I Had An New Idea For A Dio Story

Crimson Twins

I think it would be neat to do a 'choose your own adventure' dio story. Anyone think we could pull it off? I know I could write it, but my dio skills are slim to none (especially with no camera). @hmmm@ I know we're busy helping out Hammer with the artic part, but maybe after that's done, think this could come together?

#US1#

I am sure we could,who will shoot the dio?hammerfel has his hands full with this one.

One of the cool things with us all doing dios togather it keeps us all in the game,and that is very cool..............

I know we're busy helping out Hammer with the artic part,

I like the way you worded this. I kind of feel it's the other way around though.

I'd love to volunteer but I'm still trying to figure out how to find the time for my next dio with my wife four months from giving birth and a new born on the way. Maybe if the work load was split up somehow we could all contribute.

Just think about what you are proposing though. A choose your own fate type story, even if it's small is an obscene amount of work.

I know it sounds like a lot of work. We could probably split it up with a couple of people. Like I said, I don't mind doing the writing. I got a lot of little stories in my head that could be woven together to make it work. I think a large project like this would be well worth it when the final project is seen. I haven't seen anything like this done before, and think it could really set a new standard. Maybe I'm just hoping a little too much.

I think it's cool idea and I'd be willing to contribute where I could.

Here's another idea that might work. One person starts a portion of a dio-story, then someone else could add their own part based on that dio to countinue the story. Then another person continues it with their own part and we'll keep it going as long as we can. Each contributer can interpret and mold the story however they like using all, some, or none of the characters/figures from the previous dio. You could create a back story or side story to the events as long as it keeps the overall story moving forward somehow or strengthens it. Contributers can even script a portion of the dio and get somone else to do their dio scenes for them them

For example, lets say I come up with a dio that shows Lt Falcon, Footloose, Beachhead, Hit & Run, and Leatherneck preparing for a jungle mission and them briefly talking about their objective: infiltrate a Cobra Terror Drome to gather intellegence on a new Cobra threat/objective. Someone else could take that story and make a dio featuring Cobra preparing their new weapon of mass destruction or they could do another scene featuring other Joe characters preping for another part of the same mission or a related mission. Someone, could even do a dio showing Chuckles, Faces, or whoever gathering the intellegence that leads to the Joes prepping for the mission in the first place. As long as it contributes to the overall story, then it should be fine. Contributers should feel free to use different versions of the same character (i.e., v.2 or v.14 Snake Eyes) to tell the story if they desire as long as the audience knows it's the same character.

Someone could take all the dios once were done and edit it into one linear, ultimate dio-story.

Or whatever, just an idea.

That's a pretty interesting idea. I think something like that could work. However, I think some people would begin to get frustrated if their preconceived ideas of how things should go got twisted by someone else. And some of the nit picky people would flip over different versions of the same character being used (I'm almost that bad, myself).

That's a pretty interesting idea. I think something like that could work. However, I think some people would begin to get frustrated if their preconceived ideas of how things should go got twisted by someone else. And some of the nit picky people would flip over different versions of the same character being used (I'm almost that bad, myself).

It's been done before, you select the group of Dio authors and then everyone agrees on a set group of characters that they all have to use.

I actually like that second idea a little better, just make sure when the people get involved, they know.. no story is safe, people will and are aloud to go off on their own tangent...

Maybe the person who started the Dio, would start and finish the dio.. have a timeline or a outime set up an dsay... "this has to happen" or "that has to happen" and maybe set up a mini bidding thread, like have key plots or events, and those involved pick and chose what points they want to include in their section... I dunno, sounds like it could be fun...

I actually like that second idea a little better, just make sure when the people get involved, they know.. no story is safe, people will and are aloud to go off on their own tangent...

Maybe the person who started the Dio, would start and finish the dio.. have a timeline or a outime set up an dsay... "this has to happen" or "that has to happen" and maybe set up a mini bidding thread, like have key plots or events, and those involved pick and chose what points they want to include in their section... I dunno, sounds like it could be fun...

I'm really starting to dig the way this sounds. Very cool. I would love to get something like this started, but I would feel bad that I would be unable to help in the way of actual dio work. Like I said, I can write it out, and make it clear enough to give someone else a good idea of what I'm visualizing. I just don't have access to everything I would want right now. Maybe we could start something. Who all would be willing to participate? (Once our contributions to Hammer's stuff is done)

I'm in.. got some ideas cooking up... HEY VIOLENT... CAN I BORROW YOUR FLAGG?

j/k @smilepunch@

You could always come over and play with it as long as you're not one of those kids that beleives your GI Joes can fly.