I Need Me Some Shockwave!!

Ren

I've been searching for days, even in other towns accross this state and still have no luck. Maybe I should just start calling stores.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found him about 2 days ago, Richmond VA.Wal Mart, I also got Energon Overcast. They only had 1 each. Shockblast is definately my favorite right now. I would'nt worry too much about missing him, as he will also be in the next case wave with Wheeljack.

Man I went to 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a TRU this past Sunday and there was no Shocky to be found. I was either to early or to late I guess. Congrats on your find DG.

Thanks. I usually pm you or scottie when I see something new. Try the wally world on brook rd.

Found him about 2 days ago, Richmond VA.Wal Mart, I also got Energon Overcast. They only had 1 each. Shockblast is definately my favorite right now. I would'nt worry too much about missing him, as he will also be in the next case wave with Wheeljack.

Man I went to 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a TRU this past Sunday and there was no Shocky to be found. I was either to early or to late I guess. Congrats on your find DG.

Sounds like one of my toy runs for new alts.

lamo

"ere's a difference between "hard to find" and "not yet saturated" toys.

And he bought three, not three hundred.

AND YOU'RE FRIGGIN' CANDIAN! It's not going to affect you"

Me likely cheetimus primal :) @can@ hahahah

Actaully seems to me like its just one idiot who keeps on calln you a scaper & he won't shutup, most are defending you :)

@loll@

I wish I could find my self 3 alt tracks & 3 alt shockys lol! I'd snap a pic & give it to you to post there @can@ @loll@

lamo

"ere's a difference between "hard to find" and "not yet saturated" toys.

And he bought three, not three hundred.

AND YOU'RE FRIGGIN' CANDIAN! It's not going to affect you"

Me likely cheetimus primal :) @can@ hahahah

Actaully seems to me like its just one idiot who keeps on calln you a scaper & he won't shutup, most are defending you :)

@loll@

I wish I could find my self 3 alt tracks & 3 alt shockys lol! I'd snap a pic & give it to you to post there @can@ @loll@

there's three or four in the thread that that didn't like it I beleive but your right most people thought it was ok. Cheets is a good guy.

When I find wheeljack I hope there's three of him , I'll post them just like I did shocky. I think shocky is just a loved alt and people have some agnst not having found it yet.

There's a guy in my area that also buys multiples of TF's, and probably other popular toys as well. One to keep MISB, one to open, and one to make a profit on selling online.

I have a feeling he's the reason why whenever something new gets released in the area there's never any for anyone else.

I think it's ok to go ahead and clear a store out if the next store over has a full selection, but when the stores here don't restock very often, like once every two to three months, then it's really unfair to be hoarding them for yourself.

Personally I feel stores should put a limit on toy collectibles, like one or two per customer, and that's it. I'd even go so far as having stores log drivers licenses to stop one person from buying multiples of the same item. Like block them for 24 hours or so. That way other people would have the chance to get a new item instead of going to a store, finding out there's none and that some guy just left with everything that was new.

For me there's no reason for a person to go into a store and clear out every single Shockwave, or 20th prime, or ML figure, or whatever, even if they're all for himself.

Well, if I new where L dot A dot was at, then I would agree...

L.A.

:o , dam your flag in your avatar made me think you where in another country..

Yeah, L.A. is pretty big, I will be there this June for the first time, maybe now that I finished & played on my XBOX True Crimes of L.A., I won't get lost! @hmmm@

Well, if I new where L dot A dot was at, then I would agree...

L.A.

:o , dam your flag in your avatar made me think you where in another country..

Yeah, L.A. is pretty big, I will be there this June for the first time, maybe now that I finished & played on my XBOX True Crimes of L.A., I won't get lost! @hmmm@

actually, tht Tru Crime game is for the most part accurate.

Store limits really never work, friends and such can always be used to get around such limits. Stores don't need to become police states, they do best when they just focus on selling stuff and not the opposite. Making sure their products are restocked promptly should be their major concern.

PS. the target that I got my three shockwaves from already sold through the other alts and restocked them with yet another case. I talked to a friend who wanted a shocky after seeing mine and he found one at the same target.

Store limits really never work, friends and such can always be used to get around such limits.  Stores don't need to become police states, they do best when they just focus on selling stuff and not the opposite. Making sure their products are restocked promptly should be their major concern.

PS. the target that I got my three shockwaves from already sold through the other alts and restocked them with yet another case. I talked to a friend who wanted a shocky after seeing mine and he found one at the same target.

I think if stores required drivers liscense verification for multiple collectible purchases it would deter people from hoarding, and I'm pretty sure it would deter exactly what you said. If I had to show ID to buy stuff for a friend he'd be out of luck.

