More Red Hood Speculation

Y2Bogus

You know...the Joker's been off the radar for a little while now. Maybe he's "starting over"? Grasping at straws, I know...but really about as valid as any of the other ones. Especially since DC seems to be telling EVERYBODY who Batman is under that mask these days.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ravage
You know...the Joker's been off the radar for a little while now. Maybe he's "starting over"? Grasping at straws, I know...but really about as valid as any of the other ones. Especially since DC seems to be telling EVERYBODY who Batman is under that mask these days.

I was wondering that for a while too. Joker also hates Hush, so he must despise Black Mask for taking over the Gotham Underworld as well. Also after Hush and Prometheus beat up Joker and his gang, Mr. J says it's time to "go back to the beginning". He returns to his fair (the same one from the Killing Joke, which is remarkably still there). So it's possible he's the new Red Hood, or he'd be pretty pissed someone else was.

Did anyone read the solicitation that goes with the June cover?  It says:

The Red Hood has Onyx on her heels, but Batman's still in Metropolis! Can the Dark Knight get back to Gotham in time to save the urban heroine from the city's latest costumed psycho killer? Don't miss the thrilling conclusion of "Family Reunion!"

It looks like they may have given away that Red hood is a woman.  then again, it could be a typo.  I think the Jason Todd rumors are just that, though DC has led us in that direction to throw us off.  They have been real tricky these days.

Based on the context although it's worded poorly, I believe the her is Onyx, while Red Mask is the latest costumed psycho killer. (so no, I believe that the solicit is just worded poorly)

You're saying it should read "Onyx has Red Hood on her heels?" That makes more sense with the rest of the paragraph I guess. We'll see.

Yes, I believe that is an appropriate rewrite based on the rest of the solicit. Thanks for "make teh grammer good". :)

It doesnt look like a woman. But, could it be Lady Shiva? She knows that when two people exchange blows in hand to hand combat, the evidence it leaves is like a fingerprint. And based on the style it originated from, Batman would be able to trace those moves to the correct assaliant. And Lady Shiva is very aware of this. She has made a livingout of taunting Batman. So maybe it could be her, and maybe that's why she's using a knife.

Did anyone read the solicitation that goes with the June cover? It says:

The Red Hood has Onyx on her heels, but Batman's still in Metropolis! Can the Dark Knight get back to Gotham in time to save the urban heroine from the city's latest costumed psycho killer? Don't miss the thrilling conclusion of "Family Reunion!"

It looks like they may have given away that Red hood is a woman. then again, it could be a typo. I think the Jason Todd rumors are just that, though DC has led us in that direction to throw us off. They have been real tricky these days.

Um, it looks like there's been a mistake. You had the wrong discription. It should read this:

Written by Judd Winick; Art by Doug Mahnke and Tom Nguyen; Cover by Matt Wagner

In the stunning conclusion of "Under the Hood," the Red Hood is revealed! With the murderous Black Mask controlling the Gotham City underworld, what role will this villainous addition to Batman's Rogues Gallery have when all is said and done?

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.25 US

On Sale March 30, 2005

Guest Ravage
It's James Gordon Junior. In current continuity, Jim Gordon had a son. The mother and son moved away after the divorce. Could it be that Jim Jr. is the Red Hood?

I really like this idea. It'd pretty much be a new character. Not to mention Oracle's cousin, thus bringing her back under Batman's wing.

SPOLIERS

I KNEW IT!!! i saw that comming a mile away...the last few pages sold me on my theory they didnt even have to show me the last page...the beating the Joker got and with the weapon he used was enough for me...this should prove to be intresting on how they tie this all together...maybe my Theory of Tommy being a pawn was right...and maybe Riddler wasnt the brains...maybe Jason shared info to make it look that way...i dunno my head is runnin a mile a minute tryin to link the events@!

In Hush, did Riddler explained to Batman how he knew his identity?

Yes. He had a "moment of clarity" after taking a dip in a Lazarus pit to rid himself of an inoperable brain tumor, and suddenly realized the answer to the "world's greatest riddle".

Personally, I think there's more to the story.

i still think they are the same person...either that or they are working together...i have so many theories...i spent last night going through the Hush story and all the sublimental books after and still have many more theories!

in HUSH, i believe robin and batman have a discussion about how clayface had to portray an aged jason todd because he couldn't copy jason exactly...and i think it's robin who says something like "besides, a corpse wouldn't age..." so it doesn't make sense that they just dunked jason's corpse into the lazarus pit.

BUT...ra's al-ghul also said in HUSH that one of his pits had been used to bring someone back to life (i think). i originally thought it was the riddler, but he only used the pit to cure himself of cancer, not to be brought back to life...again, i didn't double check this i'm just remembering off the top o' my head.

so yeah. why's jason older?

maybe if you're dead the pit speeds up you're aging process... sorta like how they brought back spock in the movies... yknow.. startrek...

We know if you're alive & use it it makes you " younger" but allso insane... who knows what the effects of being dead would be...