Speculation Time?

Prowl

Well, the thread says it all...who do you think will perish in the DCU series up to and including Infinite Crisis?

Beetle's gone, but we all know he's not going to be the last character to be killed off so name who you think will not make it....

Here's what I think:

In a stunning reversal, Wally West will sacrifice himself and it will lead to the return of the greatest Flash, Barry Allen.

People think it's far fetched but the rumor mill has been rumbling about Barry. Remember that nobody thought Hal would ever return either. Infinite Crisis would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Barry.

I can see them killing off WW, not really killing her off but having her become like, an god or something... Flash I'd hate to see go I like him too much... I can see hawkman biting it with the war & all...

I'd say batman should die but its not like they can ever do that... perhaps nightwing?... :S alas I can allso see them offing the green arrow :( Personaly I think killing off heros is lame cause they just come back sooner or latter... I like it when they get rid of a charecter but leave his death in dout so you never really know... Much like how they just got rid of the jugy in the x-men books... being sucked up into some kinda void & all ...

Nah, it won't be Ollie; they just brought him back. I'd say it'll be someone like Zatanna or Martian Manhunter. The main characters have already been down that road - Superman, Wonder Woman & GA died, Aquaman & Flash went missing and presumed dead, Batman's back was broken, Green Lantern turned evil...not much more left to do with the big guns.

MMH though I would miss I could live with out as well :) So yup hes a perfectttt choice :D same with hawkman & yes zatanna as well... heck I'd bet some cold hard cash that dr light or his team may even off her...

Guy wont die, ###### Johns has plans for him.

Hawkman however, is slated to die during the Rann/Thangarian war. It's kinda dumb to kill him tho since they waisted a lot of time brining him back as well.

Then someone's body is suppose to be found already dead in Gotham and no one knows who it is yet. My speculation is probably someone from the Bat family, but I do not know who.

I only know this stuff because I have been paying attention to the advanced solicits in Previews, Wizard, and reading future DC issues. heh :)

I'm with Jay Garrick....enough of an emtional heart breaker for readers and at the same time he is kind of redundant with all the speedsters around.

It could be pretty cool too, with him giving Wally and Bart parting words of wisdom that draw them together as family once and for all.

Heroes dying in comics is such a big let down. I mean writers can't tell decent enough stories without having to kill someone to make an "impact". The writer is NEVER remembered that killed of a certain hero but everyone will remember the heroes sacrifice/death. Then they are just gonna bring him back and f'up his origin by doing it. I mean seriously is their anyone left who HASN'T died and come back? What happened to the day when we would buy a comic and it would just focus on someone like the Hulk beating the crap outta some bad guy or Superman and his private battles with his identity at work/Lois. I just wanna see "superheroes" being "super" not dying or crying over AIDS or hunger in Africa. Those are important issues but I read comics to escape that real world stuff. I don't need to know how Batman would tackle HIV it Dick Grayson had it or some other lame story like that. Sheesh if I wanna read about death and that crap I can pick up the newspaper. @soap@ #WTF# :OT: @cussing@ #enlighten@

Then someone's body is suppose to be found already dead in Gotham and no one knows who it is yet. My speculation is probably someone from the Bat family, but I do not know who.

I've heard it's the Huntress...

One of the recent solicits mentioned a kid in a Robin suit, but we are not supposed to know who it is. It could be just some kid who put on a similar suit. Not supposed to be Tim Drake.

Another recent solicit states that Hawkman IS dead. Not sure when this happens.

I agree with Hyperion. Death in comics sucks. If you want it, read a paper. Let me have my escapism.

I would like to Booster Gold to die but in an all out cool way.

ala becoming the next blue beetle, & avenging teds death only to die in the end him self? :) I think his death would indeed suck, much like teds, how ever since ted died at the start it would be fitting for booster to die at the end :D

& yes, good points above! Its a shame we can't get this much charecter in just the regular comics out of these people... Whys it someone have to die just to bring it out in them?...

bruce wayne should die , or atleast get grey hair , that bastard is immortal, I really hope if they do bring back some of these old characters that they get rid of some to balance it out.