I do agree that stores should keep restocking items that sell fast, but around here that is not something that is going on. Once an item is sold out, it's gone for months at a time. So while you might be fine with buying up all the stock of one figure for yourself, here that would mean noone else would be able to buy it themselves for months because of your need to have one in robo mode, one in car mode and one in box. That's just purely excessive. So I would definately limit people like you who need to buy multiples for themselves. The system wouldn't care if they were all for you or for three of your friends, it's give everyone a fair shot at getting one.

And your friend was extremely lucky. I found One Shockwave in one store out of 8 spread over a 30 mile radius. And with the rate of restocking that goes on here it'll be June before another one is seen locally.

Store limits really never work, friends and such can always be used to get around such limits.   Stores don't need to become police states, they do best when they just focus on selling stuff and not the opposite. Making sure their products are restocked promptly should be their major concern.

I think if stores required drivers liscense verification for multiple collectible purchases it would deter people from hoarding, and I'm pretty sure it would deter exactly what you said. If I had to show ID to buy stuff for a friend he'd be out of luck.

I do agree that stores should keep restocking items that sell fast, but around here that is not something that is going on. Once an item is sold out, it's gone for months at a time. So while you might be fine with buying up all the stock of one figure for yourself, here that would mean noone else would be able to buy it themselves for months because of your need to have one in robo mode, one in car mode and one in box. That's just purely excessive. So I would definately limit people like you who need to buy multiples for themselves. The system wouldn't care if they were all for you or for three of your friends, it's give everyone a fair shot at getting one.

And your friend was extremely lucky. I found One Shockwave in one store out of 8 spread over a 30 mile radius. And with the rate of restocking that goes on here it'll be June before another one is seen locally.

@hmmm@ @hmmm@ Have you guys checked that Star Wars on April 2nd? Well, they are having some exclusives & are selling only one item per customer...how will they handle that? With Drivers LIscenses?

Why would a friend that doesn't have intrest in collecting tfs turn down a friends request to buy a tf for him just because it would require an ID?

A licensed based database would never work for sales control, to much hassle, to much cost in executing it. More regular customers would get pissed about it by far than collectors being made happy because of it. In supply vs Demand it's usually alot easier to vary(control) the supply and not the demand.

Have you guys checked that Star Wars on April 2nd? Well, they are having some exclusives & are selling only one item per customer...how will they handle that? With Drivers LIscenses?

Well the vast majority of stores will probably just put the figures out and let whoever wants them buy them or try to impose a limit at the checkout. At more organized locations supposely some managers will hand out tickets one per person inline (if there is one).

Yes but thats for an exclusive or something... completely different imo! & yes if stores started doing this I'd just stop going to them. I shouldn't be forced to give over my personaly information just to buy something...

Yes but thats for an exclusive or something... completely different imo!  & yes if stores started doing this I'd just stop going to them.  I shouldn't be forced to give over my personaly information just to buy something...

You give out your personal information when registering with online stores to buy your toys, why's it so different if you'd have to do it to buy in actual stores?

My whole point is people who buy multiples, like three of one figure, from one store, essentially cleaning them out, are ruining it for the rest of us, plain and simple. They ruin the chances of other people getting the new stuff and they should be stopped. If that means something drastic like stores only allowing one Shockblast, or one Grimlock, or one Landmine, or whatever per person, or verifying ID, then that's what I would implement.

It'd be different if stores got in a decent amount of stock and could handle restocking the shelves constantly, it'd be all good. But with the state of things now, like stores getting in one case every two months, these idiots who buy them all up in one go need to be stopped.

That's exactly what Target is doing...passing out tickets before or at 8:00 a.m.

You sound like you know about the Star Wars stuff. What's the deal with the exclusives on Friday morning? Like what's Target & TRU offering?

I haven't bought SW stuff since I was a little kid, but I'd like to get in on the exclusives this year.

That's exactly what Target is doing...passing out tickets before or at 8:00 a.m.

You sound like you know about the Star Wars stuff. What's the deal with the exclusives on Friday morning? Like what's Target & TRU offering?

I haven't bought SW stuff since I was a little kid, but I'd like to get in on the exclusives this year.

It's been slow at work, so I've been chilling on the SW forum..

so far TArget will have the Vader/flame exclusive. Wal-mart will have a 4 pack old school 1978 early bird 3 3/4 figures for $30, first come basis.

TRU will have the clear Yoda & all first wave of epIII.

TArget starts at 8:00 A.M. april 2nd

Walmart(certain, not all) will start at midnite friday

TRU(certain, not all) will start at midnite friday....