Scaplers Are The Lowest Of All Bottom Feeders

TJHooker

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a non collector friend of mine walked into a target to get daipers for his son early this morning, when he was walking out he noticed all the collectors trading war stories and comparing vaders they had all gotten. One of the guys starts walking over to his car to put his stuff in his car when BAM two guys from out of nowhere beat the SH!T out of this kid and took all his bags! My buddy calls the cops and runs inside to tell the manager what was happening while others help the poor kid up. I couldn't believe the story he had just told me! if only I had been there to stick up for that kid! I'm trembling typing this just thinking about that poor kid getting the snot beat outta him for a FREAKIN action figure! I've never felt so low and ashamed to be a collector, knowing that I'm in a hobby where this kinda thing happens!! @pun@

a non collector friend of mine walked into a target to get daipers for his son early this morning, when he was walking out he noticed all the collectors trading war stories and comparing vaders they had all gotten. One of the guys starts walking over to his car to put his stuff in his car when BAM two guys from out of nowhere beat the SH!T out of this kid and took all his bags! My buddy calls the cops and runs inside to tell the manager what was happening while others help the poor kid up. I couldn't believe the story he had just told me! if only I had been there to stick up for that kid! I'm trembling typing this just thinking about that poor kid getting the snot beat outta him for a FREAKIN action figure! I've never felt so low and ashamed to be a collector, knowing that I'm in a hobby where this kinda thing happens!! @pun@

That is just plain low. If i had been there I would've jumped in and helped the kid out. That's just wrong!

They beat him. the one detail my buddy remembers is how one of the guys just started pounding on his face.

They beat him. the one detail my buddy remembers is how one of the guys just started pounding on his face.

okay... well then define "kid" please.

this story is just too horrible to believe.

well to me (i'm 28) anyone under 20 is a kid, but yeah he was a younger guy.

well to me (i'm 28) anyone under 20 is a kid, but yeah he was a younger guy.

oh okay.. you are making me think of a 12 year old!

He was probably an adult.

Still, its totally wrong.. it just doesn't sound nearly as bad

What the...? I'm sorry but is $5.38 (knocked down from $5.42 - thanks Wall-Fart) really worth beating the crap out of someone. I don't know exactly what the guy had in his bag could have been a couple hundred dollars worth but that doesn't change anything. The fact that you could walk into any store and pretty much get anything the kid had just makes that extremely idiotic. It's idiotic in the first place, but to do it over STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES? Lucas is laughing in his mansion right now...

oh man I had people as well as scalpers asking me questions all night about figures. There were two scalpers that didnt know s#!t and kept bugging me about what figures they should buy.

one of the targets I hit today, one guy grabbed a box of lava vaders and walked off. Everyone was like, yo dude, its one per person, he just ignores everyone and gets to the register to pay.

manager tells him to hand over the box and that he can have one vader.

scalper argues and wants to speak to a regional manager. He doesn't let go of the box. He says he will pay full price and that he is a customer and the customer is always right.

In the end, he is forced to hand over the box or security will call the cops.

He takes the box and smashes it in the ground. steps on it and kicks it. walks away. nothing is said.

now THAT'S an ahole right there.

thank goodness Target had another case.

Damn!!! What a pr*ck!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I would have said something with the hopes of taunting him to come over to me for that.

I thought I had seen it all and then this dude pulls a little girl stunt just like that.

at least he didn't even get one

I've never seen a little girl act like that.

That was just beyond low, and the guy deserved an ass-kicking simply out of principle.

That is a VERY cool story, I hate every scalpers who always thinking of a fast buck. you know these exclusives really piss me off, have you EVER seen any New Star Wars figure exclusive that's worth anything??? I mean c'mon people, Lucas and Hasbro are laughing at us this Very moment, seeing all the GROWN-UPS scravling to the aisles grabbing all the figures. I waited at Toys R us at the midnight Madness for about an hour, they were letting 5 people in at a time when it was my turn to shop...I just grabbed a Vader, Just 1 Star Wars figure, bought it and waited outside for my friends. the were raffling off for 12 Hologram yodas at 2 a.m. I was watching all these people shoving and pushing each other to get certain figures. I was almost disgusted to see this...I had $250,00 in my pocket and all I bought was 1 Star Wars figure...after that My friends wanted me to stay the night and grabbed the Target's Lava Reflection Vader, the Wal-mart EarlyBird gift set and the Chewbacca at Kay-bee's I went home at 3 a.m. put my Vader on my desk and went to sleep. I slept the intire Day on the 3rd of April and didn't bothered with any of the exclusives.

