The Tni Arctic Dio

Bekker

Great mini dio Chazz! Good to see Duke can still kick some ass. Like the fig too!

On a side note my BBQ is coming along nicely. The white is not being a problem at all! Which is surprising since its orange underneath! lol But the bad news is I don't have any spare gear for him. :( 

Draven

Draven bro what kind of gear do you need?I will look in my spares and see what I got.

His original ax and ff gear. I thought I had a extra SM set which would be perfect colors but I do not. :( Oh well maybe Hammerfell does and he could just put them on him for the dio.

Draven

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've almost finished the Stinger. I ordered another one off of eBay so I could get some of the last parts I needed. I'm still missing a steering wheel though. ARGH! I'm working on printing out the stickers right now. (while I have access to my label machine at work. heh heh heh)

Well, I was molding some hair for another spirit custom, and I mixed a little too much putty, so I was looking at the rest of my other customs on the to-do list and OH YEAH... I wanted to add a furry collar & hoodie on my wifey's custom.. so, I went to work... and then I had some more putty left... lol.. so I wanted to try and make a TM head for the arctic custom I might make for him... so here they are.. sorry about the fuzzy TM pic.. but my batteries are offically dead now... and I only noticed the fuzziness after I uploaded them... anyway.. these are one of my first attempts with this new putty and I really like the results... I love the hoodie.. and the fur is really looking awesome.. now.. just gotta wait a day for it to set...

MiaBoobies.jpg

TMhead.jpg

better aly???

As always, lemme know whacha think???

Joe nice work,and I am really liking the hoody and the fur,and TM head looks awesome so far.

i have been really busy last couple of days but hoping tonight to get some sclupting done my self,great work Joe.

Looking good Joe! Like the hood a lot.

Draven

Thanks... That's my first attempt at something like that, was pretty fun... what about TM... he hasn't gotten back to me.. has anyone ever seen him, adn if so.. does that look prett close??? LMK,

-Joe

my artic Duke is finished....

f4b01324.jpg

The only word that comes to mind is;

CRAZY

Great job

hehehe...thanks man, i try @cool@

Yep chazz really nice work....................

thanks man! and thanks for the props draven on my short dio :D i can't wait see noli's and edmond's customs! i've never seen them do 3 3/4 customs before! @bounce@

Looking good Joe! Like the hood a lot.

Draven

Thanks... That's my first attempt at something like that, was pretty fun... what about TM... he hasn't gotten back to me.. has anyone ever seen him, adn if so.. does that look prett close??? LMK,

-Joe

Yeah its pretty fun to mold stuff like that. I used to be really good at it. That's why most of my old RAH customs have molding done like that. Have not done to much on the new JvC.......guess I just don't get excited doing customs like I did with RAH ones. I went all out then. But I still do like them. I think my JvC Copperhead is the only one to get major molding done to him..........oh yeah and the post Apoc Duke I did for the group project we ran here ages ago.

Draven

Yep chazz really nice work....................

thanks man! and thanks for the props draven on my short dio :D i can't wait see noli's and edmond's customs! i've never seen them do 3 3/4 customs before! @bounce@

Yeah I am very interested to see their work on the small guys. :)

Draven

Well, I was molding some hair for another spirit custom, and I mixed a little too much putty, so I was looking at the rest of my other customs on the to-do list and OH YEAH... I wanted to add a furry collar & hoodie on my wifey's custom.. so, I went to work... and then I had some more putty left... lol.. so I wanted to try and make a TM head for the arctic custom I might make for him... so here they are.. sorry about the fuzzy TM pic.. but my batteries are offically dead now... and I only noticed the fuzziness after I uploaded them...  anyway.. these are one of my first attempts with this new putty and I really like the results... I love the hoodie.. and the fur is really looking awesome.. now.. just gotta wait a day for it to set...

MiaBoobies.jpg

TMhead.jpg

better aly???

As always, lemme know whacha think???

Joe, looking REALLY sharp there bud. The front of Wifey's chest needs some detail tho. THe TM head looks dead-on to what he's used before. Were you eyeballing a Chap Mei arctic figure when you sculpted the hood for Wifey, or was that all freehand? Youe using "green stuff' right? Can't wait to see some paint!

thanks aly, I was actually freehandin' it..lol... I actually had an orange arctic guy(where I got my hat from) that I wanted to use as a base.. but I dont know where the headless wonder went... as for TM, I was looking at his avatar while doing it... had to get that flap... JUST right, lol...

As for the plain chest... I tried adding a zipper... but I was having trouble with it looking un even... now that you mention it.. I may add a front pocket.. but that's about as far as I'll go... I gotta Q on the Tamiya spray paint for plastics... I bought "Pure White"

when I spray, it comes out in spurts... is it normal, I shook the hell out of it too.. and now, on her back shoulder, there's some bumps.. :( is this easily sandable and should I primer it before I paint it... or is it safe to just spray the plastic... thanks in advance!!!!

-Joe

thanks aly, I was actually freehandin' it..lol... I actually had an orange arctic guy(where I got my hat from) that I wanted to use as a base.. but I dont know where the headless wonder went... as for TM, I was looking at his avatar while doing it... had to get that flap... JUST right, lol...

As for the plain chest... I tried adding a zipper... but I was having trouble with it looking un even... now that you mention it.. I may add a front pocket.. but that's about as far as I'll go... I gotta Q on the Tamiya spray paint for plastics... I bought "Pure White"

when I spray, it comes out in spurts... is it normal, I shook the hell out of it too.. and now, on her back shoulder, there's some bumps.. :( is this easily sandable and should I primer it before I paint it... or is it safe to just spray the plastic... thanks in advance!!!!

-Joe

That's wierd...Just try switching out the tips. I'm sure that's all that's wrong with it. I suggest over at JC that you add a pouch for the hands like on a real "hoodie" just to be a little different. Whattya' think? As for the "bumps in tha paint". you can go either way. It's safe to paint, but you may have a few issues on the softer plastic if you use a laquer for clearcoat (like Dullcote). Let me know if you run into any more issues.

Draven talked to joe and he has some gear for you for BBQ,looked and looked but couldnt find any,sorry bro,but Joe to the REscue..........

whose bust is that? the molding looks awesome, leave it plain, I think there are too many weapons, pouches, pockets and parrots on figures. sometimes the superhero costume approach is better

I missed this - what's going on? Is Hammerfel having a huge Arctic custom dio ??

what's the storyline? How do I get in?

email me, I am making a jvc Ice viper and custom WOLF vehicle

right now

sirdyal@hotmail.com

whose bust is that? the molding looks awesome, leave it plain, I think there are too many weapons, pouches, pockets and parrots on figures. sometimes the superhero costume approach is better

I missed this - what's going on? Is Hammerfel having a huge Arctic custom dio ??

what's the storyline? How do I get in?

email me, I am making a jvc Ice viper and custom WOLF vehicle

right now

sirdyal@hotmail.com

check your PM's bro