The Tni Arctic Dio

Bekker

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some WIP pics... WHOOO HOOO!!!!

lol.. my buddy stopped by cause he has the day off and he had his camera on him, so I snatched it out of his hands and ran away with it... but he didn't have any batteries for it.. so I rummaged through all my remote controllers and every single battery wasn't powerful enough to keep that baby running for more than a min... I finally found some in a 2-way sommunicator set we have... even though the bars read FULL on them.. after taking a couple pics.. they were dead... @hmmm@ anyway, I'll try to get some more batteries tonight... sorry no close-ups... but hey, they're just WIPs... so far.. :)

Let me know whacha think, the first pic is my self custom along with Miarama( My wifey)'s self custom(done by me of course)...

I used a Crosshair head, lopped off the hair and added a chap mei ski cap, I then added a beard... hey.. I have one...kinda <_< plus.. it'll help with the cold, oh, and I threw on a quick coat.. just to see how it looked, I still have to re-prime and repaint it...

For my wife's head, I used a comic book Baroness head, took off the hair, widdled away the head a little and glued on the hair from a chap mei medic... the white stuff you see is putty, I had to fill in the "seams"... it'll be painted to match her skin tone....

As for colors, I'm gonna go with white as the base and maybe a grey camo... dunno really, I gotta get a new white and possible a new primer... we'll see...

HubandWife.jpg

CC... I'm gonna try to make his colors like the one in the Cartoon, Grey top and blue legs... I'm hoping Hammer can user the interchangable heads in the story, like maybe he's at cobra Island or their base and has his mask on, then gets ready for battle and takes it off and puts on the Battle Helmet!!!! We'll see.. I plan on using a wave 7 CC head, I just gotta wait for a copy, didn't wanna ruin my only one:

CC1.jpg

as always, let me know whacha think!!!

-Joe

I know you said you were set for vehicles, but I've got this awesome Artic Stinger Jeep that is just sitting here waiting to be used. I don't have the missle rack as of yet. But the jeep itself looks great. If I do say so myself.

Hey, I'll use it if you want to send it. It can be CC's ride! :)

DAMN, these customs are looking NICE!

I hope you all are ok if I spread out this arctic stuff amongst a few chapters. There are so many great characters to showcase!

ok i have all my parts, and have them set to paint, i need to know the best paints,

games workshop paints are what i use,might want to ask alyosha and Joerhyno,really anyone for that matter but thats what I suggest.

FIN

arcticpitfall3.jpg

arcticpitfall.jpg

Great job V! I really like the swirl in the fur.

Draven

awesome figure bro i really like it,its kinda of cool to see all the different styles and they will all be in the dio,its getting better all the time.

Yeah, I am doing them. I'll make it white stripes with a little transient black edge. I am also going to send my Snow Job custom for the dio. He's a little more fragile than usual (due to some paint issues, but he can fill up the background looking cool if I pre-pose him for da' Hamma'!

Snow_Job_final1.jpg

JFAK- I hope you don't mind that it uses several of the same parts that your Recoil will be using. If so, you go ahead and use him.

Alyosha that snow job is great,we should use him for sure.................

Hey hammer bro did you think we were going to get this kinda of turnout,thanks everybody for the support in this project.

I gotta Q...

Hammer, is this gonna be some exclusive dio you're doing just for us, as in our own little story, or are you tying this into an exsisting dio you're already doing? Just wondering, I think you or Beller said something about it here or another thread... but waasn't sure... either way, I think it maybe should be split up over a couple chapters...lol.. expecially when I send you all those Arctic Vipers ;) you're gonna have to have some big battle scene with them or something ;)

Aly,

Yeah, go ahead and send Snow Job in. I don't mind that they use similar parts. They're members of the same team, so it makes sense.

-John

Exactly what I was thinking. I was channeling Sub-Zero when I painted the arctic blue fur and trim, tho...Man, I'm a tard sometimes.

HubandWife.jpg

CC1.jpg

Joe- I like where your going here. I would suggest adding a collar of some sort to your significant other's custom tho. I highly doubt that a crew collar would do the job against the frigid edge, and the temp would be cold too. ;) BTW, three days of "I just don't wanna shave" does not a beard make, my friend. I look forward to seeing all of these finished soon. Also, spoke with Commander about the side project, and expressed my willingness to help out with the paint. LMK in a PM if you need it.