...............only 4 Red Royal Guards........

.............three more Red Royal Guards..............

.....................and three Blue Royal Guards....

Sorry, but I don't see a difference between what you did and what they did, except that they re-sell. I couldn't find a single one.

The difference here is that these guys were hoarding an item that was limited and was only supposed to be one per person.

There is a HUGE difference here.

These stories freak me out. Greed sure does bring out the worst people and the worst IN people.

Han's "You're a wonderfull human being" line comes to mind for these people.

While I agree that scalpers suck and should be beat up on sight I have a problem with hoarding figures as well.

First off, it is the opening weekend of the figures being released. That means that all of the fans are going to be frantically searching for the figures that they want and the Red Guards are a nice figure to search for. A lot of people have jobs and lives and won't be able to make ot when the doors open. So an individual like yourself, who has snatched up 7+ Red Royal Guards is causing the same means to an end as a scalper. If it's OK what you did I think it is OK for the guy who wanted to buy the case of Lava Vaders (not the smashing part) but the attemtp to buy te case. We don't know he was a scalper do we? Maybe he wanted them to trade or for some friends.

Taking and hoarding all the HTF figures on the first days they are released for your army is selfish.

I think your hoarding of the Royal Guards on the first day was a bit selfish.

I myself found 4 Clone Trooper's when I was at the opening at TRU today. I put them all in my basket, but that was with the intention of giving them to other collectors there that were looking for them. I didn't want a scalper to grab them so I took them before they got a chance (just in case).

In the end I gave two away and kept the other two for myself :)

I have to agree. I grabbed one trooper at first then when everyone left and no one was there I took one more for myself (I opened all of them).

During the course of the evening I helped others get all of the figs they needed and only then did I get another trooper. They had about 10 left when I left which I could have bought for an army BUT I did not. I will buy more later after they have been out for a while so others can get their fix.

I did see one red royal guard that a friend of mine snagged. I will get one eventually.

I had $250,00 in my pocket and all I bought was 1 Star Wars figure

#WTF#

While I agree that scalpers suck and should be beat up on sight I have a problem with hoarding figures as well.

First off, it is the opening weekend of the figures being released. That means that all of the fans are going to be frantically searching for the figures that they want and the Red Guards are a nice figure to search for. A lot of people have jobs and lives and won't be able to make ot when the doors open. So an individual like yourself, who has snatched up 7+ Red Royal Guards is causing the same means to an end as a scalper. If it's OK what you did I think it is OK for the guy who wanted to buy the case of Lava Vaders (not the smashing part) but the attemtp to buy te case. We don't know he was a scalper do we? Maybe he wanted them to trade or for some friends.

Taking and hoarding all the HTF figures on the first days they are released for your army is selfish.

There were plenty red and blue guards left at the places that I got my figs.

I counted them before I decided on the amount of figs that I was going to purchase. I do the same thing when I army build my GI JOE figs. I NEVER leave a store behind without any unless it is the only figure of that kind that I find

At one Wal-mart there were 13 left..this is where I grabbed my first 4, then there were 10 at the next one.

At the KB nobody was there and I could have walked out with as many of the blue guards as they had but I only grabbed 3 of them..also they had red guards there on the pegs and I did not purchase them from KB because I felt that I had already gotten enough of the red guards for the day.

I cannot believe that I even have to defend myself for army building figs when half the time we all are ooohing and ahhing over pics people put up of the their collections and they have like 50 storm troopers or in the case of GI JOE collectors insane multiples of hard to find figures such as Vipers, CG's and Cobra Infantry troops

How about you guys that wrote how you have the multiples of exclusive figures such as Lava Vader or Holo Yoda.. Do you like being compared to a scalper? Called a Hoarder?

Hell, I could have gotten a few Vaders by going to other Targets and or Yoda's from Amazon, but I only purchased one of each because of the fact that THESE are exclusives

This whole comparison is rediculous

One of my favorite pastimes is to distract a scalper and then punch my fist into their cart leaving everything "less than mint" I liked it for a while there Target was punching holes in their action figure cards to discourage scalpers, they should bring that back.

Yeah but that's not fair to the MOC collectors then.