Grand Moff Tarkin

Chromeboy

Well, I don't think he's a "Grand Moff" in this film. (Whatever that is - they always call him Governor in the actual movie.)

I'd love to see a cameo by someone less known... Like a Lt. Piett or something like that. Cool that Tarkin's in it though! (And not a little brat like all the others!)

hmp that is interesting :) Thanks for posting! Thats a great list/pic archive I wana find something like that but for the starwars comics!!

Man, why are figures from earlyer numbers in collection 1/2 all spit up?.. Wouldn't it make sense to have 1-13 whatever all in collection one in order?!.. Just what the heck are the case ratios for all these anyways?!

hmp that is interesting :) Thanks for posting! Thats a great list/pic archive I wana find something like that but for the starwars comics!!

Man, why are figures from earlyer numbers in collection 1/2 all spit up?.. Wouldn't it make sense to have 1-13 whatever all in collection one in order?!.. Just what the heck are the case ratios for all these anyways?!

I was wondering the exact same thing about the numbering as well Synch. It's actually kind of annoying too.

hmp that is interesting :)  Thanks for posting!    Thats a great list/pic archive I wana find something like that but for the starwars comics!!
http://www.rebelscum.com/comicbooks.asp

Spoilers...

I believe Tarkin's (played by Wayne Pygram (Farscape)) title in ROTS is 'Regional Governor of the Outer Rim Territories'.

hey thanks for that comic link! Who makes the current starwars comics? dark horse right?..hmmm dang can't find any books based on the new jedi order there...

• 1 month later...
Spoilers...

Tarkin's (played by Wayne Pygram (Farscape)) title in ROTS is 'Regional Governor of the Outer Rim Territories'.

You know, when I read the early reviews (ie: Tarkin's 'limited' cameo), I wondered why they even bothered casting a known actor insted of just cgi-ing the character. Was more planned? Was footage cut? Or, could this be a verrrrry early preview of the tv series?? I wonder if he could really look/sound enough like Cushing?? @hmmm@

Spoilers...

Tarkin's (played by Wayne Pygram (Farscape)) title in ROTS is 'Regional Governor of the Outer Rim Territories'.

You know, when I read the early reviews (ie: Tarkin's 'limited' cameo), I wondered why they even bothered casting a known actor insted of just cgi-ing the character. Was more planned? Was footage cut? Or, could this be a verrrrry early preview of the tv series?? I wonder if he could really look/sound enough like Cushing?? @hmmm@

interesting ....... I thought Tarkin was a CGI character.....looked like a CGI to me!

Spoilers...

interesting ....... I thought Tarkin was a CGI character.....looked like a CGI to me!

Nope, it was a real actor (one of the only ones in the movie, haha) with added prosthetics around the cheeks.

Spoilers...

Well I got my own theory that he was thrown in there cause he will be the main villian in the TV show. Since we can't have Vader or the Emperor on a daily basies and Pygram has proven he is an amazing villian type actor. I really hope I'm right, cause Pygram's Tarkin could be a close as McGregors Obi-Wan.

Spoilers...

Well I got my own theory that he was thrown in there cause he will be the main villian in the TV show. Since we can't have Vader or the Emperor on a daily basies and Pygram has proven he is an amazing villian type actor. I really hope I'm right, cause Pygram's Tarkin could be a close as McGregors Obi-Wan.

That's a great theory. He was awesome as Scorpius and he'll make an excellent Tarkin.

Well, I don't think he's a "Grand Moff" in this film. (Whatever that is - they always call him Governor in the actual movie.)

I'd love to see a cameo by someone less known... Like a Lt. Piett or something like that. Cool that Tarkin's in it though! (And not a little brat like all the others!)

You're correct good sir, he's a Moff, Grand Moff's have three yellow squares on thier Rank badges and this one has 2 so he hasn't been promoted yet

BTW funny you should mention other imperials in the film. In the novelization (which I HIGHLY recommend getting, alot more substance and cut scenes in it) while Anakin, Obi and Palpatine are trying to get to their ship, Grevious gets hailed for a ceasefire by.....Lt. Commander Needa (the Captain in Empire Vader choked to death!). I was hoping the scene would be in the movie but you never know could make its way to DVD

Spoilers...

That's a great theory. He was awesome as Scorpius and he'll make an excellent Tarkin.

Oh yeah.....when I heard Pygram was to be Tarkin I was very excited. I was a little let down with how little screen time he got. He'll make an amazing Tarkin, completely dead on.

And Having Tarkin be the main villian makes a lot of sense to me on different levels. One there is only few things left that need to be moved forward. I mean Yoda is on Dagobah, Obi-Wan is on Tantooine, The Emperor is in power and Vader is his willing apperentice/enforcer. They are all where they need to be. But contiuned evoleing of Clonetroopers into Stormtroopers, the change from Republic Star Destroyers to Imperial Star Destroyers, Jedi Starfighters to Tie Fighters...the Rebellion's formation.....all this stuff wasn't explored and It would make a lot of sense to focus more on the Military part of all that, IE Tarkin, then to focus on Jedi and Siths. Not to say I wouldn't want them to show up....When Obi-Wan turned off the Beacon is was a clearly thrown in there so they'd have some Jedi for the TV show, but I don't think they should be the focus.