Bbts Raise Shipping Costs

FUGAYZIE

Well as much as I like shopping at Bigbadtoystore I think I will take the majority of my business to other places. They just increased their shipping costs. It use to be 4.99 for orders of $50 (I think) and above and 5.99 for less expensive orders. Now its 6.99 regardless. Only a few weeks/months ago it was their products prices that increased, now this. I understand that costs increase every so often but IMO with these increases they are now one of the more expensive online stores next to HQ. Since the last increase in costs it was their cheaper shipping that would keep me buying from them but now I find better deals else ware. In the last several purchases I've made I saved an average of 5-10 bucks each by not using BBTS. I'm really disappointed because I really did like BBTS but being expensive as collecting is I need to curb the costs where ever I can.

I still don't think the shipping costs are too bad.

I did notice the product price raise a little while ago and wasn't pleased to say the least. I swear some things jumped as much as $7 US in price :(

I know that sometimes this sort of thing can't be controlled, especially when it comes to the imported stuff, but it still sucks.

When I started seeing them selling some of the new deluxe Energon figures for twice the retail price that was it for me. A few dollars is one thing but when they start to jack the prices up that much it's not much different from scalping. @grumpy@

When I started seeing them selling some of the new deluxe Energon figures for twice the retail price that was it for me. A few dollars is one thing but when they start to jack the prices up that much it's not much different from scalping. @grumpy@

Well since he's buying them directly from hasbro I'd say it ain't close to scalping but it is very scummy.

When I started seeing them selling some of the new deluxe Energon figures for twice the retail price that was it for me. A few dollars is one thing but when they start to jack the prices up that much it's not much different from scalping.  @grumpy@

Well since he's buying them directly from hasbro I'd say it ain't close to scalping but it is very scummy.

If he buys from hasbro why the raise of the price for a deluxe then?

maybe not bad for large/heavy items but what about the majority of people who may only buy the 1 ML that they need or the new Tak reissue that came out or the one Mcfarlane sports pick they need....it really sucks for any one whos not buying in bulk. Most of those only cost 3.85 to ship Priority Mail. For an Energon Ironhide you would pay 15.99 + 6.99 = 22.98. I can get a 2 pack for that at walmart. Or if I wanted to get the new cooperstown collection 2 Babe Ruth fig, for the price of the fig + shipping and add about 75 cents from my pocket, I could get 2 of them at TRU. Like I said, unless your buying in bulk their is almost no point to even bother any more.

I bought a few items on their last 15% off sale. I was not too happy with the condition of the Predaking box on my last order, but the rest of the items arrived in the usual near mint condition. Yet, it does seem that their prices have grown out of proportion compared to other online retailers and B&M stores.

Their current overinflated prices for both merchandise and shipping fees makes it easier to stop adding to my collection and save some $$$ . Even though they used to be my top choice for online purchases for their quality service and competitive pricing, I am not likely to order anything else from BBTS at their current price points. Too bad.

-- NC

now that you mention it...I bought a ML Saga Spidy when they had their last 20% off sale and when I got it I was shocked to see a smashed corner on Spidys box, like it was dropped. Nothing was broken but it was a decent size ding (about 1-2 inch) It's like when they have those big sales they use it as an opportunity to clear their shelves of the damaged stuff. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if they would have had it listed in the 'sub standard grade' category, but it wasn't, it was listed as standard meaning C8.5+. The only reason I didn't return it is because that was the last one at that time and I did get a pretty good deal on it. Still that was the beginning of road of disappointment for me. It was followed by another slightly damaged (the box) item, substantial raised product prices, and now raised shipping costs. It sucks because I really did like shopping through them in the beggining :(

now that you mention it...I bought a ML Saga Spidy when they had their last 20% off sale and when I got it I was shocked to see a smashed corner on Spidys box, like it was dropped. Nothing was broken but it was a decent size ding (about 1-2 inch) It's like when they have those big sales they use it as an opportunity to clear their shelves of the damaged stuff. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if they would have had it listed in the 'sub standard grade' category, but it wasn't, it was listed as standard meaning C8.5+. The only reason I didn't return it is because that was the last one at that time and I did get a pretty good deal on it. Still that was the beginning of road of disappointment for me. It was followed by another slightly damaged (the box) item, substantial raised product prices, and now raised shipping costs. It sucks because I really did like shopping through them in the beggining :(

I remember when they had this "collector grades" items, I dont see those anymore, maybe the people got too hard on them?

$6.99 isn't bad for shipping larger items.

You said it....for large. But small ones? It's like your paying double for an item... @hmmm@

When I started seeing them selling some of the new deluxe Energon figures for twice the retail price that was it for me. A few dollars is one thing but when they start to jack the prices up that much it's not much different from scalping.  @grumpy@

If he buys from hasbro why the raise of the price for a deluxe then?

Wal-Mart and Target buy a lot of stock, there-fore , they can AFFORD to charge $9.99 for deluxes, ect. I of course don't know what Hasbro charges them for shippments. It's possible Hasbro may sell them for a discount if retailers buy a certain amount. It is impossible for Joel to buy the amount needed to sell them at the same price Wal-Mart does if that is the case. Thus, he has to charge more.

As for why the raise of price, it could be anything. He might be buying less stock, Hasbro could be charging more. There's lots of possible reasons.

I'm not surprised, I duno how he could do it at that low & make any profit at all... IMO all you chumps in the @usa@ are spoiled as hell !! :S

BBTS has great service, but their high prices have also turned me off buying items from them, i think the last time i bought from them was maybe a year ago.

I was about to buy the black RM's from them but when they jacked up the prices on those (i had them on pre-order, then they doubled the price) that REALLY BURNED ME

I think the shipping costs are allright. But, recently I have found other stores (or ebay) that have better prices. BBTS has become a pricey store.

Wal-Mart and Target buy a lot of stock, there-fore , they can AFFORD to charge $9.99 for deluxes, ect. I of course don't know what Hasbro charges them for shippments. It's possible Hasbro may sell them for a discount if retailers buy a certain amount. It is impossible for Joel to buy the amount needed to sell them at the same price Wal-Mart does if that is the case. Thus, he has to charge more.

As for why the raise of price, it could be anything. He might be buying less stock, Hasbro could be charging more. There's lots of possible reasons.

I can understand a slight mark-up in price in order to make a profit, but I've seen plenty of figures at BBTS that were double (or near double) the store price (a few times even more than that), and I'm sorry, but that's just WAY too much!

Any time it's cheaper to get a figure on Ebay (paying slightly over the store price) then it is at an online store...then the online store is charging too much.

I know the price of gas has gone way up and everything, but I've been mailing packages out several times a week over the past few months and I haven't noticed any raise in the shipping rates as of yet, so I doubt if that has anything to do with it. Hell, I recently shipped a MOSC Deadpool figure to a guy in Canada and the shipping charge was under $5 and I used PLENTY of packing material to make sure it got there in mint condition.

Shipping from BBTS has always been generally high for me, cause i'm in canada, so it doesnt really effect me much. The higher prices have always been why i stayed away, i only ever got anything when they had their whatever% off sales (or if they had the cheapest price for something really rare or really easy to find).

Any time it's cheaper to get a figure on Ebay (paying slightly over the store price) then it is at an online store...then the online store is charging too much.

That's kinda how I feel. I also feel that ebay makes all "price guides" invalid. Price guides are based on value of something and we the people are what determine the value/demand of something. If an item is listed in a well known price guide for $70 and the avg going price on ebay is $30, then that's what the real "cash value" is to me. And all the stores out there that charge price guide prices, I'm surprised they ever sell anything