Con Destro Officially Revealed

robot_sonic

so, why is Destro (the commander of the IG's, owner of MARS) the most heavily armed of the bunch? You would think that the grunts would have the rocket launchers and Destro would have a sword, perhaps a handgun.

I think that I will use this Destro as Alexander and use the original IG Destro as Destro.

Holy crap is that ever ugly. And to think I was complaining about the comic pack Destro last week!!!

I'll be passing on this... thing.

I agree, and think the con sets keep getting from bad to worst. When considering what they charge, they could put fourth a little more effort to do a good job.

Well I guess I'm very much alone in really liking these figs, which is fine by me :)

nope not alone bro, i love em

I Love the The Anvils and Metal head in this set. Destro is kind of ugly but so what, use V2 Destro. The Iron grenadiers while not better than the originals, they can be mixed in with them. I dont know if its worth buying this set outright or buying the anvils and Metal Head loose on ebay. Ill have to see what General Mayhem and the Box art looks like.

Yeah, I echo the sentiments that have been stated by several others here. For the amount of money (about $13.50 per figure using their "discount") that Mastercollector is charging (given the relative costs involved since the molds have been paid for long ago) you'd think that they could afford to pay someone to do a better job designing the paint apps. Same goes for the whole set pretty much, another missed opportunity.

Well I guess I'm very much alone in really liking these figs, which is fine by me :)

nope not alone bro, i love em

Me too. I am growing very tired of all this MC bashing. Its to the point that I think that a lot of people just say they don't like them to say it. So its really getting old, so much its driving me away from this board. Oh well I think its the best set they have done yet. The Crimson was good but the Viper was over used imo.

Draven

Why is his Helmet gold?  :huh:

Seriously???? If so its gold because the original IG's Destro had a gold helmet.

Draven

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's rich.

@propeller@ - Sam

And he's scottish.............lol

Draven

I am growing very tired of all this MC bashing. Its to the point that I think that a lot of people just say they don't like them to say it. So its really getting old, so much its driving me away from this board.

Hey now! No need to talk like THAT! ^_^

There's not much of anything that is immune to some form of "bashing" in this business, whether it's the toys, the makers of said toys or even the other collectors of said toys! @lol@

I can appreciate an individuals loyalty, but I'd hope nobody here, that's a memberof MC, suddenly feels compelled to demonstrate such loyalty to THEM, by wanting to leave this site, because of some less than glowing comments about the club or it's exclusives.

don't like the contrast of gold from his chest plate and helmet.

also i was hoping for a more "formal" or "ceremonial" looking destro like the V2. don't like the fact that destro is packing so much hardware like he's some freakin' trooper and i think the chest armor is a bit too much. i'm kinda disappointed but will defiantely still get the set.

I am growing very tired of all this MC bashing. Its to the point that I think that a lot of people just say they don't like them to say it. So its really getting old, so much its driving me away from this board.

Hey now! No need to talk like THAT! ^_^

There's not much of anything that is immune to some form of "bashing" in this business, whether it's the toys, the makers of said toys or even the other collectors of said toys! @lol@

I can appreciate an individuals loyalty, but I'd hope nobody here, that's a memberof MC, suddenly feels compelled to demonstrate such loyalty to THEM, by wanting to leave this site, because of some less than glowing comments about the club or it's exclusives.

For the record I am not a member. I just am tired of all the negativity in general in the Joe community. Its no one in paticular. I just am trying to distense myself from it for now.

Draven

For the record I am not a member. I just am tired of all the negativity in general in the Joe community. Its no one in paticular. I just am trying to distense myself from it for now.

Draven

Well, I can understand the feeling I guess, but you had to just know, that all this negativity would come about from the news of the cancellation?

Over the years, we've all been thru the various situations like T-crotchs, JvC, Spy Troops, Sound Attack, Pea-headed, bow-legged, funky-ass proportions, Hasbro putting an end to our ability to continue getting Funskool figures from India, unifying the logo and the whole fiasco over websites using the term G.I.Joe in it somewhere, because MOMS were getting confused about it when shopping for Joes for their "kiddies" :rolleyes: (like THAT ever really happened...hypothetical BS, IMO) I mean, there's probably more that I'm leaving out, but there's always been something stupid and ridiculous being done, that pisses off the Joe fans, either with regard to the toys themselves, or the attitude of Hasbro and their wannabe "insiders".

I don't know how ANYONE could not be somewhat skeptical, considering all the letdowns and other crap we've put up with, all the while hoping they get SOMETHING going in the right direction (and consistently) with these toys.

YEah VH I agree with you on a lot. I am just so happy with my other collections so I am not going to let the negativity drag me down. I noticed I was souring on all things Joe because of it and I won't let that happen, so I try and stay away from it now.

Draven

I don't know how ANYONE could not be somewhat skeptical, considering all the letdowns and other crap we've put up with, all the while hoping they get SOMETHING going in the right direction (and consistently) with these toys.

I'm not feeling skeptical at all.

Mostly because I've seen all of this before--ever since the 60's Joes.

GIJOE has come and gone and come back again so many times(and in so many forms)...........that getting upset at this cycle is like getting upset at the moonlight for taking up half the daylight

I don't see ANY of it as a letdown--because sooner or later we all get handed back something we LIKE.

True, its not ALL what we like, but whatever is in life?

I'm not feeling skeptical at all.

Mostly because I've seen all of this before--ever since the 60's Joes.

GIJOE has come and gone and come back again so many times(and in so many forms)...........that getting upset at this cycle is like getting upset at the moonlight for taking up half the daylight

I don't see ANY of it as a letdown--because sooner or later we all get handed back something we LIKE.

True, its not ALL what we like, but whatever is in life?

I was out of the loop when all the fiasco went down regarding the 12" line from back in the day, and didn't take up an interest in collecting, till I happened upon the new 3 3/4" line, which I'll admit, i thought was a joke at first, just because of the extreme difference in what I knew to be G.I.Joe.

It wasn't long before the more I saw of them, the more I liked the combination of the little green army men aspect, with the poseablity of the G.I.Joes, and I was compelled to start a collection, since I played with BOTH types of army men toys.

I wasn't aware of what was going on in '94 when the line ended, but after the long run of the ARAH, I just figured it was fizzling out and the 12" line was coming BACK. Besides, there was no internet, online community then, to stir up the controversy and debate about it.

It's all pretty different now, where we can express pretty much EVERY thought we have about EVERYTHING to do with the hobby and the toys. Whether it's good, bad or somewhere in between, we get it all.

The scenario may be old hat, but the ability to communicate with other fans about it, is all new...to me. The disappointments experienced in those earlier disappearances of Joe, that we COULDN'T vent like this over, likely contribute a little more, to the venomous nature of some of our rants. It's a pile on of all past aggressions against us fans! @lol@

I know you prefer to keep a cool head though, and I respect that, so I'm not looking to dispute your position you're taking. I know my "angry" position is less popular, and pretty pointless and unaffecting of anything, but if it's ALL I can do....then there it is! :)