*sigh* Another Transformers April Fools Day Joke

BeastWars_Megatron

credit: jesterpictures.com

Murphy Talks Transformers, Giant Robot Franchise Swap!

'TRANSFORMERS' Scrapped; New 'GOBOTS' Greenlighted.

April 01, 2005 - Angry films producer, Don Murphy announced today that he, along with Tom Desanto, with the blessing of Steven Spielberg, have decided to back-burner their current 'Transformers' project for a more lucrative opportunity... to rehash another 80's robot cartoon, 'GoBots'.

"We just felt that right now, GOBOTS is the hot thing, and we have to really embrace it while we can", Murphy noted from the annual GoBots Collectors Convention being held in San Diego, CA this week. Murphy and DeSanto acknowledge that 'Transformers' may have been the wrong choice from the start. Says co-producer DeSanto, "Transformers is kind of dated, we have to just own up to that... I mean 'Optimus Who' and Megawhatshisname? Nobody cares. And neither do we."

While the 2,154 members of Don Murphy's personal web page are outraged at the sudden switch in plans, Murphy points out that they, "are the only 2,154 people on earth who give a turd about Transformers, and they need to get over it." Several members were arrested outside the producer's California home this morning, staging a "Nerd-In", demanding that their beloved robots, the 'Transformers', be filmed. Charges are pending for two members who were detained after hurling garbage bags of human feces onto the producer's lawn. One member wore a self-made T-shirt which read "Real Robots Shoot Their Lazers from Gunz!"

As of this morning, Dreamworks and Paramount pictures have refocused all their energy into making 'GOBOTS' happen, and happen quickly. New hired Director, Ashton Kutchner, stated in a press conference that "GOBOTS are cool, Man... I Mean, C'mon. They're so cool! Leader One versus Cy-Kill? I mean who doesn't want to see THAT, man!?" This is Kutchner's first directing experience, but Dreamworks and Paramount Pictures both feel that they have the right man. Producer Don Murphy added, "Ashton understands where we want to take GOBOTS. We want 3-4 films, and we want to have young children be the real heros, the main focus.... He 'gets' it. He wants that too. And he said if I let him direct, I could be on an episode of 'Punked'..."

So for now, Transformers fans will have to get a grip, while the real robots, or 'Gobots', take center stage in Hollywood.

GoBots is slated for a summer 2006 release.

-- Stax

comon,do they really think, we would think they would scrap the original plan,and make it a Gobots movie? Even worse,Ashton Kutcher directing,i dont think so.

heres the link to the article: http://www.jesterpictures.com/filmforceign...7/585779p1.html

Yea, that is pretty funny... It would be too insane to be for real! I mean, Ashton Kutcher?? Why him? But then again, why Steven Speilberg... ? Hmm... @hmmm@

That's a good one, actually!

Just plausible enough that some people will fall for it!

ya got that right