Beetle's Death

LiquidMetal

So Maxwell Lord blew Blue Beetle's brains out....

I just wanted to know: Why was Beetle wearing his old costume in DC Countdown??

Why did they give him a new look for JLA Classified if they knew he was gonna die soon after?? :huh:

Is JLA Classified a different reality/continuity than DC Countdown??

@hmmm@ Max Lord is obviously alot less evil in JLA Classified.....

Countdown Max = @firedevil@

Since when has he been able to control people's minds, by the way??

I guess that takes care of everything I was wonderin' about....

Wonder if we'll see a NEW Blue Beetle someday soon :unsure:....

oh well, 'till then....R.I.P Ted Kord!!! :(

#US1#

back in the Justice League International days Max Lord first displayed his ability in "pushing' someone to do something. I believe this occured right after the Invasion.

In regards to Blue Beetle's costume what happened in Countdown was present time. The events that occured in JL Classified is sometime in the past right after Formerly Known as the Justice League.

And i believe you are right in that there will be a new Blue Beetle soon..probably spinning out of Countdown.

back in the Justice League International days Max Lord first displayed his ability in "pushing' someone to do something. I believe this occured right after the Invasion.

In regards to Blue Beetle's costume what happened in Countdown was present time. The events that occured in JL Classified is sometime in the past right after Formerly Known as the Justice League.

And i believe you are right in that there will be a new Blue Beetle soon..probably spinning out of Countdown.

that sucks!!! :angry:....I thought there was a chance Ted would still be alive somehow @grumpy@ ....

Anyway, personally, I'm kinda lookin' forward to seein' a new BB!!! :D

I hope he or she will have a cool, sleek, new costume!!! @cool@

AND maybe some actual SUPER powers too, like the original Blue Beetle!!! @firedevil@

Ted's dinky gun kinda sucked!!! :P

#US1#

so if he is a villian how come Booster and Beetle were having lunch with him? interesting

Yes that was the entire point of the comic... that they didn't know who was in charge of all this hidden files n junk... BB found out & got killed for it... I wonder if batman will side with them... Most likely not since he killed BB but still... hes pretty POED at the league...

Liked the book except for the end and one theme. Seemed like it was a major slam at the JLI era. The JL of that era was NOT ineffective. It was just portrayed differently (and I liked it).

As for the end, Max seemed out of character. He's never been really evil. Power hungry maybe, but not evil. "Saving Earth for the humans" - what is this Marvel? "Protecting A world that fears and hates us?" - sounds like XMen to me. What's next, a Sentinel project? Puh-lease, let's keep those things at Marvel where they belong.

Beetle's last decision was also out of character. He would have agreed to work with the villain in order to survive, warn the heroes, and turn the tables on him later.

Killing Ted was lame. Just like killing Donna Troy in graduation Day was lame. They could have easily set up the new groups of Teen Titans and Outsiders without her dying.

Dan DiDio - in the editorial two pages from the end - calls Beetle a "fan favorite" who will be missed. IF he is a fan favorite, why not capitolize on it and put him in some comics and on some covers and sell some comics and make DC some money? Having him die makes no sense if he can make the company money. Why make him the star of a story in a book which no one know he is in?

I'll miss Ted. I'll think about how stupid and unnecessary the end was. Just like when Donna Troy died. Just like when Ice died back in the JLI days. Oh, and the person responsible for that admitted it was a bad idea years ago.

Liked the book except for the end and one theme. Seemed like it was a major slam at the JLI era. The JL of that era was NOT ineffective. It was just portrayed differently (and I liked it).

As for the end, Max seemed out of character. He's never been really evil. Power hungry maybe, but not evil. "Saving Earth for the humans" - what is this Marvel? "Protecting A world that fears and hates us?" - sounds like XMen to me. What's next, a Sentinel project? Puh-lease, let's keep those things at Marvel where they belong.

Beetle's last decision was also out of character. He would have agreed to work with the villain in order to survive, warn the heroes, and turn the tables on him later.

Killing Ted was lame. Just like killing Donna Troy in graduation Day was lame. They could have easily set up the new groups of Teen Titans and Outsiders without her dying.

Dan DiDio - in the editorial two pages from the end - calls Beetle a "fan favorite" who will be missed. IF he is a fan favorite, why not capitolize on it and put him in some comics and on some covers and sell some comics and make DC some money? Having him die makes no sense if he can make the company money. Why make him the star of a story in a book which no one know he is in?

I'll miss Ted. I'll think about how stupid and unnecessary the end was. Just like when Donna Troy died. Just like when Ice died back in the JLI days. Oh, and the person responsible for that admitted it was a bad idea years ago.

while Beetle maybe dead at the moment I think his popularity will be at a high it hasnt been for a long time due to the exposure. I think its a smart move by dc , because people can get interested by a character dying , but they can go grab books like JLA Classified and still read about the character. I have a feeling Infinite Crisis may shake things up abit though , so I wouldnt count on Beetle staying away for too long.

