An Odd Question...

Darthmaul33

back in the '80s, do you remember where in the toystore or whatever store you frequented for JOES, placed them? I know a lot of you will say in the action figure section, BUT...I remember going to this toy store here in San Diego called Play Co. and I remember that they had their figures on the wall behind the case register in the RC car section. To this day, I wonder why they didn't have them next to the vehicles and other action figures on the main floor. I bet that when they came out, kids would sneak 'em out. But who knows. Anyone have any other places where they'd find Joes in odd places?

I don't remember any odd places, but I remember a lot of the stores I used to get them at that are no longer in business like TG&Y, Venture, Otasco and Gibsons. Sure wish we had that kind of selection today fors toys.

I only ever saw them in the toy dept.

Once at a K-Mart there was a display up by the registers. It was 4-sided with pegs and turned. Packed with Joes.

That was where I first got Scarlet, weird how that memeory has stayed with me..

I think I bought them at stores called Bi-Way... It wasn't big department stores for sure. Or maybe even dollar stores!

Anyone have any other places where they'd find Joes in odd places?

I found a Joe up my butt once. @onthecan@ @moon@

Right after you heard the sentence "YOU CAN TAKE THAT CRYSTAL BALL...AND SHOVE'EM UP YOUR @##!!!"

hehe.gif

Sometimes those G.I.Joe trades (as kids) didn't work out so well? ;)

Joes were usually in the toy dept for me too, except when I saw all the space figures in the clearance aisle :P

The weirdest place I saw figures was actually very recently at wal-mart they had all these star wars figures on an end cap in the hardware section with pretty much every rare and hard to find figure since no one looked there for toys.