Storm Shadow Artwork

Eric

I haven't yet found the new comic 3-packs, but I broke out my old Joe comics the other day. I have an original issue 21 (of course not in the best shape), and inspiration hit me when I finished reading. So I drew this yesterday, based on the final panel in that issue. It's not completely finished, but it is for the most part.

Storm_Shadow_Silent_Interlude.jpg

My scanner isn't the best, so I had to darken the whole thing to get it to show up better. A little detail is lost, but it's not too bad. Let me know what y'all think.

Looks good!

Is he supposed to look sad and all though?

That was unintentional. In the actual comic, his look is something like a "damn I almost got him but he's a worthy opponent" look. When I drew his eye, I wasn't thinkin' so much about the emotion he was giving off, and subsequently it came out looking like he's sad. It would have helped if I'd drawn the mask slanting down more above his eyes (like glaring eyebrows), but alas, I didn't think of that either till it was too late. Maybe when I finish it up I'll try to fix it a little.

Thanks to all for the praise. It's appreciated. #US1#

I wish that the comic pack guys came with their tatoos exposed. I understand that for most of the comic they are covered up, but thats the most important part of the issue.

That was unintentional. In the actual comic, his look is something like a "damn I almost got him but he's a worthy opponent" look. When I drew his eye, I wasn't thinkin' so much about the emotion he was giving off, and subsequently it came out looking like he's sad. It would have helped if I'd drawn the mask slanting down more above his eyes (like glaring eyebrows), but alas, I didn't think of that either till it was too late. Maybe when I finish it up I'll try to fix it a little.

Thanks to all for the praise. It's appreciated. #US1#

Ahhh I see... :) Still looks good though man!

You're very talented, my man! Good work.

Try loosening up your pencils though... be a little more free with your lines, and you'll find it coming to life.

(Hope you don't mind a little criticism - I majored in fine art back at uni, so it just comes naturally to me! Keep up the good work...)

Bayushi,

I'm not sure what kind of marker set you're referring to, but I don't really have any markers so I'm sure I don't have it. I'd like to get some, though, so if you let me know a good kind to get maybe I'll pick some up.

I happened to glance at the drawing again today and I noticed he's too thick all over, so I agree with your comment about his forearm. His legs, arm, head, everything's a little too thick.

Decepticonus,

I don't mind criticism at all. There's much more to gain from criticism than there is praise (most of the time), so I appreciate it. And next time I'll keep in mind free-er lines. I was a studio art minor for a while, and I'm sure I heard advice like that before.

Bayushi,

I'm not sure what kind of marker set you're referring to, but I don't really have any markers so I'm sure I don't have it. I'd like to get some, though, so if you let me know a good kind to get maybe I'll pick some up.

I happened to glance at the drawing again today and I noticed he's too thick all over, so I agree with your comment about his forearm. His legs, arm, head, everything's a little too thick.

I would recommend a Prismacolor marker set cause they don't streak. Here is a board that me and my friend post some artwork on which is mostly Ninja artwork that shows the coloring with these markers.

http://cmkogasuma.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=Art

These markers sell for over 3-4 bucks retail but I've been able to get them at Ebay for slightly over a dollar each in sets. Hope this info helps your artwork more!

Bayushi,

I'm not sure what kind of marker set you're referring to, but I don't really have any markers so I'm sure I don't have it.  I'd like to get some, though, so if you let me know a good kind to get maybe I'll pick some up.

I happened to glance at the drawing again today and I noticed he's too thick all over, so I agree with your comment about his forearm.  His legs, arm, head, everything's a little too thick.

I would recommend a Prismacolor marker set cause they don't streak. Here is a board that me and my friend post some artwork on which is mostly Ninja artwork that shows the coloring with these markers.

http://cmkogasuma.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=Art

These markers sell for over 3-4 bucks retail but I've been able to get them at Ebay for slightly over a dollar each in sets. Hope this info helps your artwork more!

Sounds good. I like Prismacolor wax colored pencils, so I don't see why I wouldn't like Prismacolor markers (as far as quality goes, I mean). I'll check out that forum, too. Maybe once I get some markers I'll post there and see what happens.