New Sigma-6 Info!

Behold, Galvatron!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The acronym is a legal necessity for press releases.

Don't tell me they lost the copyrights to the name "Cobra"

And while Sigma-6 is a kids focused line......

...And while Hasbro cancels everything the older collectors like to push this crap................

with a retail price of $14.99 are the Deluxe figures, while several waves of Standard figures will also see release at $9.99

A bag of cookies bets the $10 ones are basically the same thing, but with things like cloth removed to save some money.

– no repaints!

Up until wave 2!!

The Sigma-6 line will naturally include multiple versions of the core cast, but instead of simply repainting the figures – each new version will include mission specific gear.

Cool. Malibu Stacy gets a new hat!!

Don't tell me they lost the copyrights to the name "Cobra"

No. The name Cobra will appear everywhere else as it always has. The acronym version is for press releases only.

Why use it in a press release at all? What's the legal necessity?

Think about it....

no more bitchin' about t-crotches!

thats good one,and you know we got to #$## about something,love it,hate it,whatever its still coming out and we all know it.

I f it does good we might not see the smale scale again,if it does bad we might not see the small scale,they have tomake money and not lose it.

For what ever reason(and I dont understand it)they say they were not making the sales,thats what counts.But I really believe we will see the 3 3/4 scale continue,when who knows but it will...........Toys are dying out and that is the real shame.

NOT just joes but all lines are feeling it,hopeful our kids will wake up and want to play with action figures not just video games.

SWEET... thanks for the info nomad... so, did you bop him in the back of the head, tie him up and throw him in the back of your hummvee and bring him home so we can slap him around on sat and find out the inside scoop on the "hiatus" of the 3 3/4" line???

@loll@ that'd be awesome... oh.. did you ask him if they felt the responce of the fans yet???? That's what I wanna know.. :D

Well this answers all those burning questions that Joe fans have been dying to know.....I can't think of anything else that Joe fans would like to know About, except info on the new Sigma Six line. The Answer about repaints was all I ever wanted to know about the furture of G.I. Joe....it litterally was the question I'm sure everyone wanted the answer too. Nope, no other question out there some Joe fans might want answered. So glad that Hasbro is provideing all the info anyone could ever want about Sigma Six and nothing else. Yep, that just makes me as happy as a pig in #$%^.

If you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.

Hmmm

I find this information.....rather unsettling.

Lets see, lots of BATs, so the cartoon will not have any real violence, just Joes shooting at robots.

Odds are Scarlett will be in the cartoon only, not released as a figure, as only collectors seem to want female figures, and we don't matter.

Core group of characters. No repaints. So every wave will probably have at least a SnakeEyes, Duke, and Heavy Duty, only worse, they will be the exact same figure with just different gear(oooh, Snake Eyes has a new visor, and Duke gets snow shoes).

A cartoon that is interesting to kids, teens, and adults. Possible, but not if Hasbro has any control over it. Time will tell.

4 waves of deluxe and 4 waves of basic a year. This is the most disturbing part of the info. Most likely, they will concentrate only on this junk for at least 2 years, wether it sells or not. No new 3 3/4 figures(not including TRU exclusives) for at least 2 years. Most likely, the end of 3 3/4 Joe figures period.

Well, at least there is Power Team Elite, Elite Force, Micro-man, and other lines to buy from.

So wait, there's people that DON'T like Sigma Six!??!?!

Aaaaaaaanyway, thanks for posting the info. I've been really excited about the Tunnel Rat figure since I first saw the line up. Him and Storm Shadow are the two I'll pick up right away. I hope the 10 dollar figures are the same just without all the extra weaponry.

@propeller@ - Sam

Who wants to bet money that this guy Billy Lagor, the G.I.Joe Brand Director will be looking for a new job this time next year when Sigma 6 totally bombs??

I'd be willing to bet money against that happening...

Keep in mind, you're talking about the same guy responsible for VvsV waves 4-7 ,as well as the Jungle Strike, Ice Sabre, and Quick Strike...

New Info = Same Opinion

Yu Gi Joes(or Joe 666 as I call them) are still complete shyt and yes, I hope Billy Lagor is barred from even stepping into Hasbro corporate HQ. Maybe we should start a campaign to get Derryl Depriest back on the line. It seems like all the stuff we love going away(comic, toys, tcg) all began to start when he moved to Star Wars.

I'm glad I am not going to the con this year because I don't want to come back reeking of cow terds when Hasbro finishes spoonfeeding more of it to us to try to get us to say Joe 666 is cool and 3 3/4" is not. It's gonna be a BS filled weekend for sure.

you know it might not be Billy's fault......He was proably TOLD to say these things. Plug the new exciteing brand. It's known that the Joe team didn't desgin these, and that the Xevoz team did. I doubt Billy had much to do with it...but since they are Joes and he is head of the Joe dept, he gets stuck answer the questions. I wouldn't be surprised if he begrudgeing is plugging this line cause he was told to by someone higher up. This reeks of CEO thinking.

Who wants to bet money that this guy Billy Lagor, the G.I.Joe Brand Director will be looking for a new job this time next year when Sigma 6 totally bombs??

I'd be willing to bet money against that happening...

Keep in mind, you're talking about the same guy responsible for VvsV waves 4-7 ,as well as the Jungle Strike, Ice Sabre, and Quick Strike...

Which is odd, considering that when the line was starting to really kick ass, he pulled the plug.

And, yes, he will take the fall when this all bombs out.

I won't be spending my money on these sorry a## S6 figures. Hasbro is going to killed GI Joe with this line for real, It a good thing that the EPIII figures are out this year.