Tni Main Site Revamp

I personally think the revamped main site is so/so... but it is kind of harder to access... Is anybody with me on this?

Before, all I had to do was scroll down on the main page to see all my news and such... but now, all the news is like squished inside the little box in the middle. Everythings been rearranged and oftentimes even hard to find!

On the brightside, the larger images with the main themes are a nice touch (i.e. ROTS, Toybiz Showcase shortcuts etc)

But yeah... thats just me!

I had to change the page which opens up in my favorites, to the one after the main page, that lists all the forums, instead of the main page.

It was a little hard to navigate to find the forums, but as far as the main pages new appearance?

I think it's awesome and certainly caught my attention! :)

Having the top three to four inches of horizontal webspaced taken over by a too-big logo and too-big SW banner is not an improvement, IMO. It's possible to promote big events (like SW) without dominating an entire "news" page. Otherwise, the layout was the usual, just moved around a bit. The lack of a link to the Forums when the format changed was a bonehead move, but somebody has since added one.

Reading over the "front page" at TNI, I'm struck more by their need for a copy editor, than the new layout.

j

yeah, I noticed that too, it doesn't work well in firefox, but then a lot of things don't :P that's the whole point of firefox, is to keep all the stuff you dont need, like pop ups, and java stuff, and everything, off here so it runs faster ;)

i dont have a problem with it...at first yeah you had to do like 3 things to get to the forums but i quickly got used to it,,,now there is a forums button! so all i good in OZ

Honestly I really don't like the new main page look. I find it much more difficult to navigate and like already noted the images at the top are far too large. I also don't think it's very pleasing to the eye anymore either. Whereas the last front seemed very neat and tidy this one just feels to messy.

I vastly preferred the other front, but oh well c'est la vie :)

I just now found the tab to get into the forums...never could find it before. I don't like that it opens the forums in a new window though. I think that should change.

It does look a little cluttered/too busy, but other than the forums opening in a new window, I think it looks fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really read the news lol I just come here to the forum and talk to every body

I get all my news from the forums here in different threads.