Omac

synch

Yea I was wondering if they are gona do that too! They just gota bring back BB ! :) His death otherwise just seemed so... so... FORCED!

The original OMAC (One Man Army Corps) took place in an alternate future and had no direct connection to the DCU of the time. It did have a connection with Kamandi though I believe. It was a short lived series, but we have seen the OMAC show up in a couple of Elseworlds and such (Superman Batman Generations). I think the new OMAC Project will be showing us the origins of this secret millitary program and will connect the DCU with the OMAC concept, though I wouldn't expect anything from the old run to have any effect on it.

Two other things.

1. There is an issue of DC Comics presents where Superman teams up with the old OMAC somehow. Been too long since I read it to remember what happened.

2. Superboy 1,000,000 shown in the DC 1,000,000 event looked like the old OMAC.

Omac was an old hero, one who I have not found much info on, lol. There's some speculation that the Blue Beetle will become the new Omac soon.

Of course, there's about the same amount of speculation that he'll become the Spectre's new host. Really, anything goes at this point. I really hope he doesn't become "Buddy Blank" though, since it would pretty much require Ted to stay brain dead.

OMAC and Kamandi were both Jack Kirby projects, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that they're related storywise somehow as well.

One of the most interesting things I've seen about the upcoming OMAC thing though is the poster that says "It was supposed to be Batman's greatest weapon". "Tower of Babel" was a big story in JLA a couple years ago, showing how Batman had come up with ways to defeat the whole league if they went rogue...it looks like this may be how he came up with those files. What's more is that it looks like the league screwing with his head was the reason it happened in the first place. It puts an interesting spin on a story that just kinda pissed me off at the time.