I agree with Superfriend. the tone of th ebook was majorly condescending toward the JLI era and it's fans. They weren't "ineffective" at all. In fact, the whole point was taht you didn't have to be "A-List" to be a hero. The did a lot of good in their day and it's a shame. No wonder Keith Giffen went to work for Marvel.

One thing to remember about Max is that at one point he died too. His brain was transplanted into the robotic body of an Extremist (old JLI villains), This might have caused a shift in his personality, or maybe the shift is more recent (he mentions this in the JLA Classified #5). Anyway, I think it sucks taht Max has gone bad but it could be easily explained if they bother to do it.

Blue Beetle's death ticks me off but I'm holding out hope for a return and NOT as the Spectre hopefully. Remember how it said that Booster knows the future? He seemed to know something about the scarab and I think we'll see Beetle return soon. Max might resurrect him as an OMAC too. We'll just have to wait and see but Ted better not be gone for good. If he is, I just might have to think up a new acronym.

With the whole scarab thing with Wizard Shazam, I think Blue Beetle in some form will return in Days of Vengence.

Hopefully, he'll look like what he did in Kingdom Come. Now that's a slick suit!

possibly the new host for the spectre? not really sure this would have the right persona for the spectre but tis a possibility....over all I was quite happy with the issue....really cranked up my interest in the miniseries to follow!

Jeff of the North

I know everyone is speculating about the Spectre but DC needs to realize something: A Superhero will not make a good host for the Spectre. Superheroes have high morals and ideals. Most of them do not kill and are interested in preventing harm. the Spectre is ultra-violent with a more Biblical sense of justice. He is also reactionary, seeking only vengeance for those who have been murdered. This is why Hal and Spectre argued all the time and it weakened the concept. They need to use someone with a more Spectre-like attitude. Better yet, just bring back old Jim Corrigan and fix the whole freaking mess.

At the end of John Ostrander's Spectre run Jim was given the choice to enter Heaven and he chose to do so. That's really it. He felt his work was done.

Unfortunately, that led to the ill-conceived idea of making Hal the Spectre, actually based in part on the fact that both characters wore Green.

I know BB got shot in the head but don't automatically assume he's dead. People have survived gunshot wounds to the head before. I think that if he did survive, the scarab will probably be used to heal him & hopefully give him some powers such as bulletproof skin for his sake. I also hope they give him that new costume he's currently wearing in JLA Classified & DCDirect comes out w/a figure of that look. I really think a MA Booster Gold/ BB 2 pack should be done in 06. Everyone will be buying that without a doubt.

The JLA Classified arc takes place even before Identity Crisis so the Black Costume was just a temporary thing. It was obviously intended as a joke anyway as every character seems to comment on it. It looks like Booster has lost his collar for good though whcih is dissappointing.

I dont think Beetle is dead, as for the overall plot, obviously Max doesnt think he is evil, he is doing it to protect humanity from these super power beings. For those who have been watching JLU, it seems to me this story is very similar to what we have been seeing there. They just change Candmus to Omac.

I also believe that Blue Beetle will be back shortly. That whole thing with the scarab seemed pointless, but the scarab is a sign of rebirth in Egyptian myths. I think we'll see everybody's favorite bug up around again.

I thought the same as well! Ted finally gets the scarab only to die at the end? That doesn't make sense...the writers on this project are too good not to use that somehow...

so if he is a villian how come Booster and Beetle were having lunch with him? interesting

Max was the head of the Justice League International when Booster and Beetle were members so they trusted him not knowing he was a part of Checkmate

I agree with Superfriend. the tone of th ebook was majorly condescending toward the JLI era and it's fans. They weren't "ineffective" at all. In fact, the whole point was taht you didn't have to be "A-List" to be a hero. The did a lot of good in their day and it's a shame. No wonder Keith Giffen went to work for Marvel.

One thing to remember about Max is that at one point he died too. His brain was transplanted into the robotic body of an Extremist (old JLI villains), This might have caused a shift in his personality, or maybe the shift is more recent (he mentions this in the JLA Classified #5). Anyway, I think it sucks taht Max has gone bad but it could be easily explained if they bother to do it.

Blue Beetle's death ticks me off but I'm holding out hope for a return and NOT as the Spectre hopefully. Remember how it said that Booster knows the future? He seemed to know something about the scarab and I think we'll see Beetle return soon. Max might resurrect him as an OMAC too. We'll just have to wait and see but Ted better not be gone for good. If he is, I just might have to think up a new acronym.

I hope Ted isn't gone either. I really hope that the Scarab factors in and i swear that Kingdom Come was supposedly the future of the DCU and not an elseworlds and i know Ted is the Beetle in the future