Tru Reissues "on Hiatus"

DPrime

This is being reported on all the other TF forums - can't remember where it first came from. Anyway, kind of funny... we knew something was up, and this is apparently the official word. Which means they're planning on revisiting them maybe?

Others had said that the movie, once it rolls around, will generate more interest in G1, and I'd have to agree.

It's funny though... "hiatus" is the same word Hasbro used to describe the upcoming absence of 3 3/4" GI Joes, too.

yup, sux. should have seen sideswipe and the rest of the dang seekers... wankers.

that's why i'm taking issues into my own hands and making my own reissues (youll see what i mean soon).

ONE THING! if they wait to reissue a lot of the ones that takara does, then they won't sell as well because everyone will already have the ones they want... and won't shell out $30 to get them again... then the cycle continues... GRRRRRRR

Well I'm not surprised in the least, but at least there's still the superior and better variety of the Takara reissues :)

Frankly, we knew the TRU reissues weren't doing all that great and hopefully when the movie comes out, there'll be enough interest to have more reissues.

But like I said, Takara reissues are better and we're able to get Megatron, Soundwave, Insecticons etc. etc.

Who cares, most people bought Takara anyways. Anyone who liked G1 knew Takara had the better product leaving the Americian Commem Series for kids and non TF fans basically (with a few exceptions) Its no wonder the line is stopped since the only tine they sell is when they are discounted to $15

yup, sux. should have seen sideswipe and the rest of the dang seekers... wankers.

that's why i'm taking issues into my own hands and making my own reissues (youll see what i mean soon).

ONE THING! if they wait to reissue a lot of the ones that takara does, then they won't sell as well because everyone will already have the ones they want... and won't shell out $30 to get them again... then the cycle continues... GRRRRRRR

im interested

Sideswipe huh?! Hes out now isn't he ?.. :S

THis does not surprise me at the least... I wonder if perhaps hasbro is playing it smart this time around & doing this , so that they can give the reissuses out to any store that wants them... rather than just tru who allways has em over priced...

Canada got Sideswipe, but for some unknown reason, Hasbro never released it in the US like a pack of morons.

BHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WE FINALY GOT AN @can@ EXCLUSIVE @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

LMAO that just cracks me right up :)

even more so with you guys moaning & groaning about not being able to get em :D Welcome to our world!! @can@

Yeah - the only reason I bought the TRU stuff was to buy the non-mass reissues by Takara - notably Hoist, Grapple, Bluestreak, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Dirge as well as Red Alert.

I passed on all the others since I bought the Takara versions...

so the last ones to come out were skids, ricocchet & sideswipe??? (depending on where you are of course)

astrotrain never came out right?

what i liked about the tru was the thrill of being able to go into a store and buy a g1 and have that excitement. as opposed to buying online and waiting for it to come in the mail.

like i recall when i first heard about the tru re-issues. i had to play catch up and was running around trying to get them. and i bought ultra magnus, starscream & hot rod at once (primes were sold out everywhere) and it was a thrill. like i was 10 again.

Well, i guess it's on hold for a while...I just want Thrust & Ramjet..& I will be Happy...forget the rest...just finish the cloneheads....

It's like having devastator without it's arms....or legs... incomplete...

I'm willing to bet they're gonna give them a break for a while, then bring them back as Collectors Club store exclusives. Should see prices closer to MSRP rather than the higher TRU prices.

If youre talking about MasterCollector, odd are theyll hike the price up higher than TRU.

What they ought to do is re-launch a mass market retail with competitive prices. An Autobot car shouldnt cost more than $20, tops.