Ever Hear One Of Figures Fall? But Then....

Guest Ravage

Guest Ravage

This seems to happen to me a lot. Especially at night. I have two rooms where I keep figures and it one falls I usually heaer it. But when I go to look for it I can't tell which! The I go through the numbers and see who's laying on their back/front. Anyone else ever experience action figure fallouts?

Haha, I hate that sound. Drives me nuts if I look around and don't see anything out of place. Of course, it's it's worse if see something from a high shelf sprawled on the floor, limbs all akimbo.

Happens all the time to me. Shelf dives occurr incrementaly more frequent the higher the shelves go--seems like there's some kind of physics equation involved.

I have a 12" Dragon figure that constantly falls and busts a hip or leg doing so.

I even move the figure down to a lower shelf--still happened.

Had to replace the body 4 times, and on the fourth--I just boxed up the guy into storage.

Sometimes the things are cursed.

Yeah it happens to me. I usually know who it is though... and the usual suspects are Phoenix and Cyclops cause Cyclops is always kneeling in front of Phoenix. lol... but yeah... Its kinda scary though if you ask me. Especially if something broke! *touch wood* Im glad theres carpet to land on.

Yeah I get that too. It's usually the same ones.

I just got a 3 3/4 Lando Calrissian and it took me forever to get him to stand. Then I finally got him to stand and I went to stand up from sitting and when I put my hand on the ground to push myself up, it shook the shelf and he fell again. There was much cursing that night!

Yeah I get that too.  It's usually the same ones. 

I just got a 3 3/4 Lando Calrissian and it took me forever to get him to stand.  Then I finally got him to stand and I went to stand up from sitting and when I put my hand on the ground to push myself up, it shook the shelf and he fell again.  There was much cursing that night!

I have my SW figs on those Expand-A-Shelf deals from Walmart. I drilled holes in them and put Ultarama pegs in them. If only I could get it right: My drilling was pretty sloppy, and most holes are too big or too small, not to mention crooked. I'd like to see a company like Ultarama make a unit like that. That would be perfect for my SW figs. I like them tiered like that. There's no way I'd pay retail for an Ultarama only to have the figures in front block the ones behind them from view.

That happens to my MOTU figs all the time. If I put any fig near Skeletor their on the floor the next day. Damn bad guys...lol.

Worse then that is when you have the domino effect. When you leave a room and hear the crash only to find every fig on that shelf and bellow it have taken the dive. Better then that even is when a fig falls and any gun or accesory they were holding is gone. Only to be found when you finally replace it.

That doesn't happen to me, I have all my figures in one area, so I can spot a fallen soldier pretty quickly. I must say that every time I hear this sound I get really pissed off. It's like, "oh great, who is it this time?" It's usually always the same few trouble makers, like in my case it would be Modern Iron Man because I have him in an odd pose, and Deathlok for about a week would fall like 15 times a day, but now I have him crouched to one knee. On a related note, I had some friends over, and like 4 times they knocked a bunch of figures over, including my War Machine, makes me mad when you can’t just lift them up and stand them right up with ease, it takes a lot of time with some of them.

How about you leave the room and all your figs are standing, then you come back later there is one on the floor @grumpy@

1) Earthquake (or someONE walked by) lol

2) Haunted... woooo

Sometimes. But what's worse is when a figure falls in the middle of the night while you're sleeping and BAM! It wakes you up scaring the sh!t out of you!

heh. being the brilliant mastermind that i am, i have a bunch of hardcover books, some cd cases and a ceramic robot right infront of one of my shelves so whenever anyone falls, they make a much louder sound as opposed to hitting carpet. i really need to move that stuff somewhere else.

plus keeping them so close together means they more likely to perform mass suicides instead of just one jumper.

A few weeks ago my SOTA Ken fell and took out about 3 Transformers.. This happened in the middle of the night and scared the beejeebus out of me and my wife.

The only fig I have trouble getting to stand is DC Direct Power Girl.. No damn stand like later releases.

At times it gets pretty rough for me. I live right down the street from some railroad tracks so every time a train goes by the walls shake, which of course makes the shelves shake too.

Now the shaking itself rarely knocks anything over but the shaking gradually tends to push figures closer and closer to the edge of the shelf and if I don't notice it in time then one or two might go over the edge. Naturally that only happens when I'm sleeping or trying to get to sleep. @grumpy@

Luckily I've gotten pretty good at making sure things don't get too close to the edge so it doesn't happen as much as it used to.

Guest Ravage

One night Vega fell over and took out Ken who in turn took Chun-Li. Tiple K.O. I guess!

But here's a few of the regulars.

Usually Poison Ivy falls even though she's leaning against a tree.

I had to line my Stormtroopers up against the wall because the domino effect is the bane of the Army Builder's existence.

And Catwoman seems to fall over every so often, you'd think Batman would bend down to help her up!

I usually know who falls. 9 out of 10 times it's usually JLU Atom, Elongathed Man, or Clear Martian Manhunter. It looks like those 3 in particular have ankles that over time will buckle under the weight of the figure.

Atom especially, even though I've re-shaped his feet dozens of times, they eventually return the their forward bent state. I wish I know of some chemical that could stiffen plastic.

How about you leave the room and all your figs are standing, then you come back later there is one on the floor @grumpy@

I hate that! Thats usually the case when one of my figs fall. Although one of my TRU TF reissues came crasshing down from several feet up in the middle of the night.....it scared the crap out of me and my dong.

I dont really have a big collection so I usually notice which one fell easily but what pissed me off is when I stand it up again the figure next to it starts to fall.......... ~_~

Happens a lot to me too. Usually a lot with my Lord of the Rings collection. They're preched up my desk hutch and it's pretty crowded up there. My DC Direct are not the best at standing either and tend to take stumbles. My Marvel Legends surprisingly stay up very well considering their flimsy legs.

I dont really have a big collection so I usually notice which one fell easily but what pissed me off is when I stand it up again the figure next to it starts to fall.......... ~_~

My Star Wars figures go down like dominoes. @grumpy@