House Of M

revsears

I'm all for changes in comics, i'm the rare kind of guy that thinks if you want a new audience you need some new heros that kids can pick up and feel they have heros of this generation, but hey... back on track, the tni article claims it will really change things.

I never liked Scarlet witch being a villian but i would accept it if some real changes come out of this. Any predictions? rumours ?

I know, isn't it a shame? that's why everything is dying, well that and comics not be avaible anywhere but comic shops.

Bendis shook up things with the Avengers. I think that was all a plot to spice things up for House of M to get sales up. Nothing wrong with that IMO. As long as he delivers everything will be cool.

Im guessing that Wanda creates a new pocket universe that takes over for a year or so (wait that sounds familiar) , I say this because marvel wont change a thing because they think they have a formula to make cash , but what they dont realise is that people are getting bored. The pics released of Spidey/Hulk/Iron Man from house of M look cool , Spideys costume looks very 90's though , they should have gone with the costume the tailor designed in amazing imo.

click here to check the pics out

edit - just noticed the reflection in the window of the spidey pic and it looks sorta like the spidey 2099 costume , thats pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...

To be totally honest for the longest time I lived by the motto "make mine marvel". But as of 5 years ago I read anything. I really like what DC is doing with Identity Crisis and DC Countdown. I hope that the House of M does for Marvel what IC and Countdown has and will do for DC.

• 1 month later...

Big changes need to happen in the marvel U for me to really get intersted again, for one the Death is Death rule needs to be reinstated and stay effective FOREVER!

death is still death unless writers can come up with a good reason as to how to bring someone back... if not then those people stay dead

death is still death unless writers can come up with a good reason as to how to bring someone back... if not then those people stay dead

and colosus and magneto? Good reasons?

Ahh Magneto's famous "It wasn't me" line helped him escape from death. I thought only OJ got away with that one.

mags was lame but COl's was ok...

House of M was an ok read... I like having all the avenger guys & all the xmen guys with each other... Can't wait till the next issuse...

I know, isn't it a shame? that's why everything is dying, well that and comics not be avaible anywhere but comic shops.

You can pick up some comics at Barnes & Noble and Books A Million. But I personally prefer comic shops. I like to keep things mom & pop when I can. I think wide sales to chains would cheapen things.

Blah blah blah.

Great issue, excellent Bendis dialogue as usual, great pacing, and I loved the scenes with Pietro and Mags. It felt like modern Marvel, with the more realistic dialogue, but had the feel of a big classic 80s crossover set up. I swear if some of you could just open up your perceptions and remember that sometimes comics are just for fun, then you might ENJOY a story every now and then.....but I suppose comics fans feel as though they have to be the last true upholders of tradition. Thing is, to me, the majority of the Quesada era has held the true spirit of Marvel since the peak in the 80s. (I said MAJORITY, of course there's been turds, just like anything)

Annnnyway, I'm glad to see a huge crossover 80s style, but doesn't insult my intellect.

You can pick up some comics at Barnes & Noble and Books A Million. But I personally prefer comic shops. I like to keep things mom & pop when I can. I think wide sales to chains would cheapen things.

*anime fall down!

no seriously there is a problem in comics, one that is outside of the realm of opinion, while in comics shops they reach far fewer new people. Especialy kids becouse parents aren't always going to go out of the way for a kid for a "dumb comic" that has now risen in price becouse of lower sales becouse... the kids market is practicaly gone.