Some Pics Of My Army Builder Collection

krymsyngard666

Bah. Show off.

Come back when you get a real army.

:P

On a serious note, though, it's nice to see a collection that isn't so "top heavy" with recent retail releases. It's nice to also see so many figures that aren't V1 Vipers or Bats as you don't often see too many people who army build those to any extent.

Man that is just..................damn..................awesome,really like the set up its really nice.Love all the Cobra sigs everywhere.

That is just SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.............

The case was a Nintendo 64 case, I did the cobra on the back with vinyl and magnetic sign material. The back was one giant piece of steel, and was textured, so i could never paint it, but the magnetic stuff sticks really well. It was a pain, but worth it. I have a second case, smaller, with the newer stuff in it that i am still working on.

that's awesome.. I was thinking nintendo case, I got one from a store that was closing... though.. now as cool as yours... did you buy custom shelves? mine has black metal ones.. but the cool thing is if I can get glass shelves like yours, with the light on inside might look real cool!!! Now.. all I have to do is get that beast back from my brother, lol...

can you shoot a close up of that custom Stormie??? looks pretty cool!!!

-Joe

Thats a Gangster Collection you got there. But you have way to many 86 Vipers, so send me some. LOL. What happened to the Infantry did they get replaced by Bats? LOL. Send me some Bats. Get some more infantry son, then i'll really be impressed @loll@ @loll@ Just kidding bro, I like them Hiss with wolverine missle customs too. Very Nice!

that's awesome.. I was thinking nintendo case, I got one from a store that was closing... though.. now as cool as yours... did you buy custom shelves? mine has black metal ones.. but the cool thing is if I can get glass shelves like yours, with the light on inside might look real cool!!! Now.. all I have to do is get that beast back from my brother, lol...

can you shoot a close up of that custom Stormie??? looks pretty cool!!!

-Joe

For the Nintendo case, mine sounds like it was the same as yours, it was a major ordeal fixing it up. It had a black back, and black sides on the inside, and black metal shelves, 4 of them. I knew it would be impossible to light, so I wanted to find a way to make it all white. i had the magnetic sign idea, which would leave the background white without having to paint it, but is was a little expensive (probably not as bad as painting it a zillion times to get the colors to stick). I looked into buying shelves, for the span of the case, i had to get the 3/8" size, which was really expensive, $80 per shelf was the quote I got. The project almost died there. I lucked out when a friend of mine told me he just happend to have a big inventory of glass shelves at his house. He worked at a department store that got renovated and decided to trash all their glass. He took it all, had it cut down to a standard size, and has been using it for display or for model building for years. He gave me 10 shelves, saving me like $800. The only problem was, they were 3 inches short for the case. I went to home Depot, and snagged 4 white shelves, 5 feet by 12 inches, i think, and stacked the sides of the case out to make up the difference. It made the case smaller on the inside, but not by much, maybe a row or two of figures. In the end, i really lucked out on the whole project. I got the case from another collector on YoJoe that was within driving distance from me, the magnetic sign material my friend supplied becasue he owns a signmaking business, then my other buddy volunteering the shelves and the ease of the final conversion, without all that luck the project would have died. It was just fated.

For the custom SS, I have all my customs on Joecustoms, but they are still down last time I checked. i have the same name there as here, but I will try to find a pic and post it here.

On the infantry, I have a hard time finding decent infantry that isn't overpriced or in shitty condition. I sold off about 40 in one big lot last year sometime, so they would have made a good additon now, but I bought really heavily on the Infantry 6 pack to make up for it. Those aren't in the case here becasue I tried to keep it all Vintage except for the F. Blast Vipers. I have a second case for the newer stuff in the same style that is still being worked on, for that one, i can use the 1/4" glass that i have been collecting and trashpicking, and cut it myself to size.

Guest A-MAN

Most impressive display.

Those pics make me wonder, for every cobra troop type made, there were 3 or more different Joes produced in probably greater quantities. Where are all those joes??

I wanna see rows and rows of Lifelines, Countdowns, Leathernecks and Chuckles. #US1#

@notworthy@ @notworthy@ @notworthy@ @notworthy@

I surrender! I should give up now. Very very good collection man. You definitely have some financial security as well as a good load for a dio. My hats off to you.

I can only imagine what all it takes to put together such an amazing collection as THAT! :o

I'm blown away man!