nuclear reactor from going off or fighting a horde of elite cobra troopers while the other party of the joe group stops Cobra Commander.

I also think Scarlett wouldn't cuss at SS like that and would probably kill herself afterwards or something.

You have to remember that SE and SS are brothers in spirit despite biology. I think they should have a more heroic or worthy death than that.

Ah, its great to rationalize, isnt it? Admit it, you just have it in for Snake-Eyes and Stormshadow. Geez. Even I wouldnt have killed off Kamakura, and I care very little for that character. I dont like Barrel-Roll much either, but I wouldnt wish that brutal death on anyone who might actually LIKE him.

Wouldnt it be an even BIGGER disservice to Snake-Eyes if she just caved in and started crying like a little girl the way you made her?

Cobra still exists, thats enough impetus to go out and make absolutely sure they wouldnt hurt anyone ever again.

You killed off two of my favorite characters and degraded a third into a weepy little crybaby quitter. Im just standing up for a childhood memory I think youre doing a tremendous disservice to with your gratuitous little bloodbath.

I'm not sure why I need to defend a fanfic but.....

So, you don't like to see any Joes die in a Joe comic? You're still mad that General Flagg died 20 years ago?

I can't believe you can't respect a comic book character because she is in mourning. Is that how you handle people dying? Or do you take some time to deal with it?

Next time I write a story, I'll ask you if I can tell it. Clearly your beef is that I killed your two favorite characters in a brutal fashion.

Yes, the plot was weak, yes it needed to be fleshed out more. It took us almost a year to make this book, adding more dialogue or art would have taken longer. The lack of a in-depth plot has never stopped Devil's Due from publishing a comic. I still don't know what the hell is going on in that series.

This story was a direct response to a lot of what I read online in various forums. A LOT of people have had enough of these two characters. And if you look at this forum and others, you will see that the response to this book is overwhelmingly positive. Just because you don't want to see a book where they die doesn't mean that most people don't. I have no axe to grind, and killing Snake Eyes was hard for me. Storm Shadow is a total waste of a character at this point as far as I'm concerned, so that was a bit easier. Devil's Due totally ruined him time and again.

Guys, it's fanfic. Like it, don't like it.....it's FREE. Didn't cost you a penny. So please ease up a little. Thanks.

Louis